Pages:
Author

Topic: Could you share Your first time BTC Experience? - page 6. (Read 4975 times)

legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001
I heard about bitcoin back in 2011 because a talk show I listened to had blockchain.info as an advertiser at the time. I heard about bitcoin so often and didn't really have any understanding of it that I started to hate it. Then a year or so later after they had talked more about it over time it really started to click for me and that's when I knew I had to start accumulating.
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
PUGG.io
i first heard about bitcoins in december,2013.
But after finding that it was too much pain to get bitcoins from faucets i left the idea.
and when i heard about bitcointalk signature campaign then i came back to bitcoins in june 2015.

my overall ecperience is very good with bitcoins and also i have earned about 0.2btc from signature campaigns.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
My first bitcoin experience is all about my ignorance about it . I thought that 1 satoshi is equavelent to 1 bitcoin haha , however when i sum up all the bitcoins that i earned through faucets within 1 week it's value is 0.1$ only haha get little disappointed about it , thankful that i didn't stop there now I earn 0.05btc or more  weekly  a fair salary for a part timer like me .
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪
First experience was creating an online wallet and then hitting some faucets to accumulate some satoshis. I remember being happy when I earned my first 2 cents  Grin. Then some weeks later suddenly my password for the wallet did not work. Tried the passphrase they gave me on registering, and it did not work either...

Long story sort, I lost my first 2 cents and learned on my first experience that the ecosystem is quite full of scams.
Started using faucets worst decision of my life
They are not a real good way to start into bitcoin because you nothing really from doing it the first time and generally you would turned off to using them and bitcoin all together.
In order to get into the swing of things and to understand the mechanism of work is quite a small amount at first for training.
I agree with that statement but once you do it once or twice it just seems useless to continue after that because your time is worth more than a fraction of a penny worth of bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262
BTC or BUST
1.) Your First Time experience with BTC ??

A friend of mine told me about BTC and how he was making money trading doge and thinking about selling BTC on ebay. I didn't understand anything about it but trading interested me.

He turned me on to checking out Cryptsy and I later was able to get .01 BTC off of him to try out trading. And then I traded for a long time..

2.) When did you start using BTC for transactions??

Earlier this summer I needed an intercooler and some Turbo accesories for my car project and I sold some of my trading profits on gyft.com for a $200 ebay gift card. I also bought a sticker from Bitlab, I see him around here too..

Other than that I don't want to spend any BTC because it's hard to come by, hard to buy. I have had my BTC across Cryptsy, Coinbase, Mintpal, Bittrex, Poloniex, Mycelium and a few alts with wallets etc..

3.) What do you feel about BTC after using it for such a long time??

I believe!! I am accumulating and hoarding whilst simultaneously kicking myself in the rear for spending some of it on my car..
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1012
They are not a real good way to start into bitcoin because you nothing really from doing it the first time and generally you would turned off to using them and bitcoin all together.
In order to get into the swing of things and to understand the mechanism of work is quite a small amount at first for training.
Activity: 616
1BkEzspSxp2zzHiZTtUZJ6TjEb1hERFdRr
I heard about Bitcoin from one of my friends back in 2011. but i thought that is only some hackers token so i forget about all that till big bubble at end of 2013. when i started to play with a bit. At start 2014. i was fully addicted and rest is history lol.
legendary
Activity: 966
TRUMP IS DOING THE BEST! MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!
As another user mentioned I was watching a television program and was interested to learn more about how you can buy products with this cryptocurrency as they called it.

I learned what a btc wallet was and once I had my wallet address I knew it had to go somewhere. So I put it in on keystroke at a time so not to mix up the characters some way and off I was into the crypto world of finance.

It was fast to do initiate a transaction. But did not realize you had to wait for a series of confirmations to be completed before it arrives to your balance. So this threw me off for a while until I did my third transaction and it was successful with in half an hour.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
My first time experience in bitcoin is kinda amazing.
My friend of mine introduced the bitcoin on me that's why I knew it.
I don't know that there is like a thing in this world.
But I am so happy that it existed.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002
first i was introduced by my friend in the bitcoin world through quoinpro.com site that time i was thinking it is useless, but after surfing in google search i found some faucets to earn freely, that i done for some time , then i become tired and left it, after few days one more friend i met and got introduced to this site and signature campaign and how to earn soon through signature campaign when i received my first payment i was so much excited because what i earned through faucets in 3 months that i earned in one week.
Activity: 1442
Merit: 629
Vires in Numeris
I've heard about bitcoin a few years before when they have set up an ATM in my country as well and they were in the news. After this year, in May, I just googled it if there is a BTC bank card. That time was when XAPO had started to roll out their debit card but after a long mail conversation with their customer service I decided not to take part in the test period because of the high prices. Later on, this year September I've googled again about them and saw that the debit card is working normally, the test period was already over. I've decided to join and also I've joined this forum to learn.
My first transaction was that from my first earnings (from a signature campaign) I have bought a coke with my new debit card (0,5 l of coke and it took my whole salary of that week Smiley )
Paying for daily goods in shops with BTC card is really fun, because they don't even know what kind of card I use, so they don't know that I'm paying with my bitcoins.
But I don't want to spend my hard earned BTC's if price will continously rise like nowdays
Activity: 910
Downloaded the client early on but was confused by the blockchain sync after leaving it all night it still hadn't synced. So I uninstalled.

Later a friend of mine started buying products from Silk Road. Soon after I got involved - bought some, set up a few sites and faucets.
Activity: 630
PM me to buy traffic for your site!
Your First Time experience with BTC ??
I was trying to mine it, back then cpu mining was the thing, but i hated it since it would make my laptop unusable while mining (little did i know ..)

When did you start using BTC for transactions??
Pretty much as soon as i heard about it. My first transactions were trading related though. (altcoin and bitcoin trading)

What do you feel about BTC after using it for such a long time??
I feel that it's simple and easy, and i fail to realize why not everyone is using it. On a negative note, there should be more attention directed to safety,
because a lot of ppl get robbed and don't ever trust bitcoin again.
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
Dear BTC users,

When I first visited BTC Talk, I saw it as a good marketplace (it is the best, no doubt)...never knew or used BTC before, even after being a member for a long time, i didn't use BTC and instead i used Paypal...

Recently (before 2-3 weeks), I created a new Bitcoin Account and started using BTCs for the first time...I'm overexcited to use BTCs than any other form of money transfers these days...Smiley Smiley This is huge turning point for me.

BTC have loads of potential, I'm still a beginner with BTC. This forum is too addictive and changed my life considerably.

-------------------

I wanted to ask you guys a few questions related to BTC...

1.) Do any of you Use BTC for International Transfers ?? (In my opinion BTC save a lot of money as we won't have BANK Fees, Interbank transfers, no currency conversion charges, safe and instant transfer)

2.) How about BTC Trading (over forex/ share market) everyday?? is it wise to invest on BTC and do trading??

please feel free to share your Views...Smiley Smiley Happy to see you all BTCTalkers...Smiley

First of all I want to say welcome to the forums and to the Bitcoin community , feel free to ask question in case you have any issues .
  • I saw couple of videos about it while searching about stuff related to PayPal on YouTube , and that was on 2013 I guess .
  • I started using Bitcoin for transaction at the end of 2014 (the price was ~700$ then If I remember right) .
  • I don't consider one year as a long period of time but well ... after sometime I felt that Bitcoin have great potentials and I decided to hold them instead of spending them.
  • Yes , in fact I don't use it locally at all because no one on my country really use Bitcoin .
  • It's pretty wise (at my point of view) to invest in BTC , However you should know that Bitcoin is a long term investment and not really to make quick profit and walk away, so if you are patient it's a good choice for you . For what comes to Trading I was never a fan of it (I suppose because I'm not that good at it ) .
Activity: 756
the first time i heard about bitcoin was back when it exploded and prices were at like $900, i thought it was almost impossible to get a bitcoin so i just ignored it. then later i decided to invest a bit into it when the prices were at like 600.

i remember checking bitcoin prices day and night to see if i broke even  Sad, it wasnt really an fun experience but it was still pretty exciting.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
First heard about Bitcoin back in 2009 when it was worth peanuts and disregarded it as a gimmick

Now we're here...
Activity: 798
Move On !!!!!!
Unfortunately I have heard of Bitcoin in the news, begging of the December 2013, when it broke $1,000 mark!

I have gotten right away my first bitcoins from Virwox and I had paid those bastards huge fees. I think my first transaction was about $100 worth of bitcoins, that gave me about 0.09 BTCs.

I have sent them immediately to Cryptsy and there I started exchanging them for other altcoins and I started playing with all this!
Pages:
Jump to: