Pages:
Author

Topic: Core Bitcoin Development Help Wanted - page 3. (Read 9200 times)

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 2216
Chief Scientist
January 14, 2011, 08:29:57 PM
That's really all I feel comfortable with (well actually not, I was wondering whether I should update locale files...)

Improving help is definitely helping-- thanks!

And it would be fantastic to get somebody who knows, or is willing to learn, git to step up and volunteer to submit translation file patches.

I'll soon be asking for building and testing help, too (after fixing another couple of bugs, I think it'll be time to pull non-controversial patches into the integration tree and start some serious testing to prepare for another release).
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007
1davout
January 14, 2011, 07:13:53 PM
Do like me, start with labels =)
https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/32

That's really all I feel comfortable with (well actually not, I was wondering whether I should update locale files...)
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
January 14, 2011, 06:20:36 PM
Alas, if I knew C++  Undecided

Might dl the sources so that I can work on smaller bugs though: I'm a LAMP guy but if there are little things I might be able to help. Then again, the issue list looks like gobbledegook to me, so I might not be that much help!

You might want to sticky this and make the title less generic though: it looks like the usual "how does it work" clarification type posts Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 2216
Chief Scientist
January 13, 2011, 05:40:44 PM
The list of possible new features and bugs at https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues is getting longer every day; I'd like to see the bugs resolved before the bug list gets so long we all just start ignoring it.

So:  who is willing and able to help out?  Don't ask permission, just jump in, grab a bug that catches your interest, add comments to it as you start to figure out what the problem is (or isn't), and submit a PULL request when you have a fix.

Your reward will be recognition, admiration and respect.  It is time to take bitcoin from, essentially, a single-programmer project to a robust open source project with lots of contributors.

Pages:
Jump to: