Pages:
Author

Topic: ColdLar — Professional Digital Assets Security and Storage Solution - page 2. (Read 1045 times)

Activity: 47
Merit: 1
Science, science
An interesting idea, I am interested in how the passwords that are on this phone work + I wonder how the phone encrypts the keys? Thank you
Activity: 994
Merit: 593
aka JAGEND.

Yes, ColdLar Wallet has many unique features including:

1. It has two components: hardware device + mobile app

2. Multi-signature functionality

3. Does not connect to anything other than its charger.

4. Storage device only communicates via QR Code and NFC.

5. Supports various languages including English,  Chinese, Japanese, Korean etc.

6. Seed password generation

7. Fully supports all major cryptocurrencies, ERC20 tokens and EOS.

Ahh.. it's look great.
I wish i can review one of those wallets. Already try looking via amazon but idk if it's out of stock or something kind like that.

copper member
Activity: 74
Merit: 0
Is the OS/software open-source?  Or the code available anywhere for review?

Both Trezor and Ledger allow their code to be reviewed openly....
Not yet, but there are currently existing plans to go open source soon.
copper member
Well, i should stop praising anything. Just as i transfered 0.6 btc, the app bugged and locked me out. Can t access my funds anymore. The app keeps closing itself. Great!

Hi there,

We appreciate your feedback on the product. The BTC sent to your ColdLar wallet is not lost. What you experienced is most likely a compatibility problem. Can you tell me what your device operating system is? Android or iOS?

Please go to Function from the menu on your P3, select Download ColdLar app and scan the QR code.

If you are making use of an iOS system, here's the link to download from App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/coldlar/id1237620767?mt=8

Note: Android 5.0 is the minimum version of android that is compatible with the ColdLar app. This means that from 5.0 upwards is OK

Samsung j5 2017, android 7.0. Tried uninstalling the app, same thing happens. App buggges out and doesn t even start. I ll try later this day on my partner s iphone. I know the btc isn t lost, but it is a frustrating experience
Hello Sylk, I have forwarded your concerns to the technical department. We understand how you feel, we’re very sorry. We’re going to take care of this for you asap.
Activity: 17
Well, i should stop praising anything. Just as i transfered 0.6 btc, the app bugged and locked me out. Can t access my funds anymore. The app keeps closing itself. Great!

Hi there,

We appreciate your feedback on the product. The BTC sent to your ColdLar wallet is not lost. What you experienced is most likely a compatibility problem. Can you tell me what your device operating system is? Android or iOS?

Please go to Function from the menu on your P3, select Download ColdLar app and scan the QR code.

If you are making use of an iOS system, here's the link to download from App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/coldlar/id1237620767?mt=8

Note: Android 5.0 is the minimum version of android that is compatible with the ColdLar app. This means that from 5.0 upwards is OK

Samsung j5 2017, android 7.0. Tried uninstalling the app, same thing happens. App buggges out and doesn t even start. I ll try later this day on my partner s iphone. I know the btc isn t lost, but it is a frustrating experience
copper member

Hi there,

copper member
Hi,
Do you have a comparison in terms of superiority over other wallets? (apple to apple, eg : safety, ease to use, maintenance, etc)
Thank you.

Yes, ColdLar Wallet has many unique features including:

1. It has two components: hardware device + mobile app

2. Multi-signature functionality

3. Does not connect to anything other than its charger.

4. Storage device only communicates via QR Code and NFC.

5. Supports various languages including English,  Chinese, Japanese, Korean etc.

6. Seed password generation

7. Fully supports all major cryptocurrencies, ERC20 tokens and EOS.
Wallet arrived! My only complain is that i had to pay over 45 dollars in customs tax. Oh well..
The device is really gorgeous, heavier and more premium looking than my samsung phone. Too bad it came already a bit scratched at the bottom, near charging port. But it doesn t matter, i don t plan on letting anyone see it anyway.
Setup was quick and smooth, and everything is very user friendly.
As i predicted, my ledger nano will be on sale, there is no competition, really. It bugs me that a french company who is in this space for such long time still can t make a user friendly interface, and a chinese relatively new company could! Well, it is what it is, kudos to them!

I am really impressed about this wallet, not because it was more or less free, but because it is really usable and user friendly. And the fact that it will never ever connect to internet or any network is a huge thing, security-wise.

I only hope that the battery won t die in the following years, because i plan to keep it as long as i could. I can t comment on the price since i didn t buy it, but i would buy a cheaper and less premium version of this, but with the same features. Maybe a plastic version, no camera, nfc only and a cheap smaller screen? It s just an idea.
Thank you Coldlar, your product surprised me in a good way!
Activity: 994
Merit: 593
aka JAGEND.
Hi,
Do you have a comparison in terms of superiority over other wallets? (apple to apple, eg : safety, ease to use, maintenance, etc)
Thank you.
copper member
Check out Bitcoin Exchange Guide's review of ColdLar Wallet Pro 3

Since its inception, ColdLar has been focusing on blockchain’s safety management. Further, the platform also actively embraces the developments in the blockchain market and works to constantly grow according to new requirements and targets based on user needs.

Read full post here: https://bitcoinexchangeguide.com/coldlar-wallet-pro-3/
copper member
Hello everybody 🙂

Coinspeaker has just published this insightful review of the new ColdLar Wallet Pro 3. Definitely worth reading.

https://www.coinspeaker.com/2018/09/20/supporting-with-five-highlights-the-new-generation-of-coldlar-wallet-pro-3-shocked-release/
copper member
Good to see the more companies are joining the field. Even though I do believe that the price is quite high.
But overpricing isn't a bad thing after all, so I will wish you the best of luck after all Smiley
ColdLar wallet may be a high-end device but nothing feels better than the peace of mind and security it gives. There's no doubt that competitive advantages will help it remain in favor.
Activity: 46
Merit: 1
Good to see the more companies are joining the field. Even though I do believe that the price is quite high.
But overpricing isn't a bad thing after all, so I will wish you the best of luck after all Smiley
copper member
Hello everyone

ColdLar Wallet Pro 3 Flash Sale Update

Find out what's next...

Read more: https://medium.com/@ColdLar/update-on-the-coldlar-wallet-pro-3-flash-sale-404964fddf2a
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
What a "surprise", my order at 1$ from 2 days ago instead of changing it s status to shipped, disappeared completely from my orders.
I m waiting 2 more days before calling this whole thing the s word and filling a complain to amazon. Great way to adverise the launch of a new product, very professional

Yep... I see they are out of stock in Amazon.
Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.

Try to contact them on website, I am sure they will respond you.
https://www.coldlar.com/
[email protected]
What a "surprise", my order at 1$ from 2 days ago instead of changing it s status to shipped, disappeared completely from my orders.
I m waiting 2 more days before calling this whole thing the s word and filling a complain to amazon. Great way to adverise the launch of a new product, very professional
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
I hope to receive my ColdLar hardware wallet soon,
to do extensive testing, and I will try to post review link here also.

Main advantage is that there is no connection to outside devices whatsoever,
no internet and nothing except camera.
That is a big difference compared to smart phones.

copper member
I'm still not convnced in Coldlar's security especially after John McAfee's "unhackable" Bitfi wallet was hacked by a 15 year old lol.

Bitfi may only have been a repurposed Android smart phone with a cold storage wallet installed.
Check out this YouTube video from BTC Sessions showing how "Coldlar Wallet" works
https://youtu.be/U6LdZjsjuJE
copper member
ColdLar, guardian for blockchain digital assets, today announced that its latest cold wallet, the ColdLar Wallet Pro 3, will go on flash sale exclusively on Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GD9BTBJ) from September 20 to 26 at 00:00 PDT. The hardware wallet will be available at the price point starting at US$ 1 for the first three buyers who complete payment successfully. The next ten buyers will only get a discount of 50%.

$1?? Seriously?! So that's around 99% off? That's pretty cheap.

What happen for the next buyers after the 50% are sold off? No discount then?
Yes, only 13 pieces of the wallet can be purchased with discounts. First 3 will be sold at $1 while the other 10 at $310 (50% discount).
Pages:
Jump to: