Pages:
Author

Topic: *** Complete Guide on How to Create a New Alt Coin – Update 2018 *** - page 2. (Read 20862 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 250
Founder Nur1Labs
Not sure to understand your English.
But apparently latest Bitcoin 0.17 cannot solo mine, and is incompatible with all cpuminer flavors, because the RPC commands have been removed.
That's not nice for the Altcoins

they already hardcode it. that why many not know . there something about new bitcoin that bip you need know that what must do. on mean time prefer used rebase code~

Here sample of transaction receive by mining. did you look off the debug.log?

im not used that on screen shoot new bitcoin. im prefer used rebase code. since hard code is hard... Grin
Activity: 615
Merit: 154
CEO of Metaisland.gg and W.O.K Corp
Not sure to understand your English.
But apparently latest Bitcoin 0.17 cannot solo mine, and is incompatible with all cpuminer flavors, because the RPC commands have been removed.
That's not nice for the Altcoins

they already hardcode it. that why many not know . there something about new bitcoin that bip you need know that what must do. on mean time prefer used rebase code~

Founder Nur1Labs

getwalletinfo give no key, wallet name is empty... I have created my own blockchain so there is no transaction...
I have seen many people having the same problem and no solution.
generate or generatetoaddress is not doing anything.

However if I do getnewaddress I get a new address, but this address is not saved,  or not visible in the getwalletinfo

Code:

00:05:48

getwalletinfo

00:05:48

{
  "walletname": "",
  "walletversion": 169900,
  "balance": 0.00000000,
  "unconfirmed_balance": 0.00000000,
  "immature_balance": 0.00000000,
  "txcount": 0,
  "keypoololdest": 1541959024,
  "keypoolsize": 1000,
  "keypoolsize_hd_internal": 1000,
  "paytxfee": 0.00000000,
  "hdseedid": "33122e4958e02b7e0205a34476a13c1f45edd135",
  "hdmasterkeyid": "33122e4958e02b7e0205a34476a13c1f45edd135",
  "private_keys_enabled": true
}

I have an issue with this parameter? --coinbase-addr XQg3PmNxX9oEbxsymqtQHir6dkPpVPTJ6P

How do you get an address if you never mined any block? My wallet is loading and never syncing, I have no address.

Do I miss something?

Note: I have done my own genesis using genesis.cpp as instructed.

on cli you need type : getwalletinfo there will info wallet active. but you know today is hard code. you need rebase code for easy~
Founder Nur1Labs
I have an issue with this parameter? --coinbase-addr XQg3PmNxX9oEbxsymqtQHir6dkPpVPTJ6P

How do you get an address if you never mined any block? My wallet is loading and never syncing, I have no address.

Do I miss something?

on cli you need type : getwalletinfo there will info wallet active. but you know today is hard code. you need rebase code for easy~

Do I miss something?

Founder Nur1Labs
If you create the blockchain with this method, how you retrieve the tx information in 0 block?

On 1 block you can get block info and then tx info over txid, but this fails on block 0, u cant retrieve txinformation cause the txid seems not correct.

Can anyone confirm? How to handle?

Code:
getblockhash 0
getblock hash
gettransaction txhash

ends in Invalid or non-wallet transaction id (code -5)

Mr Gew

hmmm not sure never got this atm all rpc fine
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
If you create the blockchain with this method, how you retrieve the tx information in 0 block?

On 1 block you can get block info and then tx info over txid, but this fails on block 0, u cant retrieve txinformation cause the txid seems not correct.

Can anyone confirm? How to handle?

Code:
getblockhash 0
getblock hash
gettransaction txhash

ends in Invalid or non-wallet transaction id (code -5)

Mr Gew
Founder Nur1Labs
masternodes need have 5 servers. and masternodes need generate unique key for this~

5 servers?
Where is setted this param? I think not...

generate unique key?
Maybe u mean "masternode genkey"? This is obvious. Already done.

And after googling a bit.. i think i'm setting wrong params in local.conf.. i'm working on this for now. i'll post the result....

so it's can do 3 servers?hmmmm if good i wanna see result. im not masternodes expert. im doing stake thing...that better  Cool
Activity: 19
masternodes need have 5 servers. and masternodes need generate unique key for this~

5 servers?
Where is setted this param? I think not...

generate unique key?
Maybe u mean "masternode genkey"? This is obvious. Already done.

And after googling a bit.. i think i'm setting wrong params in local.conf.. i'm working on this for now. i'll post the result....
Founder Nur1Labs
Activity: 19
Hello guys... my coin is working good... but i've some issue with Masternodes. They are also working good.. collateral is good recognized and rewards works as expected following my block value and reward % settings. Simply i can't start them via wallet (MN tab). I can only start my MNs via debug typing:

Code:
- startmasternode all 0
or
Code:
- startmasternode alias 0 MN1
- startmasternode alias 0 MN2
- startmasternode alias 0 MN3

but if i click on "Start MISSING", "Start All" or "Start Alias" in wallet MN tab it will give me this error:

Code:
Succefull start 0 masternodes, failed to start 3, total 3
Failed to start MN1. Error: Invalid IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx,
masternode=xxxxxxxxTxIDxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Failed to start MN2. Error: Invalid IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx,
Failed to start MN3. Error: Invalid IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx,

but MNs still works fine because i can start them via debug consolle with above commands that give me "Success" results and make my MNs "ENABLED"....
Ther's something i forgot to do?
Following the error in the code i found this in "masternode.cpp":

Code:
mnbRet = CMasternodeBroadcast(service, txin, pubKeyCollateralAddressNew, pubKeyMasternodeNew, PROTOCOL_VERSION);

if (!mnbRet.IsValidNetAddr()) {
        strErrorRet = strprintf("Invalid IP address %s, masternode=%s", mnbRet.addr.ToStringIP (), txin. prevout.hash.ToString());
        LogPrint("masternode","CMasternodeBroadcast::Create -- %s\n", strErrorRet);
        mnbRet = CMasternodeBroadcast();
        return false;
    }

I've also changed "PROTOCOL_VERSION" downgrading wallet verions under the "Enforce" threshold that is setted after block 1000... but it did not help.
Anyone can help me?
Founder Nur1Labs
Actually it is a very clear explanation about how to create the new altcoin. but, I myself still not yet try creating the coin because it must be very complex and must be considered smartly and carefully. but so far, it will be very helpful if we have any plan for creating it later.

i think genesis no problem. anything last guide is for ip to hex they used some engine on bitcoin can encrypt that prefent brute attack on protocol. this still solve on our side.
Activity: 574
Merit: 10
Gistcoin
Actually it is a very clear explanation about how to create the new altcoin. but, I myself still not yet try creating the coin because it must be very complex and must be considered smartly and carefully. but so far, it will be very helpful if we have any plan for creating it later.
Founder Nur1Labs
what is the diffrence between port and rpc port exactly?
port is for the main consensus protocol, i.e. passing around of headers, txs, etc. all the busywork needed to maintain consensus.

rpcport (Remote Procedure Call) is a means of issuing commands such as getinfo and sendto to a running client.

If I want to cross-connect two clients:
bitcoind -port=12000 -rpcport=12001 -datadir=/tmp/datadir1 -connect=127.0.0.1:13000

bitcoind -port=13000 -rpcport=13001 -datadir=/tmp/datadir2 -connect=127.0.0.1:12000

rpc calls to the first client need to go to 127.0.0.1:12001 and those to the second client need to go to 127.0.0.1:13001

AIUI, the miner uses the rpcport to issue getwork (or getemplate or whatever) commands and uses the port to submit its candidate blocks to the consensus protocol -- which is why it needs the values for both port and rpcport.

(Were the Bitcoin dev team not self-avowedly "primarily systems engineers", then port might have been more self-evidently labelled as "protocolport")

HTH

Cheers

Graham

is there any method to make ip is not call back by number[seed] and run on hex method. i try call this bitcoin seems close the method for .txt
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278
what is the diffrence between port and rpc port exactly?
port is for the main consensus protocol, i.e. passing around of headers, txs, etc. all the busywork needed to maintain consensus.

rpcport (Remote Procedure Call) is a means of issuing commands such as getinfo and sendto to a running client.

If I want to cross-connect two clients:
bitcoind -port=12000 -rpcport=12001 -datadir=/tmp/datadir1 -connect=127.0.0.1:13000

bitcoind -port=13000 -rpcport=13001 -datadir=/tmp/datadir2 -connect=127.0.0.1:12000

rpc calls to the first client need to go to 127.0.0.1:12001 and those to the second client need to go to 127.0.0.1:13001

AIUI, the miner uses the rpcport to issue getwork (or getemplate or whatever) commands and uses the port to submit its candidate blocks to the consensus protocol -- which is why it needs the values for both port and rpcport.

(Were the Bitcoin dev team not self-avowedly "primarily systems engineers", then port might have been more self-evidently labelled as "protocolport")

HTH

Cheers

Graham
Activity: 48
Merit: 17
Hello

I tried to do this post in order to finally change PoW threshold to create blocks faster. Unfortunately I encountered a problem, after those 13 steps  I came up to run bitcoind command and all I got was core dumped error. like this :

Code:
~$ bitcoind
bitcoind: chainparams.cpp:132: CMainParams::CMainParams(): Assertion `consensus.hashGenesisBlock == uint256S("0000000001e075d779592db22d19573375d05db23bdafd0a8b06c89fb2985d89")' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)

It seems it won't accept my genesis hash and with bitcoin-cli command it says "can not connect to server 127.0.0.1:6332. I can't even add the node with its command .Here is my bitcoin.conf :

rpcuser=admin
rpcpassword=admin
server=1
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=6332
listen=1
gen = 1

I tried so hard but couldn't find out what i'm missing. I followed all the steps precisely.  I will be beyond grateful if some body take some time and answer my question.

bitcoin is easy way after used this guide you need understand used some c++ skill to do.

I have some knowledge of c++ but right now I can not even test my fork. I don't know why I get this error. I didn't change address prefixes. It won't be a problem,will it ?

you need change consensus of bitcoin follow up old guide. you can see on my profile i visit old guide. then mix with this one. + you need change pcmessage that important thing on unique. and put pztime to make sense of change before doing alive. you need prepare of this. old guide + this one made complete part of puzzle. try experiment on testnet before launch and you will meet same as this and you need some trick to make it appear your genesis. by generate timestamp another two just default or put anything~

Thank You. I solved it. It was One line that I carelessly commented because it was not in the main guide.
Founder Nur1Labs
Hello

I tried to do this post in order to finally change PoW threshold to create blocks faster. Unfortunately I encountered a problem, after those 13 steps  I came up to run bitcoind command and all I got was core dumped error. like this :

Code:
~$ bitcoind
bitcoind: chainparams.cpp:132: CMainParams::CMainParams(): Assertion `consensus.hashGenesisBlock == uint256S("0000000001e075d779592db22d19573375d05db23bdafd0a8b06c89fb2985d89")' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)

It seems it won't accept my genesis hash and with bitcoin-cli command it says "can not connect to server 127.0.0.1:6332. I can't even add the node with its command .Here is my bitcoin.conf :

rpcuser=admin
rpcpassword=admin
server=1
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=6332
listen=1
gen = 1

I tried so hard but couldn't find out what i'm missing. I followed all the steps precisely.  I will be beyond grateful if some body take some time and answer my question.

bitcoin is easy way after used this guide you need understand used some c++ skill to do.

I have some knowledge of c++ but right now I can not even test my fork. I don't know why I get this error. I didn't change address prefixes. It won't be a problem,will it ?

you need change consensus of bitcoin follow up old guide. you can see on my profile i visit old guide. then mix with this one. + you need change pcmessage that important thing on unique. and put pztime to make sense of change before doing alive. you need prepare of this. old guide + this one made complete part of puzzle. try experiment on testnet before launch and you will meet same as this and you need some trick to make it appear your genesis. by generate timestamp another two just default or put anything~
Activity: 48
Merit: 17
Hello

Code:
~$ bitcoind
Aborted (core dumped)

rpcuser=admin
rpcpassword=admin
server=1
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=6332
listen=1
gen = 1

Founder Nur1Labs
Hello

I tried to do this post in order to finally change PoW threshold to create blocks faster. Unfortunately I encountered a problem, after those 13 steps  I came up to run bitcoind command and all I got was core dumped error. like this :

Code:
~$ bitcoind
Aborted (core dumped)

rpcuser=admin
rpcpassword=admin
server=1
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=6332
listen=1
gen = 1

I tried so hard but couldn't find out what i'm missing. I followed all the steps precisely.  I will be beyond grateful if some body take some time and answer my question.

Pages:
Jump to: