Pages:
Author

Topic: Could some coins be banned? - page 2. (Read 413 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 1
February 01, 2018, 08:36:25 PM
Oh reeeeeeeeeeeeally, they gonna come after my onions. DEEP ONION that is, the only fully encrypted anonymous crypto running on the TOR network.
GOOD LUCK, those idiots can't even open an iPhone
Activity: 798
Merit: 251
Small Trader
February 01, 2018, 08:27:50 PM
Maybe to banned coin on a regulation in a country can be done. That means a country can make a ban on transactions with the banned coin. But to ban coins from the world of cryptocurrency may not be possible, in addition to burning the total supply of a coin.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
February 01, 2018, 08:20:45 PM
IMO, There will be many coins which will be banned just wait till the end of this year.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
February 01, 2018, 08:03:34 PM
IDK if this will hold true! I don't think anyone knows what's really in store!
Activity: 336
Merit: 3
February 01, 2018, 07:39:57 PM
I think the answer to that question is a resounding NO. You cannot ban coins that is part of the process of having a decentralised system. Governments can try and regulate crypto activities for their own citizens but that is about as far as they can go.

Are you sure about that?
Activity: 448
Merit: 15
TREEBLOCK
February 01, 2018, 07:32:17 PM
I think the answer to that question is a resounding NO. You cannot ban coins that is part of the process of having a decentralised system. Governments can try and regulate crypto activities for their own citizens but that is about as far as they can go.
Activity: 294
February 01, 2018, 07:28:59 PM
It's impossible banning specific coins in state or country because everything is on the internet today and nothing and nobody can stop any Cryptocurrency any ways.
That's why governments are making guidelines and regulations because they knew that Cryptocurrency cannot be stopped in any form of securities and actions.

You are providing a reason that supports the vision of www.bitcoinfuji.com
Activity: 304
Merit: 105
February 01, 2018, 01:07:28 PM
Coins can't be banned it is already in the concept of decentralization. You are just posting weird accusations while you are promoting the coin bitcoinfuji. Isn't that a little suspicious?

I think you need to go to www.bitcoinfuji.com and then make a post that makes sense. You have said, 'Coins can't be banned'. Do you think a coin like Monero won't be banned in the future?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?? I would not take the risk owning a coin like that.

You can't really ban an anonymous coin, even the chinese can't do it. What governments do is try to tax the use or discourage the use where they can't tax.

And yes, we think that a coin like Monero can't be banned in the future. Government can try to disrupt the protocol, but in a decentralized system you can't just shutdown everybody. Ever wondered why torrents still work and nobody can do anything about it?

Monero, for instance, is even tougher to kill than torrents.

P.S.: Using multiple accounts is bad,mkay?
Activity: 168
Merit: 29
Digital Wealth Management Platform
February 01, 2018, 12:59:02 PM
They could (as we've seen in multiple countries) and I think some should be banned simply because of their scammy nature.

Governments and States can ban the whole Cryptocurrency but cannot limit specific coins into circulating in their sovereign state therefore they could ban the whole Cryptocurrency but cannot control every Altcoins that only can be used by citizens.
Some countries are banning Cryptocurrencies that's why the citizens couldn't use any of it and they couldn't earn and every Cryptocurrency is useless in their country.
Merit: 29
Digital Wealth Management Platform
February 01, 2018, 12:54:54 PM
It's impossible banning specific coins in state or country because everything is on the internet today and nothing and nobody can stop any Cryptocurrency any ways.
That's why governments are making guidelines and regulations because they knew that Cryptocurrency cannot be stopped in any form of securities and actions.
Activity: 532
Merit: 114
February 01, 2018, 12:51:50 PM
Governments are busy putting new laws together to regulate cryptos. Beware that some coins could be outlawed: I am not going to name the coins but there is a strong possibility anonoymous coins could come under attack by regulatory authorities.
Solution: Put www.Bitcoinfuji.com in your portfolio: compliance beyond expectations: 10 cents ICO now

If I were the government I'd start by banning this crap you just posted.

His first point was valid but then he started advertizing for bitcoinfuji

Yes he has created multiple threads promoting this crap..  Roll Eyes

Is this a cautioning or advert, and what is the connection between the two?
February 01, 2018, 12:27:08 PM
They could (as we've seen in multiple countries) and I think some should be banned simply because of their scammy nature.
Activity: 431
Merit: 11
February 01, 2018, 12:26:01 PM
I dont think so, I didnt heard that a coin can be banned by a government caused its decentralized a the government has no shares.
Activity: 882
Merit: 250
February 01, 2018, 12:23:30 PM
Some coins couldn't be banned. The government in such case will take a position "all or nothing". I think in the current moment everything is going to ICO's banning and produce of new coins and tokens is going to be done one day.
Yes I also think that the policy can be like that — all or nothing. Why should be some certain coin be banned and the others are given green light on the market? It will be very unfair. Am I right?
Activity: 294
February 01, 2018, 07:20:09 AM
Why not? I think that this is possible for one simple reason, if it really is dangerous, then it is likely to be removed from all exchanges, but in addition to decentralized exchanges. BUT I think that they can simply be denied access.

Anything is possible
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
February 01, 2018, 06:18:00 AM
There's no such coin banning except crypto banning or Cryptocurrency exchange banning like what China did in their country.
Coin banning is just like regulating ICOs so that only legitimate companies could launch ICOs because otherwise they are just scammers and nothing more important with their coins just bogus and fraud and failure.
Regulations for ICOs is highly favored because investors will then invest into certified and accredited ICOs so they wouldn't have their money wasted.

you are right, I really agree with what you say. I do not really understand what the OP says. I did not know he was promoting or sharing his knowledge.
Activity: 252
Merit: 104
“Blockchain Connection Framework”
February 01, 2018, 06:10:34 AM
Governments are busy putting new laws together to regulate cryptos. Beware that some coins could be outlawed: I am not going to name the coins but there is a strong possibility anonoymous coins could come under attack by regulatory authorities.
Solution: Put www.Bitcoinfuji.com in your portfolio: compliance beyond expectations: 10 cents ICO now

First off, I would like to say that a government's power is quite broad, and if you would considering its extent, could be treated as largely encompassing. On that note, they can actually regulate, ban, impose strict regulations, or worse, even criminalize activities pertaining to the cryptocurrency market. On that regard, I think they can impose such strict rules on some coins, especially those ones that are not widely recognized in the market. For Bitcoin and Ethereum that are strong market players, I don't think a government would ban them because they can get good money and profit from them. As for other lesser know and low value coins, they could either be ignored or regulated to avoid transactions that would only flood the market but without any useful or actual value tied up with them.
Activity: 588
Merit: 100
February 01, 2018, 06:02:32 AM
Why not? I think that this is possible for one simple reason, if it really is dangerous, then it is likely to be removed from all exchanges, but in addition to decentralized exchanges. BUT I think that they can simply be denied access.
Activity: 126
Merit: 21
February 01, 2018, 06:01:11 AM
It depends in the government you are in just like in China they are banning bitcoins. So depending which part of the world you are in there are governing laws that you have to follow and that should include cryptocurrency in general. Just be mindful of your governing laws from the country you are in before you invest in cryptocurrency you might be in hot waters with the state.
Activity: 15
February 01, 2018, 06:00:25 AM
Exchange or government concept of decentralization people make their choice, those that can help regulating activities that is connected !!
Pages:
Jump to: