Pages:
Author

Topic: Cointerra actually shipping? - page 2. (Read 6526 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
February 06, 2014, 07:39:16 PM
Demand makes it a special case  Roll Eyes

Really?

You think demand for miners outstrips an iPhone launch?

Hahahaha, this comment made me laugh   Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

+1 to you sir.
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
February 05, 2014, 05:23:55 PM
early January batch???
LOL
you'll get your in 2-3 months.
to early for you to panic
;-)

I am not satisfied with 'in 2-3 months'!!

Early January means EARY JANUARY, not in 2-3 months.

do your homework next time before ordering any hardware

Yours too.  Just because another company is dishonest/incapable, it doesn't excuse future business tactics or performances.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 500
BintexFutures
February 04, 2014, 05:38:11 PM
Demand makes it a special case  Roll Eyes

Really?

You think demand for miners outstrips an iPhone launch?
Activity: 706
February 04, 2014, 04:40:42 PM
Demand makes it a special case  Roll Eyes
Activity: 435
February 04, 2014, 02:03:55 PM
Well, i always had an idea that cointerra might do this. And i actually have an intuition that cointerra is not gonna ship at all. I don't think they even have the hardware ready. They promise too big a claim, i would love to see them live up to people's expectations.
BintexFutures
February 04, 2014, 07:36:39 AM

Every single person who mines crypto needs to stop pre-ordering TODAY and end this madness.

Exactly this. It's utter madness, if a company want to develop a product, let them develop it, demonstrate it and then sell it. People need to stop paying for vapourware that is never ever shipped on time. There is going to be many multiple of terrahashes hitting the network that won't even return their investment. The only people laughing are the vapour manufacturers.

Studio1 -

its all very well saying that, but the sheer cost of designing and producing an asic, let alone go into manufacture on custom hardware... runs into the millions.  no company can afford to do it unless (a) they have already made millions (which means only existing bitcoin asic companies can do it)... or (b) they take pre-orders from customers and use those funds to kickstart their production.

hashfast & cointerra were hybrid companies... they raised some funds from private investors to get the design done... (circa $1m)..  and then they raised the rest of the $5m from pre-orders, to make the masks and start production.

no one can afford to just 'enter' the bitcoin mining business without significant funds.  those funds will usually come via pre-orders.  If they take pre-orders, then at least it will be decentralised and offered to the public at retail.

AND IF THEY DONT do pre-orders, then expect the company could become a private mine.  (like 21e6 llc)... which raised all of its money from private investors, and its not selling any miners to the public.

Totally appreciate the point, but in every other area of industry and business companies develop the product then bring it to market. I cannot think of another area of tech development where this business model is applied.

If no one bought pre orders then I don't believe that companies wouldn't develop and sell miners, they would just have to raise funding like every single other manufacturing business out there.  This is no different to any other area of technical development and manufacture, I don't see why it is a special case and it always, always goes wrong.
Activity: 702
February 04, 2014, 07:05:06 AM

Every single person who mines crypto needs to stop pre-ordering TODAY and end this madness.

Exactly this. It's utter madness, if a company want to develop a product, let them develop it, demonstrate it and then sell it. People need to stop paying for vapourware that is never ever shipped on time. There is going to be many multiple of terrahashes hitting the network that won't even return their investment. The only people laughing are the vapour manufacturers.

Studio1 -

its all very well saying that, but the sheer cost of designing and producing an asic, let alone go into manufacture on custom hardware... runs into the millions.  no company can afford to do it unless (a) they have already made millions (which means only existing bitcoin asic companies can do it)... or (b) they take pre-orders from customers and use those funds to kickstart their production.

hashfast & cointerra were hybrid companies... they raised some funds from private investors to get the design done... (circa $1m)..  and then they raised the rest of the $5m from pre-orders, to make the masks and start production.

no one can afford to just 'enter' the bitcoin mining business without significant funds.  those funds will usually come via pre-orders.  If they take pre-orders, then at least it will be decentralised and offered to the public at retail.

AND IF THEY DONT do pre-orders, then expect the company could become a private mine.  (like 21e6 llc)... which raised all of its money from private investors, and its not selling any miners to the public.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
February 04, 2014, 12:52:12 AM
Pre-orders are really a bad idea.

Isn't better to go directly to their postal address to receive the product ?
BintexFutures
February 03, 2014, 03:57:10 AM

donator
Activity: 686
Merit: 519
It's for the children!
February 03, 2014, 12:23:31 AM
Can anyone confirm that they received any miners or tracking numbers from Cointerra yet, besides the one person?

I am getting a bad feeling about this, as I have seen nothing indicating Cointerra actually started shipping to customers..

Nervously waiting for my "Early January Batch" TerraMiner IV.

Don't be nervous.

I can assure you they will ship faster than BFL pre-orders  Grin
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
Cloud Mining & Colocation
February 02, 2014, 09:59:16 PM
If you have placed an order and paid via Bitcoin since January 31st and have been contacted via email by any person purporting to be a CoinTerra representative offering to discount your order or to move you into an earlier batch, or to sell you a cancelled order from an earlier batch in exchange for quick payment please contact us immediately at [email protected] so that we may investigate it.

lolololololol.........roughly translated...your BTC is gone but we don't have it!!!!
wow just wow.

If people were getting emails like that wouldn't it be all over the forum???

Yeah that's what I was thinking surely people would have mentioned those emails...

Very worrying if you paid by Bitcoin though.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
February 02, 2014, 09:35:40 PM
If you have placed an order and paid via Bitcoin since January 31st and have been contacted via email by any person purporting to be a CoinTerra representative offering to discount your order or to move you into an earlier batch, or to sell you a cancelled order from an earlier batch in exchange for quick payment please contact us immediately at [email protected] so that we may investigate it.

lolololololol.........roughly translated...your BTC is gone but we don't have it!!!!
wow just wow.

If people were getting emails like that wouldn't it be all over the forum???
Activity: 854
einc.io
February 02, 2014, 09:16:07 PM
They are more creative than BFL "Two weeks™".
I wonder if this is true?
Activity: 238
February 02, 2014, 08:41:31 PM
a delay of 3 months is the difference between profit and losing all of your investment
Activity: 180
Cloud Mining & Colocation
February 02, 2014, 08:33:28 PM

Bit worrying, screen shot of their site.
legendary
Activity: 1148
February 02, 2014, 08:26:50 PM
Yes but didn't you see the awesome picture with the lucky person who got to errr...visit his miner. It is now hashing and the eventual owner couldn't be happier!!
Just check his reddit thread.
See everything is fine.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
February 02, 2014, 07:16:19 AM
early January batch???
LOL
;-)

do your homework next time before ordering any hardware
Activity: 868
February 02, 2014, 07:01:25 AM
early January batch???
LOL
;-)

I've got january orders too and i maintain a close contact with the company. I've visited them and am fairly confident they're in production.  exactly when they ship I'm not sure but I'm hopeful mine will arrive in a week or two...  and I'm not first on the list

Please report back when you get it. Smiley
Activity: 702
February 02, 2014, 06:58:35 AM
early January batch???
LOL
;-)

I've got january orders too and i maintain a close contact with the company. I've visited them and am fairly confident they're in production.  exactly when they ship I'm not sure but I'm hopeful mine will arrive in a week or two...  and I'm not first on the list

Activity: 266
February 02, 2014, 06:27:31 AM
early January batch???
LOL
;-)

well, there is nothing you can do bro.

welcome to the club!
Pages:
Jump to: