Pages:
Author

Topic: Coins not appearing in wallet after confirmation - page 2. (Read 1716 times)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Ok I've downloaded Electrum and put the wallet address I sent the coins to and they have appeared in there. I'm not sure what I do next though, do I need to use the private key from my sending account, or the receiving Ledger wallet? the sending is through Coinbase so I'm not sure how I even got about getting the private key from there (if at all available)
Activity: 658
Merit: 501
Hackers please hack me .... if you can :)
In the ledger wallet normally coins appear immediately after you send them (talking from electrum or other desktop wallets as in coinbase you have to wait for them to process the transaction). Have you checked all addresses in the ledger wallet, go to the sign in message option and copy paste all addresses. Normally there is a glitch ongoing here as if the transaction is confirmed in the blockchain.info or other block explorers it should appear.

Why don't you show us the tx ID of your transaction from your coinbase to your ledger wallet so we can check better ?
Have you:

- Checked the transaction on a block explorer instead of coinbase? Is it showing as confirmed there?
- Checked the addresses contained in the transaction... is the output address actually one of the ones in your Ledger wallet? Although given that you scanned a QR code, it shouldn't really have gone anywhere else.

It might just be a glitch in the ledger wallet app... have you tried creating a watching wallet in another app like Electrum and see if it detects your coins? If all else fails... try contacting Ledger support.

It is showing as confirmed when I look on a block explorer. I can't seem to find how to look at the output addresses I have in the Ledger wallet as it changes each time; is there a way to do this? I'm hoping it is the right one because of the QR code.

How do I go about creating a watching wallet?

I've also emailed Ledger support and Coinbase but neither has come back to me as yet.
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
Have you:

- Checked the transaction on a block explorer instead of coinbase? Is it showing as confirmed there?
- Checked the addresses contained in the transaction... is the output address actually one of the ones in your Ledger wallet? Although given that you scanned a QR code, it shouldn't really have gone anywhere else.

It might just be a glitch in the ledger wallet app... have you tried creating a watching wallet in another app like Electrum and see if it detects your coins? If all else fails... try contacting Ledger support.
Hi

I'm new to this but I had some coins in my Coinbase wallet that I wanted to move into my Nano S Ledger. So I pressed receive on my Nano S Ledger, scanned the QR code through the coinbase app and transferred them. It took a long time for the transaction to be confirmed with Coinbase but since it has, although nothing is appearing in my Nano S Ledger wallet.

I've since bought a smaller amount through Coinbase to test again, and once the transaction confirmed they appeared almost immediately in my wallet, so I'm worried I've lost the original ones.

Is there a chance it might just be taking a while to appear? Pretty concerned I've lost the original purchase but I don't understand how they could have gone anywhere else as I canned the address from the QR code from my Ledger Wallet Bitcoin app.

Thanks
Pages:
Jump to: