Pages:
Author

Topic: Could Bitmain be driving the latest spike in hashing growth with Antminer S3s? - page 2. (Read 2161 times)

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
Bitmain recently pushed out 4.8 ph/s to the network on AntPool.
I know many people are wondering if it is the testing phase for the S3 as I wonder as well.  I know I cannot wait to have some S3's running here.  The new chip looks awesome.  Do you all wonder about it.
I know the upgrade options are awesome too for S1 and S2 owners.  Bitmain is really pushing new ideas and paths.
http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/bitmain-driving-latest-spike-hashing-growth-antminer-s3s/2014/06/26

With the imminent release of the much anticipated Antminer S3, Bitmain has pushed out 4.8 ph/s to their private AntPool. Officially they are saying that S2’s and some large private customers are driving up the hash rate in the pool there are many who are speculating that it is the initial testing of the S3s as well. All told, with the amount of Antminer S1 and S2 sales Bitmain units sold in the past months, Bitmain is estimated to be powering 20% of the total network.

Recently Bitmain announced the upcoming 28nm Chip BM1382. The BM1382 is a chip that Bitmain will be releasing in the Antminer S3 as well as in upgrades for existing S2 and S1 units. It has some great specifications.
Pages:
Jump to: