Author

Topic: CoinTracking - Profit/Loss Portfolio and Tax Reporting for Digital Currencies - page 119. (Read 121677 times)

Activity: 354
Merit: 250
I'm wonder how secure this site is. If I import trades using API or something else is it possible that this site now has access to my private keys or exchange passwords? Nothing personal Dario I'm just paranoid and don't know enough about the technical side of API etc.  Thanks.
Activity: 760
Merit: 516
CoinTracking - Crypto Portfolio & Tax Management
Thanks Ralf, you're the best  Wink

PS: New feature for all users with multiple accounts.
Now you can see all data togehter in a Master-View
Click on TOTAL in the right top corner.

Also updated FAQs (currently only in German. English will follow tomorrow)
Bye
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Hello Dario,

your site is going better, better, better.....  Grin

@all who are using the site of Dario:
Get into the hall of fame, by clicking the 'Donate' button.

Support his work!

Greets

Ralf
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
KUPO!
this is awesome! im a bit of a geek when it comes to stats so absolutely love this type of thing Cheesy
What I can offer is to take the balance from BitFunder into MY-BTC.
The support of BitFunder has said that this API should be ready in about 2 weeks. Once that is the case, I'm going to build an import function.
However, this will only track your balance, not every single stock.

That would be an immense effort.
MY-BTC is for tracking your portfolio with your profit and loose. To track your individual stocks you have to go to the BitFunder website.
But perhaps there is someone who creates a page for individual stocks Smiley

PS: As of now, there is a forumlar to enter several manualy trades simultaneously. This saves a lot of time.
In addition, these manual trades can be assigned categories, and the trades can be grouped by these categories on the Enter Coins site http://my-btc.info/transfer.php
Thanks to joesmoe for the idea.

Also yesterday BTC-E has changed its trade history. I have adjusted the import function last night.
Thanks to Huawei for the hint.
Activity: 375

Each individually stock, I will unfortunately not be able to record.
At least not without hiring 1-2 people and then I could no longer let MY-BTC for free of charge.
And since I do not want this, I can only offer the solution described above.
I hope you understand this Smiley

Best wishes
Dario

any chances of making a Free My-BTC for just cryptocoins and a Premium My-BTC that would include stocks and bonds?
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
Two new features:

A new export function to export all trades in various templates, such as for tax declaration.
If you have wishes for more templates, please let me know.

And:
15 more alt-coins have just been integrated and can be entered either manually or via any importer.
Currently they are only displayed on the Money Overview page, tomorrow I build them in all the other pages.

Best wishes
Dario
Great News:

In addition to the 13 currencies, as of today, 15 more Alt-Coin are tracked.
including: AMC, BTB, DGC, ELC, FRK, FST, HYC, LKY, MEC, MEM, MNC, NBL, PWC, PXC and WDC.

The mounting into the tools will follow in the next days.
Best wishes
Dario
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
Activity: 224
Exactly what you see on many sites, for example here in the third graph:
http://my-btc.info/stats.php Your number of coins (not the value)

Yup, saw it there.  But since it's still not formatted the way I'm used to seeing it ('.' is decimal, ',' is for thousands), most times I don't notice it.  Smiley

Yes, that would be possible.
An alternative would be if you create more than one account, for example one for GOX, one for BTC-E, etc., and you join them together under settings.
So you can jump with one click to another account and have all trades of a market together.

Well, I'm not doing any trading any more.  Gave up for now since all I ever did was lose money.  Sad

But, if CampBX support is ever added, I'll consider it again.  I refuse to touch MtGox any more (too many legal issues for them right now, and no easy way to get USD out of there any more), and BTC-e wants too much when I go to withdraw BTC from it (only place I see where they charge to withdraw BTC anyway).

For now something that will track my BTC and let me see $ amounts when I want to is good enough for me.

You mean the "My account overview" box, right?
Yes, this is intentional. I want to keep the view compact.
On all other pages, all coins are displayed with 8 decimal places and of course the system always calculates with all digits Smiley
I just tried it. If I install in the box all decimal places, it looks too much and very confusing.
The box is only for the overview as the name says and 20.00 BTC looks better than 20.00000000 BTC Smiley

But I'd rather have the option to show it the way I'd like to see it.  Right now I only have about 0.3 bitcoin, so being limited to only 2 decimal places is too limiting.

Even so, if I had 20000 bitcoins, I'd still rather have the option to show more decimal places.

As it is, I may not use this much until the localization options are better.  Too much work to think through what matches with what, since nothing is formatted the way I am used to it except in some very limited locations.
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011
Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive
Ahh, I did not realize that, that much work would have to go into it.  I thought it would be easy enough to put all of the assets onto your website, then let us put in how many shares we have, then simply update the price for each one, but without an API (I didnt realize they didnt have one) I dont see how this could be done easily.  Thanks for the quick reply and I may look into using this site when such a feature is added, but since I dont day trade very often with my coins anymore, I am not sure this site would be helpful currently.
Any chance that stocks could be added so that I can have a complete portfolio?  I have stocks on Havelock and Bitfunder and it would be nice to have a central place where all that information is displayed along with profit and loss
It's funny, because I have already today in the German forum a post for exactly the same topic.
Here is my translation:

Phew ... BitFunder currently offers 36 different stocks, whitch all should be tracked. And since I think the investment business will increase in the coming months, there will always be more.
Then we have the thing, that there is more than only one investement page. So I would need to take this stocks into MY-BTC too.

So this wouldn't be a "spare time project" any more. It would have to be constantly maintained and extended, and I can't do this alone.

I would have to find a solution to automate all this.
So a kind of import function that checks your BTC and EUR/USD inventory of BitFunder and puts the balance in MY-BTC (like the new GOX API Importer).
Then it does not matter whether BitFunder offers 36 stocks or 3600, because only your balance is checked.
So MY-BTC would only show your BitFunder balance. To see the details to your shares, you would have to login into your BitFunder account.

I currently see on the BitFunder page under API Access "coming soon".
Once they have the API, I'll be looking at the possibilities, and install an automatic import.

Havelock is new for me. I will check it on the weekend.

Each individually stock, I will unfortunately not be able to record.
At least not without hiring 1-2 people and then I could no longer let MY-BTC for free of charge.
And since I do not want this, I can only offer the solution described above.
I hope you understand this Smiley

Best wishes
Dario
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011
Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive
Any chance that stocks could be added so that I can have a complete portfolio?  I have stocks on Havelock and Bitfunder and it would be nice to have a central place where all that information is displayed along with profit and loss
Here's something I'd like to see, as I think most people heavy into Bitcoins would also think this way.
I tend to not worry about the value in fiat until I want to cash out some of my coins.  So I prefer to see how many coins I have rather than the value of them in fiat.
Exactly what you see on many sites, for example here in the third graph:
http://my-btc.info/stats.php Your number of coins (not the value)

I noticed that it's kind of hard to see how many coins there are on most of the pages.  Maybe an option for that on the graphs or somewhere that it will just show the total in coins?
Yes, that would be possible.
An alternative would be if you create more than one account, for example one for GOX, one for BTC-E, etc., and you join them together under settings.
So you can jump with one click to another account and have all trades of a market together.

I've seen a large list from coinchoose.com (they have API)
I list a lot of coins on my site www.WhereToMine.com too - but, I don't have an api set up yet
The coinchoose.com page looks pretty confusing Smiley
I think I'll stay with www.cryptsy.com, it's very nice to read the info out there.

Something else I just noticed.  Where it does show the coins amount, it's only going to 2 decimal places.  That really needs to allow for more.
You mean the "My account overview" box, right?
Yes, this is intentional. I want to keep the view compact.
On all other pages, all coins are displayed with 8 decimal places and of course the system always calculates with all digits Smiley
I just tried it. If I install in the box all decimal places, it looks too much and very confusing.
The box is only for the overview as the name says and 20.00 BTC looks better than 20.00000000 BTC Smiley
Something else I just noticed.  Where it does show the coins amount, it's only going to 2 decimal places.  That really needs to allow for more.
Activity: 448
Merit: 130
3D-Printing goes Blockchain!
I've seen a large list from coinchoose.com (they have API)
I list a lot of coins on my site www.WhereToMine.com too - but, I don't have an api set up yet
Here's something I'd like to see, as I think most people heavy into Bitcoins would also think this way.

I tend to not worry about the value in fiat until I want to cash out some of my coins.  So I prefer to see how many coins I have rather than the value of them in fiat.

I noticed that it's kind of hard to see how many coins there are on most of the pages.  Maybe an option for that on the graphs or somewhere that it will just show the total in coins?
I've found www.cryptsy.com to be helpful for alt-coins. They have most, if not all of them. I don't know about an export feature but it does have an API
Thank you, this site and the API is great! I hope the site will exists for a long time.
They have currently 27 alt-coins, 13 of them I already have, the other 14 I will add to MY-BTC.INFO in the next days Smiley
Activity: 354
I've found www.cryptsy.com to be helpful for alt-coins. They have most, if not all of them. I don't know about an export feature but it does have an API
Jump to: