Pages:
Author

Topic: Considering new feature for Bitcoin Forum - page 2. (Read 268 times)

Activity: 1232
Merit: 475
September 20, 2023, 11:58:34 AM
When someone is requesting a new feature or something that's exist in the other forum,
I don't think that this feature already exists in the forum. We can add a wallet address in the forum profile's bio, but we cannot add a wallet address option in the posts, topics, or somewhere around the comment section area.
If you want to customize the theme, color, structure of this forum according to your own style, you can customize the theme using bpip extension and used it for yourselfers. We feel comfortable using the forum as it is
Really? Can we customize this forum on our end using BPIP? I mean I did not know about it. Can you please guide me or provide some tutorial links to do that? That would be so helpful.
I don't understand why people are trying to compare Bitcointalk to other social media platforms. According to what he mentioned, he suggest adding the lightning zapping feature to Bitcointalk. My question now is, why would anyone want this? How would it benefit anyone here? Bitcointalk is not like other social media platforms where you can use various emojis or styles.
I am taking the meaning of the lightning zapping feature wrong here or you are taking it wrong. Because according to me it is a feature in which we can send money to someone's wallet address using the lightning network. And this feature will be included in the specific places mentioned by the OP i.e. profiles, posts, topics, comments, etc. And I think if that feature were added then it would be of great help to the topic creator.

And if a person or topic, post, or comment creator can get some money on making some post, then why would a person not want that? I mean if I will be provided a chance to make some money on my content then why would I not want that.
Activity: 336
Merit: 365
The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translators - ENG>PID
September 20, 2023, 10:42:09 AM
  Many forums have been created inspired by this forum so it is foolish to think of developing this forum by following any other forum.

I don't understand why people are trying to compare Bitcointalk to other social media platforms. According to what he mentioned, he suggest adding the lightning zapping feature to Bitcointalk. My question now is, why would anyone want this? How would it benefit anyone here? Bitcointalk is not like other social media platforms where you can use various emojis or styles. I'm content with the current forum setup. If you want to customize your view, you can use scripts or extensions, as coinerer suggested.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 593
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
September 20, 2023, 10:09:08 AM
I was thinking that a new feature might be interesting for the forum. Is it possible to implement zapping (with lightning) on topics, comments and profiles' bio?
I met with this idea on stacker.news . I found it very useful. Let me know you thoughts.

Stacker.news was launched on 2021-03-19 and Bitcointalk.org forum was launched on 2009 So the admin of this forum knows very well how to manage a forum. Many forums have been created inspired by this forum so it is foolish to think of developing this forum by following any other forum. If you want to customize the theme, color, structure of this forum according to your own style, you can customize the theme using bpip extension and used it for yourselfers. We feel comfortable using the forum as it is.

By the way you post it on a wrong section please move it to Meta Board
Activity: 728
Merit: 612
September 20, 2023, 10:03:19 AM
When someone is requesting a new feature or something that's exist in the other forum, I feel like why you're not just stay and be active there?

There are many of old users in this forum and they're fine with the current feature.

I'm not really familiar with the site, but I read it's require Sats in order to reply, that's not friendly for the newbie or someone who willing to learn about Bitcoin that not want to spend any money.
Activity: 616
Merit: 368
September 20, 2023, 09:57:28 AM
@kacso In addition to what the above member has said, since you are a new member based on your activities, you might not know how to move it to meta. Just look at the bottom of your post, the left part, and you will see the move option, and then you can click on it, follow the procedure that will be shown to you, and then select meta and move it on there.
Activity: 700
Merit: 601
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
September 20, 2023, 09:50:02 AM
wrong section, kindly move your topic to Meta board
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
September 20, 2023, 09:48:12 AM
I was thinking that a new feature might be interesting for the forum. Is it possible to implement zapping (with lightning) on topics, comments and profiles' bio?
I met with this idea on stacker.news . I found it very useful. Let me know you thoughts.

Best regards,
Pages:
Jump to: