Pages:
Author

Topic: Coins kept in exchange, are they safe? - page 45. (Read 5685 times)

Activity: 78
Merit: 0
I think Binance and coinbase are an exception, otherwise don't keep it on the exchange.
legendary
Activity: 1085
Merit: 1000
ALT Add: APfc4bykKHxYSVkvzsLdQvmiTXvTgMiCRM
eventhough you left the coins in exchange, it is not really secure even you put security features like 2FA or email verification. It is only matter on how does the exchange platform security works and reliability. I have been only using well known exchange by the way.
Activity: 882
Merit: 102
PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds
Nothing is safe until you have your private key. On most exchanges you don't have your own coins so you don't own it.
Activity: 89
With exchanges, you don't have control over your private keys. If the centralized exchange servers where your key is held are compromised, so are your exchange wallet and your funds.

That being said, exchanges like Binance, Coinbase and BitMEX seem to be hack-proof so holding funds there shouldn't be a problem. Just in case, only hold what you want to trade on an exchange wallet.
Activity: 125
I feel keeping our coins in exchanges, mininize the risk of loosing our coins to wallet hackers.
They are safe while the exchange functions normally. Just do not keep all your money in one place. On little-known exchanges I try not to store any money at all.
Activity: 84
I guess it depends on the coin but I would say that for the major ones, wallet are safer than exchanges, obviosuly if you trade a big number of coins it can get quite annoying and confusing...but you should lock-in most of the profits in major cryptos (btc, eth..) and keep them in a wallet.
Activity: 115
Never keep your coins in exchanges as a way of storing them, coins in exchanges are not as safe as people might think. You are more likely to lose your coins in an exchange if that exchange ends up getting hacked so always make sure that once you are done trading, that you always move your coins back to their wallets
Activity: 714
Merit: 261
I feel keeping our coins in exchanges, mininize the risk of loosing our coins to wallet hackers.

Thats the worst idea anyone can have. I dont think its ideal and everyone knows that exchangers are more prone to the hacks these days. We have seen so many example by now. Bitrex, Bitumb, and some moderate range marketplace have been hampered with the hacks all the time. Last year millions of worth NEO were stolen, this year ETH and 30 millions worth of tokes from the bithumb. I guess its enough proof for us that putting out stakes over the exchanger can be dangers move. So better store them safe in the private keys owned wallet.
Activity: 714
Merit: 3
Coins kept in exchanges are not safe, you could get hacked and you will not hold the exchange responsible for your loss. Is better you keep it in the wallet you have the keys to or even in a cold wallet storage. Is more safe there.
Activity: 98
It's not safe to keep our coins. Your property must be carefully stored with a secure password only if you know it. We worry only that when we store them when prices drop, they lose a lot. That is unavoidable.
Activity: 84
From my perspective i think kept coin is not safe option. You must keep your coin in a safe zone and must strong password also.foe example you keep your coin i the store and price fall down then you will face some losses also.
Activity: 89

exchange is very easy to hack, never hold your coins in exchange. some time ago korean exchange was hacked and it caused bitcoin and altcoin prices to decline sharply.
Activity: 143
Yes it is, but it most be a reliable exchange with a high reputation. Most exchange that is reliable keep majority of its funds on a cold wallet and hence if there is even a hack,you won't feel it more like exchange keeping all it funds online.
Activity: 51
Keeping your coins at exchanges is not a good idea as many had been reported of hacked exchanges due to DDOS attacked. If you don't have plan to do trade or sell your token it's better to let it on your wallet and secure the private key. This can minimize the risk of losing your funds
Activity: 252
Merit: 12
Keeping coin in exchange have 90% safe rate, the only risk is you lost access to yours account on that exchange. Lost password, lost 2FA, hack ... are all yours mistake and you might have lost yours balance.
Activity: 658
Merit: 100
no first rule never let coin in an centrelized exchange second rule never forget the first rule for real this is risky even binance and bitfinex are considering the migration to a decentrelized exchange
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
I do not think anything will happen to the assets that are in Exchange. As long as you stay away from pissing, you will not have any trouble unless you interfere with things you do not know. You can trade with peace of mind.
Activity: 392
this is not the most reliable way to store your funds. more recently, there was big news that many wallets have been hacked. people were losing a lot of money. therefore, storage on the exchange is not as reliable as possible.
Activity: 336
it is better to keep your money in your wallet. it's much safer than the stock exchange. although everyone chooses the storage options of their own money just recently was a hacker attack and now I think it's all unsafe
Activity: 658
Merit: 5

Yes
As long as u activate 2fa and secure your account
All coins in an exchange are safe
Pages:
Jump to: