Pages:
Author

Topic: COLOSED [GROUP BUY6] Happy New Year Giveaway Bitmain Antminer S1 180GH 3 BTC - page 26. (Read 36366 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
yung lean
or maybe it has something to do with the fact that, assuming a 30% difficulty increase every 10 days, this miner costing 3btc will only generated about 2 btc before it is no longer profitable Tongue

Let me just explain how i came to that conclusion:

the difficulty is currently 1.18 billion

so assuming a 30% difficulty jump every 10 days the difficulty will be 1.535 billion on the 4th when the machine ships

jan. 4th-14th difficulty = 1.535 billion = .6 btc mined (.06 btc per day x 10 days)
jan 15th-25th difficulty = 1.995 billion = .4 btc mined (.04 btc per day x 10 days)
jan 26th-feb 4th difficulty = 2.594 billion = .26 btc mined (.026btc per day x 10 days)
feb 5th-15th difficulty = 3.372 billion = .17 btc mined ( .017 btc per day x 10 days)
feb 16th-26th difficulty = 4.384 billion =.11 btc mined (.011btc per day x 10 days)
feb 27th- march 7th difficulty =5.7 billion =.07 btc mined (.007 btc per day x 10 days)
at which point the miner would start costing more in electricity then its producing if the price stays what it is now.

to sum up:
miner cost 3btc
miner produces 1.6 btc in its lifetime

sorry sushi. went from wildly successful to no longer viable in a week. time to move on to the next thing Tongue
Activity: 252
Need the price to come down some Sushi.  2.75 for returning customers???

Assuming another batch of 300 it could make 2.95 just by removing the freebies for the lucky 25th, 100th, etc
yung lean
or maybe it has something to do with the fact that, assuming a 30% difficulty increase every 10 days, this miner costing 3btc will only generated about 2 btc before it is no longer profitable Tongue

Let me just explain how i came to that conclusion:

the difficulty is currently 1.18 billion

so assuming a 30% difficulty jump every 10 days the difficulty will be 1.535 billion on the 4th when the machine ships

jan. 4th-14th difficulty = 1.535 billion = .6 btc mined (.06 btc per day x 10 days)
jan 15th-25th difficulty = 1.995 billion = .4 btc mined (.04 btc per day x 10 days)
jan 26th-feb 4th difficulty = 2.594 billion = .26 btc mined (.026btc per day x 10 days)
feb 5th-15th difficulty = 3.372 billion = .17 btc mined ( .017 btc per day x 10 days)
feb 16th-26th difficulty = 4.384 billion =.11 btc mined (.011btc per day x 10 days)
feb 27th- march 7th difficulty =5.7 billion =.07 btc mined (.007 btc per day x 10 days)
at which point the miner would start costing more in electricity then its producing if the price stays what it is now.

to sum up:
miner cost 3btc
miner produces 1.6 btc in its lifetime
legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004
Need the price to come down some Sushi.  2.75 for returning customers???
staff
Activity: 4242
Merit: 8672
maybe its because the raffle gives away for every 25th or 100th person, no one wants to be first Tongue with a 0% chance of winning Tongue
I'd assumed that on the Nth person he'd randomly pick one of the first N. ...

Estimated hashrate over the past 576 blocks is 10.09PH/s— we're about to make another fairly big difficulty step, recent growth hasn't been below 2%/day. If these ship 2 days later than the last group buy they'll have only just kept pace with difficulty (3.15 * 0.98^2 = 3.02). ... The antminers are really nicely done hardware (esp with the new firmware), and I think Sushi's buy handling has been pretty great. But my figuring under mildly pessimal assumptions is that these devices will only earn a bit over 2.05 BTC now. I'd buy something that only just broke even under mildly pessimal assumptions and hope for an upside on things not being quite that pessimal... but I've thrown my fill into miners that will never make their coin back. Sad  (If only I had a time machine: At least I could have instead lost coin to a hardware maker that actually ships Tongue which would be greatly preferable). People who assume they'll be able to resell the gear later may reach a better conclusion though.
yung lean
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Ive PM'd - Genuinely interested however it is my first buy so go easy on me  Grin
yung lean
maybe its because the raffle gives away for every 25th or 100th person, no one wants to be first Tongue with a 0% chance of winning Tongue
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
suhi please check pm please...
Activity: 138
Merit: 100
wow must be some kind of record for a sushi group buy!
yung lean
5 hours later and 0 sold huh?  Tongue
Activity: 630
Merit: 501
Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.
Good news Sushi and very good work with this site for orders!

BTW. Mayby You know if Bitminer preparing to show something stronger than  Antminer S1 in next few weeks?

Something good could be on the horizon yes  Wink
staff
Activity: 4242
Merit: 8672
I still think it's time for another auction.  Tongue
Activity: 388
Question: Do these new units have a PCI connector built in? No more stripping wires?
Activity: 93
Merit: 94
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1032
Beyond the flavor!
Sushi what is your skype? it cant find this name: sushi-review. Can you pm your skype i would like to ask some things about buying an antminer an hosting.

Try with "sushi review"  Wink
Activity: 93
Merit: 94
Sushi what is your skype? it cant find this name: sushi-review. Can you pm your skype i would like to ask some things about buying an antminer an hosting.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
ASIC Myth Buster
I hope that, too...  I don't have that info.  But when I get to sneak peak their new toys, I will definitely let everyone know!

BTW. Mayby You know if Bitminer preparing to show something stronger than  Antminer S1 in next few weeks?
Activity: 81
Merit: 10

Hope that!
Activity: 126
Merit: 10

Pages:
Jump to: