Pages:
Author

Topic: Could cryptocurrencies eliminate the root cause of war? - page 2. (Read 385 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 232
Let's presume that cryptocurrencies can (not eliminate, but) reduce the economic causes of wars. But wars are also unfolding on the basis of political, cultural, and religious conflicts. I hardly believe that financial independence (even if it`s assumed that cryptocurrency can fully guarantee it) will ensure world peace. People always find different reasons for the start of the war, and if these are not economic factors, then there will be some others.
Activity: 672
Merit: 12
I do not think that crypto currency can solve the problem war.  War or peace lies in the mind of people not in currency. 
I also of opinion that there must be some controlling authorities (governments) to regulate the society.  Otherwise there will be wild rule all over the world.  The powerful will be eating the weaker.
Activity: 48
Merit: 1
cryptocurrencies have nothing to do with peace keeping or things like that, war could arise because of greed or politicians trying to cling on to power!

But in one way or another crypto can help solve issues of transparency with could help people to not speculate on certain issues(mostly financial issues)  which is very much achievable with cryptocurrencies. Only problem is cryptos are not yet fully supported hence this is a fantasy.
Activity: 18
Merit: 1
Wars are always started by governments who are fighting for leverage.

Citizens are stuck in the middle and end up having to fight for causes they don't care about.
If people can do business with people all over the world without the need for centralized approval, the governments will become the obsolete enemy of progress.

Decentralization is a war against the instigators of war.

Thoughts?
Pages:
Jump to: