Pages:
Author

Topic: Confused Newbie - page 5. (Read 2891 times)

Activity: 660
Merit: 101
Colletrix - Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worl
January 09, 2015, 12:48:48 PM
It is impossible nowadays for a user without specialized hardware to "make" bitcoins. 5-6 years ago, when the system was getting started, you could run a program on your PC and you would be rewarded BTC for doing so. But it is a feature of the system that, as more people get involved, it becomes progressively more difficult to "make" (mine) BTC. Today it involves setting up farms of dedicated computers with specially designed, single-purpose chips. Unless you are an expert (in which case you would not be asking), doing so is far more expensive and complicated than just exchanging a bit of your national currency for BTC.

And this is as it should be: if anyone could print their own money, the money they printed would not be worth much.
staff
Activity: 2454
Merit: 1617
Crypto Swap Exchange
January 09, 2015, 12:44:33 PM
Your question is similiar to " How do I start making money?"
Bitcoin is a currency, it has a value, you can buy things with it. If you want to earn Bitcoin, work for it, or sell some goods for Bitcoin.

Otherwise, if you want to have them easily, buy it from an exchanger, like https://btc-e.com
Edit: You might wanna read some basic information about Bitcoin first https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Main_Page
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
January 09, 2015, 12:43:30 PM
How do I start making bitcoins with a wallet?
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
January 09, 2015, 12:40:20 PM
I'm newbie to bitcoins and I'm totally confused. One thing I don't understand is how do I start making bitcoins? Do I have to finance it? If so, how? Any other answers would be greatly appreciated! Huh

You could buy Bitcoin from local exchanger or earn free Bitcoins by completing tasks on websites and faucet.
Or maybe sell something ( stuff or service ) for Bitcoin.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
January 09, 2015, 12:33:05 PM
I'm newbie to bitcoins and I'm totally confused. One thing I don't understand is how do I start making bitcoins? Do I have to finance it? If so, how? Any other answers would be greatly appreciated! Huh
Pages:
Jump to: