Pages:
Author

Topic: Cointerra Hardware Support **Unofficial - page 13. (Read 56761 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
This is like a slap to the face. Look what Cointerra is selling now.

http://cointerra.com/product/non-warranty-repair/

Wow.  That is one very large pile of bull****.
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
This is not linked on the cointerra homepage, is it some kind of "private link" only issued by cointerra to enquiring customers via customer services, i suppose?
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
This is like a slap to the face. Look what Cointerra is selling now.

http://cointerra.com/product/non-warranty-repair/
Activity: 117

So basically, I need to use a different cgminer....

Are you sure the date isn't wrong on the Beaglebone?
Activity: 215
Folks,  seems like this is probably a non-starter given all the complaints I am seeing about Cointerra support.  But...  barring building my own controller to bypass the beaglebone, (perhaps Raspberry Pi?) is there any way to recompile or otherwise change the cgminer version in the stock 0.7.6 firmware? I'm running into an issue on NiceHash pool where I am getting 80%+ rejects that has been identified as the following:

This error means that your miner modified ntime too many seconds ahead which means that the target pool may refuse such shares. Some pools may permit some seconds ahead and some may not, but we don't know which do and which don't so we do not allow ntime to be rolled more than current time (we don't permit rolling into the future). I would suggest you to contact ASIC developer and request a fix on mining software/firmware. Miner should always exhaust extranonce range first, before doing ntime rolling.

So basically, I need to use a different cgminer....

Is anyone in fact using a Raspberry Pi to control their terraminer? I am using one for my Scrypt Zeusminers....  love it! Would be nice to have a bit more freedom...

Activity: 169
I decided to send another request to support through the cointerra website asking specifically what the D45 RED LED means and how can I fix it. This is the reply I got. What a fucking bitch and Fuck CoinTerra  Angry

Hi ,

We are not currently releasing that information.

Best regards,

Laura
CoinTerra Support Team

I got pretty much the same response from Marshall when I was having overheating issues. I sent him an email asking which core was which so I could narrow down the ones that were getting hot and he told me he could not comment on that. Cointerra will not help their customers in any way.
Activity: 29
I decided to send another request to support through the cointerra website asking specifically what the D45 RED LED means and how can I fix it. This is the reply I got. What a fucking bitch and Fuck CoinTerra  Angry

Hi ,

We are not currently releasing that information.

Best regards,

Laura
CoinTerra Support Team
Activity: 29

Bad pumps show as 0 RPM in the admin panel, iirc the boards will start with a pump failure.

Hello Patrick, how nice to see you around on Bitcointalk again. How's the dog?

My seven year old daughter, Anna, is wondering when you are going to return our 51 bitcoins trapped in Intersango, which you promised to return to us last October, so that her dog, Buddy, can get his long overdue heart operation.

Damn 51 coins is a good chunk of money, hopefully you get those back but highly unlikely. Every coin I see go missing never gets returned. That goes for USD too-
Activity: 43

Bad pumps show as 0 RPM in the admin panel, iirc the boards will start with a pump failure.

Hello Patrick, how nice to see you around on Bitcointalk again. How's the dog?

My seven year old daughter, Anna, is wondering when you are going to return our 51 bitcoins trapped in Intersango, which you promised to return to us last October, so that her dog, Buddy, can get his long overdue heart operation.

Activity: 808
Merit: 502
Thanks for the extra tips MarvinMartian I will perform the operation next week and let everyone know how it goes. My heat syncing compound should arrive next week.
Activity: 224
You don't need to completely remove the entire cooling assembly.  The block hoses should have just enough play in them so they can be set out of the way.  It may depend on how your power cables are set up.  On mine, they weren't an issue.

Perhaps most important, use some guides to keep the block in place when screwing it back in.  I used 3" wood dowels (chopsticks) sharpened on both ends.  You don't want the block moving around and smearing your paste all over as you screw it back in place.
Thanks derel1cte for the reply. I guess I will give it a try. What do I have to lose. Right now I can hash faster with a pencil and paper than the damned Cointerra at full power.
Activity: 19
Okay thanks JoseSan... I'll give it a try. It appears though my woes with Cointerra are more serious than beaglebone. Both of the hashing boards are over heating badly. I saw a reference to some videos on how to repair the cointerra boards by reapplying thermal paste. I looked for the videos but could not find them on Youtube. Can someone please post the link for the videos. It looks like I am going to have to perform a full repair on this piece of crap hardware. Ugh!

Hey mmfiore,

I've done the thermal paste reapplication. its pretty easy.

1. completely remove the processor block/radiator assemblies from the system. You will need to disconnect the power wires from the boards as well since they weave between the hoses.
2. Completely remove all the old thermal paste and clean the the blocks and processors using 90%+ isotrophyl alcohol and q-tips.
3. Apply thermal compound only to each processor, not the pump blocks. About the size of a BB on each core. I prefer "Innovative Cooling Diamond 24 Carat". It will get you results similar to the "Liquid Pro" many others are using but doesn't have the shorting risks of conductive paste.
4. line up the block above the processor and get the mounting screws started. Do not apply downward pressure on the block until all 4 screws are started.
5. Apply firm pressure straight down on the block and tighten all the mounting screws.

Done.
Okay thanks JoseSan... I'll give it a try. It appears though my woes with Cointerra are more serious than beaglebone. Both of the hashing boards are over heating badly. I saw a reference to some videos on how to repair the cointerra boards by reapplying thermal paste. I looked for the videos but could not find them on Youtube. Can someone please post the link for the videos. It looks like I am going to have to perform a full repair on this piece of crap hardware. Ugh!

Can you please give example of how to do these commands into cgminer

./cgminer -c cgminer.conf --cta-load 128 --ps-load 50

That's an example of an (in-theory) 50% power setup. Cointerra never documented what the hell these things do, not even to Con Kolivas. I'm not sure what they do, really.
Josesan  I tried the commands and it did not seem to change anything,

Can you please give example of how to do these commands into cgminer
That's sort of a lie, but it might indirectly be telling the truth, as the CTA devices might be ignoring the bits about the power setting, set via these two lines:

buf[CTA_RESET_LOAD] = opt_cta_load ? opt_cta_load : 255;
   buf[CTA_RESET_PSLOAD] = opt_ps_load;

You can send those commands to cgminer, as the version in your Beaglebone is doing (I had a look).  You're basically saying "please use this much power" but it can happily ignore you. This might also require cooperation from the Beaglebone, but I doubt it since there's no direct signal connection to the PSUs from the Beaglebone (there is a power connection).

I would like to set up a batch command with power setings

Thanks JoseSan I will give those a try tomorrow. Do you have a complete list of all the Cointerra commands by any chance? 

Those are the only Cointerra-specific command-line arguments in cgminer.

Funny story - I got those from the source code without looking at the ASIC-README: https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/blob/master/ASIC-README

Cointerra devices come up as CTA devices and currently take no command line arguments.

That's sort of a lie, but it might indirectly be telling the truth, as the CTA devices might be ignoring the bits about the power setting, set via these two lines:

buf[CTA_RESET_LOAD] = opt_cta_load ? opt_cta_load : 255;
   buf[CTA_RESET_PSLOAD] = opt_ps_load;

You can send those commands to cgminer, as the version in your Beaglebone is doing (I had a look).  You're basically saying "please use this much power" but it can happily ignore you. This might also require cooperation from the Beaglebone, but I doubt it since there's no direct signal connection to the PSUs from the Beaglebone (there is a power connection).
Thanks JoseSan I will give those a try tomorrow. Do you have a complete list of all the Cointerra commands by any chance? 

Those are the only Cointerra-specific command-line arguments in cgminer.
This is starting to get interesting and fun !!! i was wondering, can i chain all Terraminer into one controller board, and kinda like combining 10 Cointerra machines into one single interface!!!

Yes, though this reduces redundancy/resiliency. If your control computer stops working, all your Cointerra machines will be starved for work. I wouldn't recommend it.
Activity: 76
This is starting to get interesting and fun !!! i was wondering, can i chain all Terraminer into one controller board, and kinda like combining 10 Cointerra machines into one single interface!!!

Pages:
Jump to: