Pages:
Author

Topic: Colorado school Shooting! (case sealed) - page 5. (Read 891 times)

legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 8114
It's truly a shame, and it's also a shame that so many Americans are so dead set on not doing anything about it. I don't think educators should have to get firearms training and have to carry a gun in order to do their job, however that's certainly the direction things are headed.

Its only my point of view as a outsider "If someone really need a gun just to feel safe then he-she living in the wrong place"  that's how I look at the gun owners especially civilians in cities.
Why is it you get to decide where others should be living though? Where do you live? Does your nation even have anywhere near 350+ million people in it? Independence and self defense are very core American tenets.

If memory serves, he's from India, which has a population of over 1.3 billion yet far fewer gun deaths a year than America. It would appear mass murder is also an American tenet.
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 2008
First Exclusion Ever
Its only my point of view as a outsider "If someone really need a gun just to feel safe then he-she living in the wrong place"  that's how I look at the gun owners especially civilians in cities.
Why is it you get to decide where others should be living though? Where do you live? Does your nation even have anywhere near 350+ million people in it? Independence and self defense are very core American tenets.

1) Nothing will ever change in the US until they get special interest money out of politics (like the rest of the developed world has done).
2) The common response from Muricans (especially in this nut house lol) is going to be MOAR GUNS, if those poor kids at school were armed
    with their own military hardware they could protect themselves against the crazies....

The US can't even pass legislation to close a well known "gun show" loop hole, something roughly 90% of Americans want.

So you think this is happening because lobbyists are just so good at convincing kids to shoot up schools? What they think school shootings sell guns? I am missing your logic here. Also regarding "get special interest money out of politics (like the rest of the developed world has done)." I only have one thing to say... BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH. What a myopic twat.

Hey buddy... when there is a violent person, how is the issue resolved? Usually the plan is to call the police, you know the guys with guns... Now hear me out, I know this is an insane idea for a British subject in the land of Canukistan to grasp, but what if schools had teachers who were willing to get professional training in order to be safely armed in schools so that the good guys with guns are already there instead of having to wait 5-30 minutes for police to respond and then decide if they maybe or maybe not want to actually intervene. In the case of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, the courts ruled the police didn't even have an obligation to respond since they sat outside and let the shootings continue. You are right though, we should continue letting unaccountable 3rd parties be responsible for our safety and the safety of our children. Regarding the "gun show loophole", it doesn't exist. Stop getting your information about our laws from sound bytes.
Activity: 980
Merit: 114
I see this as another effect of gun control in the US, a juvenile carrying gun already and shooting other students the government really need to do something about the guns in the hands of the people without license. Thanks God they were arrested by the police already, the US need to take steps to curtail all this just like other developed countries.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756
Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!
1) Nothing will ever change in the US until they get special interest money out of politics (like the rest of the developed world has done).
2) The common response from Muricans (especially in this nut house lol) is going to be MOAR GUNS, if those poor kids at school were armed
    with their own military hardware they could protect themselves against the crazies....

The US can't even pass legislation to close a well known "gun show" loop hole, something roughly 90% of Americans want.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1540
Reserve for updates and good arguments from other users.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1540
Not a good start of morning.

Another Gun violence in USA, target was school once again. according to news 7 8 students were injured and 1 student died in the shooting. 2 suspects already in police custody after shootout and news coming out that one shooter is an adult and other is juvenile, both are student at the same school.

I am aware of that "Gun" issue is very sensitive topic in America. but I as an outsider failed to understand that how come guns are so easily available for civilians and kids. there is something really wrong here and one can not say every time that shooter was a nut job or mentally disturb.

Its only my point of view as a outsider "If someone really need a gun just to feel safe then he-she living in the wrong place"  that's how I look at the gun owners especially civilians in cities.

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-news/colorado-school-shooting-live-updates-several-injured-highlands-ranch-today-live-updates-2019-05-07/

Police identify one suspect

At least one suspect in Tuesday's shooting has been identified as Devon Erickson, 18, the Douglas County Sheriff's Office said. Police said they would not be releasing any photos as they were still conducting interviews.

Police said earlier neither suspect was injured.

The student who died was identified as Kendrick Castillo, 18, a graduating senior. Sheriffs officials said he helped stop one of the shooters.

STEM School will be closed the rest of the week

The STEM School will be closed the remainder of the week, the Douglas County school superintendent said early Wednesday. The rest of Douglas County schools will remain open.

Edit 1

Students walk out of Colorado school shooting vigil, saying their trauma was being politicized
HIGHLANDS RANCH, Colo.-Gun rights advocates posted support on social media Thursday for Students who walked out of a gun-control rally in anger and tears
over concerns the event inappropriately politicized their grief.

Teen suspects in Colorado school shooting formally charged; case sealed
CASTLE ROCK, Colo. (Reuters) - Two teenagers accused of fatally shooting a classmate and wounding eight others at a Denver-area high school last week were charged with murder and attempted murder on Wednesday.

Devon Erickson, 18, and Alec McKinney, 16, are accused of opening fire on fellow students in two classrooms at the Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) charter school in Highlands Ranch, Colorado, on May 7. McKinney, who identifies as male, was listed on the court docket as Maya Elizabeth McKinney.

Douglas County District Judge Theresa Slade has put the charges along with the entire case file under seal, banning the public from seeing it. Both teenagers were each facing a range of charges including first-degree murder, attempted first-degree murder, arson and theft.
Pages:
Jump to: