Author

Topic: CoinTracking - Profit/Loss Portfolio and Tax Reporting for Digital Currencies - page 116. (Read 121759 times)

Activity: 760
Merit: 516
CoinTracking - Crypto Portfolio & Tax Management
Hi Oztwinpeaks,

thanks for your Feedback.

1) Did you use the BTC-E API Import or the manually Import function.
When you receive negative amounts of coins, the major reason is, that you had some deposits or withdrawals.
The Import function only tracks your trades. If you have transferd BTC for example to other wallets, the system doesn't count them.
You just have to enter this deposits and the number of coins should be fine again.

2) You can delete various things. Did you delete ALL your trades or maybe just a few?
Because if you delete all, there will remain no data in your account.

3) I have never heard about problems in the easy enter function.
How did you enter this coins?
This is not like the trade system. You can only enter one amount and one spending each coin.

I have just tested the poins 1-3, and everything worked well.
Please try it again or give me a little more Information.

Thanks a lot :-)
Best wishes
Dario
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
I just wanted to give some feedback.
I created an account and I imported transactions from BTC-E but there were various errors in that it made some orders appear as negatives (I checked and deleted what I thought were the offending entries but this gave me a bad summary)- so I decided to delete all the info and to just use easy enter to keep things simple. I did this, and the easy enter coins appeared correctly, but the deleted info just kept reappearing over and over- I cleared caches, logged off etc but nothing seemed to permanently remove the data.
I decided to create a second account and only do easy enter to keep it simple- so I did that but only half my entered coins appear in the summary (despite them all being entered and appearing in the easy enter section), and I also get some crazy random large negatives in spending for some reason?
Anyway- it looks like a great site/app, but way too many errors in my sort experience for my liking!
Hi Alex,

you can still use all import functions, even if you are over the limit.
You will not see the charts and other functions, but you still see all trades in a table on the Enter Coins page.
Also there will come a new tax feature in the next weeks, that can be tested with a demo account.

Best wishes, Dario
Activity: 114
Merit: 10
Hi Dario

Is there any options for having a trial for a couple of days. I am interested in the software but only really from the API or csv import feature functions, and if it makes UK taxes easier to do. I do not trade very often but when I do I rack up a lot of small trades so I am currently over 200 trades, thus there is no way I am entering them by hand to test out the software.  I see a lot of development going on, but I could never part with £50 for a year having not tried the service.

Thanks Alex
The price is in BTC and fix. He does not automatically change depending on the exchange rate.
But if the exchange rate will rise or fall sharply, however, we will adjust the BTC prices accordingly.
Best wishes, Dario
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
The BTC price if off on the site... way off...   how often is this updated?
MY-BTC Mobile & App
Now all user can use the mobile site and the free app:

Mobile: http://my-btc.info/m/
Android app: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.MYBTCv1

In version 1, the following functions are supported:
- Summary overview of all your coins
- Profit / loss display
- Easy Enter
- Overview
- Balance
- Total View
- Switch between multiple accounts

Other functions such as entering trades and support for Apple will follow.
Both the app and the mobile site are optimized to load as quickly as possible.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas!
Activity: 53
Depends on the donation.
All donors get at least 50% discount. Even for a donation of just 0.001 BTC
User with higher donations were automatically upgraded to Pro and don't have to pay. Like you for example :-)

Thanks for the note with SSL. I will fix it. Please use https://my-btc.info in the meantime.
Best wishes
Dario

Ah nice one thanks... wasn't sure what way that was going to work Smiley  Keep up the good work, except I'm avoiding your website today as its all Red and depressing lol Sad
Depends on the donation.
All donors get at least 50% discount. Even for a donation of just 0.001 BTC
User with higher donations were automatically upgraded to Pro and don't have to pay. Like you for example :-)

Thanks for the note with SSL. I will fix it. Please use https://my-btc.info in the meantime.
Best wishes
Dario
I saw this too with Pro etc, what happens with people that made a donation would they be expected to pay now?

On a side note did you know that if someone uses https://www.my-btc.info they will get an SSL error as the only SANs are d.my-btc.info and my-btc.info?
Some functions still free like the Easy Enter function where you can just enter the number of all existing currencies and display it in the charts.
The Pro version is only for trade tracking like the automatically import functions.
And here you still got 10 trades free (will be increased in the next days to 30).
When you got more than this 30 trades you can still enter more trades, but the charts are only displayed in the Pro version.

By the way. New features released in the last week:
- MY-BTC is running in EUR & USD and from now on also in: GBP, AUD, CAD, CHF, CNY, JPY, PLN and RUB.
- SSL certificate
- Coinbase import function
- Switch the values of your coins between your currency and BTC in the Summary Box
- New feature called "Easy Enter" which supports all 88 existing currencies and adopts new currencies automatically

- Mobile and the APP will follow this week

Best wishes,
Dario

Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
Activity: 134
Bitleu Team
From now on MY-BTC can be used encrypted via HTTPS with our new SSL certificate.
(If you are using Firefox, make sure you you are using the latest version. In some old versions, it may cause errors)

And... INCLUDING OF ALL CRYPTOCOINS!
Tomorrow we release our new feature for tracking of all currencies.
All??? Yes! That's right! All currently existing 68 currencies.
And the best. All new currencies are automatically inserted and tracked.

And... as promised, now the time zone can be changed in the settings

And... now you can switch the values of your coins between your currency and BTC in the Summary Box

And... the Mobile Site and APP is almost done

And... I'm going to bed now ;-)
Hi,
a mobile version is almost done, but it is still a centralized site where the information are stored at the server and not at the client.

You can use MY-BTC without any privat information.
You don't even need an email address.
So all information are stored anonymous.

All passwords are salten and hashed, so it's absolutely sure.

Maybe there will come a stand-alone desktop solution next year, but currenty it's not in scope.

Best wishes
Dario
Activity: 157

In the interest of security, can you release a "desktop" and "mobile" version of this? Otherwise a centralized portfolio site is susceptible to thieves and hackers trying to identify who has a lot of coin and they can use that information to attack those individuals. It also further de-anonymizes transactions. A stand alone version would solve a lot of these security and privacy concerns.
Ahh makes sense now Smiley thanks Dario.
Still loving the service!  But not sure how this could be done but some way of having trades associated to the API job use the local exchange rate (of the API) and then have.

Eg

MtGox API - Buy 1 btc @ 250USD
BTCe API - Buy 1 btc @ 220USD

Then prices go up 10% the Profit/Loss would show $50 with MtGox and $44 with BTCe, when infact it should be $47 ($25+$22)

Hope this makes sense Smiley

Also +1 for an Android Balance App Cheesy

Keep up the good work Dario!!

Yes, that does make sense. However, I do not know any financial site, the works on this principle.
There is only one reference price. Whether for gold, stocks, commodities or Pork Bellies :-)
With Bitcoins, it is of course somewhat different.

I have set the reference rate to Mt.Gox in my account.
For that reason, that I always sell at GOX, since they have the best course.
So if I buy cheap BTC at BTC-E and transfer them to GOX, I have already made ​​profit automatically, because the price is usually better at GOX.

If you want to evaluate your purchases of BTC-E and GOX individually, you need two accounts.
In one account you trackst then your BTC-E trades, and in the other the GOX trades.
Under Settings you can connect both accounts by the way, but still choose a different course in each account.

Hope this helps Smiley

PS: An Android APP will come in December!
Still loving the service!  But not sure how this could be done but some way of having trades associated to the API job use the local exchange rate (of the API) and then have.

Eg

MtGox API - Buy 1 btc @ 250USD
BTCe API - Buy 1 btc @ 220USD

Then prices go up 10% the Profit/Loss would show $50 with MtGox and $44 with BTCe, when infact it should be $47 ($25+$22)

Hope this makes sense Smiley

Also +1 for an Android Balance App Cheesy

Keep up the good work Dario!!
On request of a user, you can now comment your trades on the Enter Coins page and sort by commented trades.
Best wishes
Dario
Jump to: