Pages:
Author

Topic: Coinpayments.net is pure evil scam - page 2. (Read 3848 times)

copper member
Activity: 1330
Merit: 899
🖤😏
October 23, 2017, 05:43:42 AM
I don't see any legitimate business owners working with coinpayments speak of something like this, of course you could register a UK company with $100 and honestly they all are scammers, %99 of all UK registered companies are active in fraud and hyip schemes. you better go and install dozens of wallets on dozens of safe computers, then you'll understand why people, legit businesses need something like coinpayments.

Well that doesn't answer why do you use double standard. On one side claiming that you are blocking hyip sites and on the other side just integrating regalcoin which is nothing but pure hyip site.

Also that doesn't answer why do you steal money from my account. You blocked it with no access, no timeframe on funds release, nothing. Even crap PayPal gives you an option to release funds after certain time.

You talk about scammers a lot but you are one of them. You stole the money from my account.
Who me? don't look at me like I'm some sort of business owner here, I'm just a legitimate beggar and shit poster first lol. we stole your stolen money because we could, there is absolutely nothing that you could do to stop us from doing the same thing with other ponzi owners, second lol.
That crappy paypal doesn't give, they'll just take your money when they figure out you were doing the crypto currencies. third and last lol.
If they were pure scam, no body would've used their services, your case just shows how serious they are about their business.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
October 23, 2017, 04:25:38 AM
I don't see any legitimate business owners working with coinpayments speak of something like this, of course you could register a UK company with $100 and honestly they all are scammers, %99 of all UK registered companies are active in fraud and hyip schemes. you better go and install dozens of wallets on dozens of safe computers, then you'll understand why people, legit businesses need something like coinpayments.

Well that doesn't answer why do you use double standard. On one side claiming that you are blocking hyip sites and on the other side just integrating regalcoin which is nothing but pure hyip site.

Also that doesn't answer why do you steal money from my account. You blocked it with no access, no timeframe on funds release, nothing. Even crap PayPal gives you an option to release funds after certain time.

You talk about scammers a lot but you are one of them. You stole the money from my account.
copper member
Activity: 1330
Merit: 899
🖤😏
October 23, 2017, 03:20:41 AM
October 23, 2017, 01:14:58 AM
Oh man this is absolutely insane. Company called coinpayments.net which blocked my account and stole my money, accusing me of running hyip sites and blocking all reported hyips sites in the past just added regalcoin (fake coin from hyip site) to their supported coins lists Grin

Is this a joke or just double standards they use?
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
October 16, 2017, 05:46:39 PM
I am having issues with them also.  I could not find a contact informatio. Do you know it?
Do you mean a Blockchain.info contact form? You can send them a support ticket in this page[1].

[1] https://support.blockchain.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

There are other alternatives you could try out. For example:

Cryptonator - 0.9% PROCESSING FEE and 11 SUPPORTED CURRENCIES;
https://www.cryptonator.com/merchant
Activity: 378
Merit: 11
October 16, 2017, 03:45:50 PM
I am having issues with them also.  I could not find a contact informatio. Do you know it?
Activity: 157
Merit: 100
October 15, 2017, 08:44:51 AM
why don't you use blockchain.info?
Activity: 613
Merit: 305
August 03, 2017, 03:48:46 PM
I've found something: https://github.com/spesmilo/electrum/blob/master/lib/commands.py

It's the getunusedaddress command.

So basically i have to connect to Electrum on localhost:7777 with curl and issue  getunusedaddress with Force=true and it returns me a new address.

EDIT: actually the right command you need to call is addrequest , which internally calls getunusedaddress but the latter can not be called directly. Which is not needed i think,  AFAIK addrequest creates a new address everytime.

The only thing left to check is if i can restore all of my addresses with my Electrum seed if my computer fails.

Maybe i'll just test that on another machine
August 03, 2017, 09:59:23 AM
@Lionel

I think the most secure would be to run your own computer for 24/7. I think Electrum wallet can offer some API for that. I need to do some more research on the topic.

Surprisingly (or not) no one from coinpayments even bother to reply on this topic. It's a shame.

I am reading http://docs.electrum.org and http://matt.ramuta.me/blog/1419787186410-how-to-write-scripts-for-the-electrum-wallet
but they cover only a few of the calls we need.

We also need a call to create an address, because we need to receive a payment that uniquely identifies an order by user X for the product Y.

And i wonder if your Electrum seed can restore all the addresses you have on the wallet,  or it restores just the first one that Electrum created when you first launched it?
For example after you have received 100 payments you have 100 addresses on your wallet, one for each payment you received.
Suppose one day your PC burns and you get a new one.
If you install Electrum there and import your old wallet using the seed, will Electrum restore all the 100 addresses and balances ?
August 03, 2017, 04:08:55 AM
@Lionel

I think the most secure would be to run your own computer for 24/7. I think Electrum wallet can offer some API for that. I need to do some more research on the topic.

Surprisingly (or not) no one from coinpayments even bother to reply on this topic. It's a shame.
August 02, 2017, 10:11:09 AM
@KindHearted

No, I wasn't registered agent (yet), but my intention was to expand business and go entirely legal way.
I agree that they should give me some time frame as the real company should do. For example, PayPal would give the option or at least they have the clear time frame to release funds. But here, there is nothing like that.

@Lionel

I think I won't trust any of the merchants again. Recent "adventures" with coinpayments, btc-e, poloniex which is denying to verify my account for nearly three months now lowers my trust for any of the "companies" dealing with BTC.

The best option would be to make your gateway. You don't need to have your computer turned on 24/7. You can always get some VPS server or dedicated server to act as your payment gateway. I think the good idea is to get "verification" before your business goes online. What I mean is sending the merchant your address and asking if they can check if it's ok with their ToS. If they are ok with that, you will have some proof that they agreed to work with you.

Your VPS solution is already better, even if not 100% safe.

Because even if you encrypt your wallet on a VPS, the server is still in someone else's hands or the "police" can seize it and technically rob your coins while the wallet runs.

They can just use your wallet from its interface while it is running, and withdraw your coins to their pockets.

August 02, 2017, 03:21:48 AM
@KindHearted

No, I wasn't registered agent (yet), but my intention was to expand business and go entirely legal way.
I agree that they should give me some time frame as the real company should do. For example, PayPal would give the option or at least they have the clear time frame to release funds. But here, there is nothing like that.

@Lionel

I think I won't trust any of the merchants again. Recent "adventures" with coinpayments, btc-e, poloniex which is denying to verify my account for nearly three months now lowers my trust for any of the "companies" dealing with BTC.

The best option would be to make your gateway. You don't need to have your computer turned on 24/7. You can always get some VPS server or dedicated server to act as your payment gateway. I think the good idea is to get "verification" before your business goes online. What I mean is sending the merchant your address and asking if they can check if it's ok with their ToS. If they are ok with that, you will have some proof that they agreed to work with you.
August 01, 2017, 09:51:48 PM
Very shameful.. i was about to use their services but now i am rethinking.

Merchants like us can benefit from a payment gateway API like Coinpayments or Bitpay which in theory is better than having a wallet on your local machine and call its RPC API to receive/send payments.

The latter is not the best solution because  you have to keep your computer running  24/7 at home.

So i was thinking to receive payments through Coinpayments or Bitpay and withdraw my funds from there to my local wallet once in a while or everytime i top 0.01 BTC, ... but from your experience i see that's not safe.

So what is an alternative solution than having to run a wallet at home 24/7 ?
Activity: 61
August 01, 2017, 08:06:16 PM
Chances are that (at least) one of your customers denounced you @Coinpayments for some type of misbehaviour or broken promises.

Furthermore, unless the jurisdiction you are residing in, isn't a third world country,
chances are that you are technically breaking the law by accepting other people's money for engaging in trading activities.
(unless you are officially a "professional money advisor/consultant" or "professional investing/trading business relying on investors capital",
registered with the district court/chamber of commerce or other authorities/agencies depending on your jurisdiction)

Most civilized countries simply require such a registration, to halt and discourage frauds and scams perpetrated by thiefs and con-artists,
as they are usually reluctant to reveal their name and true identity by registering (if they have intention to steal from their customers),
and thereby offer some protection to their population.
Some countries like the U.S. may even require your customers to have an "accredited investor" status, depending on the securities or the
level of risk involved in trading those securities on their behalf.

However, if you have not committed any wrongdoing and always acted in "good faith" and in the best interest of your customers, i agree
that Coinpayments shouldn't have frozen any funds, but rather asked for an interview or conversation, in order to evaluate the situation.
If they refuse to work with you in future, i agree that they should have given you a warning or a time-frame until when they will close your
account with them, but at least process the last transaction/s. (as long as there are no strong reasons not to)
August 01, 2017, 01:38:39 PM
I'm sad to say that this site acting like the big merchant is a pure scam. Let me tell you why.

I used to have the small site, where investors were paying me money, I was trading them on exchange markets and giving the money back with promised income. Probably most of you will call that site HYIP, but I didn't cover withdraws for investors from incoming deposits. I had very good results from trading, so the site was working correctly.

I never used any proxy or fake emails etc. while dealing with coinpayments. Also, I was dealing with their support for several times, and there was never a problem with my site. Suddenly, after about 70 days of charging me fees (and believe me, they made some proper cash serving my customers), they decided to block my account. Just like that. No warning, no notification, just nothing. What is more, their crap system wasn't even able to give me the clear message saying what is going on. I had to wait a good few hours for their responses to find out what's the story.

So I just got response from them saying: "Funds are frozen pending fraud investigation. Your account is suspended indefinitely without a chance to appeal due to the nature of business your account was used for.  Your information including IP address and access logs will be here for authorities to review including all the dialog here. We do not tolerate scams, Ponzi schemes, email spoofing, theft or any other illegal activities."

So account is closed. Fair enough, they could change their minds not serving my customers and me. But why funds are frozen? What right do they have to freeze my customer's money?

They are very fast to close all the tickets giving answers which are getting me nowhere. Last few times they were saying that I need to contact them via snail mail if I want to get any answers about my account! In the 21st century they are asking me to send them a letter...

They have never replied to questions I asked by my attorney's advice like:

1. Who will be doing fraud investigation
2. What is the time frame
3. Who is mentioned "authorities" and how can I reach them
4. What is their phone number so my attorney can contact them.

All of those questions remained unanswered. All I got was something like "You need to get to Canadian court because we don't like you and we think you are not legit". I sent them my company's paperwork, and they said that I could get a UK company for $100 so it's nothing for them.

So if you read this, you are dealing with coinpayments then be careful if you have a UK company as they might steal your money because UK companies are cheap to get!

So now I have to prove that my business was legit (yes, "was" as I was scammed by coinpayments and btc-e) just because coinpayments are acting like a god.

Dear Mr Data and other staff members. Enjoy the money you stole from my customers and me. This is the weird coincidence that you blocked my account just after I topped up an account with some good income paid out from Bittrex. Now you can also enjoy stolen BCC as you got some on my account as well.

Stay away from the businesses like coinpayments.
Pages:
Jump to: