Pages:
Author

Topic: Confused: Twitter Will Ban Ad But Its CEO Said One Single Currency Will Govern - page 2. (Read 205 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 260
Yes, nothing weird about that.   A lot of us believe in the future of btc, but there is no doubt that there is a LOT of junk out there in terms of ads that purport to be involved in btc, but really are just pigs wearing lipstick.
Activity: 68
Merit: 0
I agree with you one hundred percent.. If a project is good enough, it will organically gain legitimate publicity. With or without paid advertising.

It's not something weird if twitter ban ads but the CEO believes bitcoin. What is the problem?

If Twitter bans ads, the ICOs, lending websites, gambling website, etc. will be banned. because there are many scammers. And there is no problem with bitcoin.

Yes, you are right. So then the issue will be how those legit projects to promote?  

Legit projects can promote through forum/communities like here on bitcointalk and reddit's r/cryptocurrency[1]. If a project is good enough, it will organically gain legitimate publicity. With or without paid advertising.

[1] https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 3845
Paldo.io 🤖
It's not something weird if twitter ban ads but the CEO believes bitcoin. What is the problem?

If Twitter bans ads, the ICOs, lending websites, gambling website, etc. will be banned. because there are many scammers. And there is no problem with bitcoin.

Yes, you are right. So then the issue will be how those legit projects to promote?  

Legit projects can promote through forum/communities like here on bitcointalk and reddit's r/cryptocurrency[1]. If a project is good enough, it will organically gain legitimate publicity. With or without paid advertising.

[1] https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035
Have you considered the possibility that the rumor that Twitter is banning something may be just that, a rumor?

It may be a half-truth, and even if partly accurate it may not have any bearing on Bitcoin. Some have argued that a ban on ICO's would be a positive because it would keep crypto interest more focused on Bitcoin itself. I don't entirely buy that argument, but I wouldn't dismiss it either. The fact that the CEO sounds like a Bitcoin maximalist does fit with this notion that he's pro-bitcoin and anti-altcoin, though.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 759
How often do you see ads that are related directly to Bitcoin? Most ads sell investments and investment advice that have very little to do with Bitcoin itself. Heck, some advertise fake phishing wallets. I don't see the move as harmful to Bitcoin at all, other than people dumping because they're making a mountain out of a mole hill. This only hurts ICOs, both legitimate and illegitimate, along with swindlers and scammers.

I don't think Bitcoin needs any advertising, and the more it can distance itself from these scammy ICOs and services, the better.
Activity: 85

legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 5213

Activity: 85
I saw the https://t.me/oneminute_crypto_news that it follows the trends of twitter in cryptocurrency market. The attitude of twitter seems like they have not made their mind yet.

‘The world ultimately will have a single currency, the internet will have a single currency. I personally believe that it will be bitcoin’  Jack Dorsey, co-founder of Twitter spoke to the Times of London.

But we still remember the report said the twitter will ban the cryptocurrency ad.

Will this affect the ad services of coindesk or others?
Pages:
Jump to: