Pages:
Author

Topic: Cost of Living Comparison - page 5. (Read 1299 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 146
June 19, 2018, 12:08:43 PM
Sometimes I really wonder whether or not I should relocate, considering that the cost of living here in my country and city is pretty much one of the most expensive places you can live in currently. While other countries are certainly on the other end of the spectrum with dirt cheap living costs.

A big part of this is probably caused by the fact that the income that you would get at less expensive countries, if you were living, would be much less than in an expensive country, due to the isolation of the labour force from international markets.

If you can somehow obtain an online job that pays in bitcoin, which is a borderless currency that doesn't have country restrictions, you could really take advantage theoretically by going to a country where the cost of living is lower. Practically how this works out is debatable, but it's just an idea.

Actually there are already those who rely on earning bitcoin because it has helped them a lot. Many of the users in this forum participate in signature campaigns so that they may earn bitcoin and this has helped them pay for their daily expenses. It’s not so reliable but it has provided them with some financial assistance. Since the standard income in some countries is not enough to cover for daily expenses due to the high cost of living, there is the need for others to look for sideline jobs like earning btc.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
June 19, 2018, 11:53:35 AM
Cost of living depends on individual income. The cost of house rent,  food,  cars,  clothing and general needs might be high when one receives a lower salary...you can only live  a comfortable life when your income is high and also when you have a reserved money as savings or investment otherwise live maybe unbearable.
Activity: 182
June 19, 2018, 11:03:37 AM
Talking about the cost of living is actually too broad, especially based on opinions, which need not be addressed. But, well, never mind. I think that comparison happens from our own opinion .. the cost of living that we experience ourselves.
Activity: 112
June 19, 2018, 09:31:06 AM
Comparison of the cost of living is certainly very personal, some say Jogjakarta is cheaper, because this person can save more in Jogja, while those who say Jakarta is cheaper, could be because it can save less. Such comparative data is useful but merely an illustration that when it comes to a decision made then it is very personal.
Activity: 114
June 19, 2018, 09:05:39 AM
You also have to take the wages into consideration. One place might be cheap compared to another, but if the salaries are also much lower, it is tricky. Besides, you should decide whether you could be happy there
Activity: 448
Merit: 107
June 19, 2018, 09:03:05 AM
Cost of living is something everyone should consider and even more so for those of us who can make our living anywhere in the world, but there is more to life than just cost of living, you also have to consider how happy you will be in a certain place. If we look at the countries with the highest happiness ratings we'll often find that they are also among the happiest countries.

I agree with you. You are totally right that everything exist not just because of our  cost of living. People must also consider what we really value the most. Like our happiness, everyone's happiness. Lets always consider that we always do things because we value our family, we value their happiness and not because of the  cost we exerted for them to be happy but because of our efforts that they appreciate. Happiness not always depend on money but living with our family together.

Yes, Cost of living varies in every countries. The standard  cost of food, clothing, health care and housing that are the basic necessity of the family can be adjusted based on the family's income. For me my country is far compare to the highly develop countries but i can say that my family is happy and have a respect with each other. This is the most important thing to me.

So true , every countries has the different kind of cost of living by culture and traditions. It is also varies where you belong if you are in the higher,middle or low class . Higher class has the more capability to buy what they want and needs ,in the middle class they can buy but it depends on how much has excess to their budget while the low class will think what is the more important to them specially food.
Activity: 28
June 19, 2018, 07:36:04 AM
it is best to live in Switzerland, they say that there is the highest standard of living.
Activity: 406
Merit: 11
June 19, 2018, 06:15:04 AM
Cost of living is something everyone should consider and even more so for those of us who can make our living anywhere in the world, but there is more to life than just cost of living, you also have to consider how happy you will be in a certain place. If we look at the countries with the highest happiness ratings we'll often find that they are also among the happiest countries.

I agree with you. You are totally right that everything exist not just because of our  cost of living. People must also consider what we really value the most. Like our happiness, everyone's happiness. Lets always consider that we always do things because we value our family, we value their happiness and not because of the  cost we exerted for them to be happy but because of our efforts that they appreciate. Happiness not always depend on money but living with our family together.

Yes, Cost of living varies in every countries. The standard  cost of food, clothing, health care and housing that are the basic necessity of the family can be adjusted based on the family's income. For me my country is far compare to the highly develop countries but i can say that my family is happy and have a respect with each other. This is the most important thing to me.

Activity: 271
Merit: 10
June 19, 2018, 05:51:10 AM

Activity: 490
Merit: 258
June 03, 2018, 08:33:35 PM

You nailed it, my friend! Life is not only about saving money, getting rich, and getting out of the rat race... One has to consider happiness too. In fact, the reason why that so called "cost-of-living" is high in a certain region is because many people wants to habitate there.

The more the people wants to live in a certain soil, the higher it bids the value... therefore, if the cost of rent is high then expect the goods and products to be pricey as well. - That directly translates the cost of living.

Therefore, it's either you create happiness in rural, or sacrifice some cash to live urban. You decide.
Activity: 668
Merit: 255
June 03, 2018, 06:47:36 PM
Using this tool, I understood that I live in the cheapest place and I think, that now I shouldn't think, how to emigrate to another country and just find stable income online / offline  and just relax, because if this tool right, Rent Prices, Restaurant Prices, Groceries Prices are cheaper than in India, Indonesia and etc. Not even saying about Canada or US, because I getting difference  250% - 1300+%.
Activity: 644
Merit: 259
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
June 03, 2018, 06:12:38 PM
Oh, I love using this service while planning some vacation trips. It is always useful to know the country you are visiting form the inside.
I live in the capital city of my country and the cost of living here is so damn high that it’s simply unbelievable when I was on my national service last year, I relocated to a city nearby and I was shocked about how cheap a lot of things are there. And they were of more quality than in the capital too.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 753
June 03, 2018, 05:41:00 PM
Sometimes I really wonder whether or not I should relocate, considering that the cost of living here in my country and city is pretty much one of the most expensive places you can live in currently. While other countries are certainly on the other end of the spectrum with dirt cheap living costs.

A big part of this is probably caused by the fact that the income that you would get at less expensive countries, if you were living, would be much less than in an expensive country, due to the isolation of the labour force from international markets.

If you can somehow obtain an online job that pays in bitcoin, which is a borderless currency that doesn't have country restrictions, you could really take advantage theoretically by going to a country where the cost of living is lower. Practically how this works out is debatable, but it's just an idea.
Activity: 350
Merit: 15
June 02, 2018, 04:54:07 PM
Oh, I love using this service while planning some vacation trips. It is always useful to know the country you are visiting form the inside.
Activity: 686
Merit: 257
June 02, 2018, 12:01:45 PM
Let's discuss where to live
Using this tool you can compare cost of living and it's indicators (Cost of Living index, Cost of Living Plus Rent Index, Groceries Index, Restaurants Index, Local Purchasing Power and etс.) for two cities supported by our dataset.
https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/comparison.jsp
Cost of living nowadays put too much pressure on every individual in which we all need to overcome in our daily needs due to high cost of living.Different necessities needed like the food we eat,house rent and any other needs just to sustain life itlself that is why we need to take extra effort and find extra income because salary was not enough and will never be enough most especially if we are just a minimum wage earner.Life seems so tough as basic needs were too much affected by inflation,people suffer and dismayed because governments has nothing to do with this to help reach out everyones needs to survive .
Exactly that is why it came to a point wherein rich people are getting richer and poor people becomes poorer and it is sad to think that poor people are doing an extra job just for them to survive for a day and rich people are just relaxing over, but of course if you are poor it if is your fault if you are not doing thing that would change your life.
Activity: 37
June 02, 2018, 09:41:53 AM
That's a pretty good tool, especially since I really want to move from my current city. Bookmarked the website.
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
June 02, 2018, 09:37:36 AM
It is good that you are a patriot of your country. By the way, me, too. I am glad that here, BTC is not banned but the cost of living is very high as for me.
Activity: 192
Merit: 25
May 06, 2018, 11:36:58 PM
I would like to have a cryptocurrency huge income each week and live on a Bali Indonesia, I`ve a lots of video about life there...

Ah ah nice! You can maybe make it possible with bounties Smiley
Activity: 1722
Merit: 252
May 06, 2018, 11:25:44 PM
Cost living in developed countries like Japan, USA and Europe can certainly reach 100 or even 1000 times, of course this is a very high economic problems and should developed countries to help developing country economies so there is no gap that is too big.
Activity: 138
May 06, 2018, 07:59:53 PM
Let's discuss where to live
Using this tool you can compare cost of living and it's indicators (Cost of Living index, Cost of Living Plus Rent Index, Groceries Index, Restaurants Index, Local Purchasing Power and etс.) for two cities supported by our dataset.
https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/comparison.jsp
Cost of living nowadays put too much pressure on every individual in which we all need to overcome in our daily needs due to high cost of living.Different necessities needed like the food we eat,house rent and any other needs just to sustain life itlself that is why we need to take extra effort and find extra income because salary was not enough and will never be enough most especially if we are just a minimum wage earner.Life seems so tough as basic needs were too much affected by inflation,people suffer and dismayed because governments has nothing to do with this to help reach out everyones needs to survive .
Pages:
Jump to: