Pages:
Author

Topic: Could you share Your first time BTC Experience? - page 3. (Read 4975 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
I don't remember what my "first time" was like. Was it suppose to be like anything special? It's just money transferring, so who cares. The way you worded the question also made me feel uncomfortable.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
This topic could be very interesting seeing other people's stories when you first get to know about bitcoin lol
all the stories of experience, it is very interesting to me
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
It was not a difficult experience when i first came into interaction with the idea of bitcoin trading. The reason is because I have been observing a friend of mine for a while now engaging in active bitcoin mining and even trading. This gave me the first experience. One thing I need to confess having trouble with is making a final decision on which part of bitcoin i should always venture into. I was however given enough advise and I can say that I have never made a loss ever since i started trading.
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
I came across BTC while looking at wikipedia... I somehow went from e-gold to bitcoin. Good find.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1030
give me your cryptos
I got into bitcoin through faucets, sadly xD

I started scripting multiple bots to work for me on difference IPs on faucets like freebitco.in, moonbitcoin, and dogeco.in.
Activity: 518
Merit: 254
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
My first time about btc i think i was finding a job online and i tried some PTC sites but low earnings and  i can only earn few cents every month.
So i decided to try bitcoins on faucets i earn and few satoshis until i reach 0.005 then i want to multiply my earnings so i decided to invest it on coinsera the big ponzi scam i just try it and my bitcoins had gaid profit everyweek then after that few weeks the support is gone and my bitcoins stuck on that site so i search many time on google how to recover bitcoin until i came here and made a thread how to recover bitcoins on that site..
But bad luck i cant get it back m y bitcoins but in the end im happy to be in here on bitcointalk because i learn a lots about this online ecurrency
And i earn much in signiture campaign than doing captcha in faucets.. Thats it..
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Looking for idle online games and came across coinbrawl which taught me how to set up a wallet and store bitcoin. Looking for other things to do I came across btcjam on blockchains wallet website. Now I'm making a faucetlist at bloggingwithbloggers.com
Activity: 812
Merit: 250
My first Bitcoin experience was when I first heard about it and I found faucets on ePay.  I played with it for about 3 days before I found easier ways to make Bitcoin.  Of coarse I did not make much, only about .0035 BTC my first day at faucets, which was over 6 hours of my life, but it was fun.

Yes faucet in Epay is very favorable, we can gain a lot of bitcoin if we are diligent. I also still play there faucets, within 4 days I can get 50,000 satoshi. It is unbelievably fairly well to add bitcoin and I also really enjoy doing it.
Activity: 588
My first Bitcoin experience was when I first heard about it and I found faucets on ePay.  I played with it for about 3 days before I found easier ways to make Bitcoin.  Of coarse I did not make much, only about .0035 BTC my first day at faucets, which was over 6 hours of my life, but it was fun.
Activity: 2646
Merit: 586
I saw an ad of a gambling site, when I clicked and visited the site, I checked their payment method and saw bitcoin, but, then I don’t know about bitcoin, so I decided to study it online, and also asked some of friends that knows about it, after that I learn different aspects of bitcoin like mining, decentralization and alt coin environment etc.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048
Dear BTC users,

When I first visited BTC Talk, I saw it as a good marketplace (it is the best, no doubt)...never knew or used BTC before, even after being a member for a long time, i didn't use BTC and instead i used Paypal...

Recently (before 2-3 weeks), I created a new Bitcoin Account and started using BTCs for the first time...I'm overexcited to use BTCs than any other form of money transfers these days...Smiley Smiley This is huge turning point for me.

BTC have loads of potential, I'm still a beginner with BTC. This forum is too addictive and changed my life considerably.

1.) Your First Time experience with BTC ??
2.) When did you start using BTC for transactions??
3.) What do you feel about BTC after using it for such a long time??

-------------------

I wanted to ask you guys a few questions related to BTC...

1.) Do any of you Use BTC for International Transfers ?? (In my opinion BTC save a lot of money as we won't have BANK Fees, Interbank transfers, no currency conversion charges, safe and instant transfer)

2.) How about BTC Trading (over forex/ share market) everyday?? is it wise to invest on BTC and do trading??

please feel free to share your Views...Smiley Smiley Happy to see you all BTCTalkers...Smiley

1.) first time i know about bitcoin was on end of 2013,that time i still on college
2.) i start using bitcoin for transaction in end of 2014,because i am new to know,and on my country also new to have some wite to spent bitcoin.
3.) of course i feel happy,and never dream about bitcoin before,just awesome.
I've never transact using bitcoin because I also just a few months ago to join the bitcoin. For this I only play new faucets and try the signature campaign. Payout to bitcoin wallet I just new I do use this new faucets and collected 0,002 BTC. May require patience and hard work to be able to collect a lot bitcoin. We share the same new bitcoin users  Cheesy
Activity: 406
Merit: 252
There are some days in everyone's life that change everything.
The days we never forget.
Many of them are intensely personal and involve other people, like the day my son was born, or the day I first fell in love.
Others involve experiences with things, like the day I got my first car or first used a computer.

But one day I’ll never forget was the day I discovered bitcoin.
It was 2010. I had just checked in to a suite at the J.W. Marriott in Bangkok, Thailand.
First thing’s first: get wifi working.
Laptop on the bed. Jet lag wasn’t so bad this trip. I ordered room service––a banana split sundae, I remember.
As a finance professional, I loved lurking the world of digital currencies. I had been following online money since the e-gold fiasco years ago. Now there were new players in the game. Liberty Reserve was big at the time. Pecunix was quiet but steady. MoneyBookers was popular. And of course there was Paypal. Although not its own currency, it was still part of the internet money landscape. I always have and probably always will deeply despise paypal.
Yet as always, every digital currency seemed dodgy and untrustworthy. Still, I knew that “magic internet money” would be important some day.
I checked my usual online sources, and lo and behold, one had a link to an article about “loom” and another had a link to an article about “bitcoin.” Hacker sites always have interesting stories, I’ve learned.
I was fascinated by what I read.
I stayed up all night researching loom and bitcoin.
Loom (which wasn’t exactly money) is forgotten today.
But bitcoin has changed the world. And my world.
I found the old pre-MtGox New Liberty Standard exchange site.
I couldn’t believe these things called bitcoins actually had a market.
Some lunatics were offering up to a dollar per bitcoin, which most people agreed was outrageous.
I kept reading.
I found this forum.
I found the white paper.
I learned to “setgenerate true -1”
I dug deeper.
I bought a GPU.
It became an addition.
Activity: 294
My first experience is when i am register on PTC site,and that site accept bitcoin as payment,and i am starting exited and do paid per click (PTC) almost everyday,and i collect until $20 in Bitcoin,on that time the price is still $600,and i bought smartphome from it,yes i also get more money from my dad Grin
Activity: 546
1. I know bitcoin in 2013 when told a friend.
2. The first time I used it was also time to try to buy phone credit
3. Very nice for a quick transaction
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1179
Dragon Tale game, I wanted to play something and I read somewhere people earn from there. So I instaled and see what people talk about there and start to search more on google. After sometime I found this place and from here many others. But for sure last 3 months btc talk is the place where I spend a lot of time every day, reading what people talking, commenting, there is nice giveaways in games and rounds. And after more then 3 months I still think that I`m begginer.
Merit: 587
Space Lord
"Hey, check this out" *friend points to bitcoin.org
"Hmm, seems dodgy..."

Two years later (2011) I start mining Sad
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058
I first find bitcoin long ago when I was clicking PTC's and saw ads for bitcoin, and new way to accept payment. I find some faucet get some coin and now I am a lot bigger hold of btc than what i was then
and also, no longer use penny ptc lol

I came across bitcoin on Google, while I was searching for ways of earning money online. So, I read more about it on Wikipedia, after that I joined some faucets and made few bitcoins, which I mostly used to fill up my phone then, later I decided to start alt coin mining and investing in bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1165
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
My first time with bitcoin was not that awesome I was stupid that I got scammed. It was not that big amount of bitcoin I have lost.
But getting scam is just my fault. But the nice think was that with bitcoin I have earn quite a lot of cash with just trading it.
Me too... When I first found bitcoin, I was actually finding a way for free bitcoins. The I use faucets and paid-to-click sites for my very first coins. Then I have 'invested' my first 0.001 BTC to a HYIP site (by that time I still don't know how dangerous those sites are, nor joined here in bitcointalk), and then I of course, lost them.
So for all first time bitcoiners, don't spend your first coins without doing research on the site that you're spending your bitcoins to.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004
I was shaking on my first transaction done with blockchain.info, because i feared that I send btc to the wrong address.

Now i`m using electrum and now i can verify 3 times the address before sending it, feels more safe.
I feel you man. That fear of sending coins to the wrong address is still strong within me. I usually double, triple check addresses and amount of BTC.
I've seen people sending 0.5 btc instead of 0.05, so you will be better safe now than sorry later.
Pages:
Jump to: