Pages:
Author

Topic: COVID had widened the gap between world's richest and poorest - page 6. (Read 1364 times)

Activity: 1694
Merit: 516
Very sad to see that the gap between the rich and poor people keeps on growing. I wish the politicians would start working for the people and not only the 1% of the population. The super rich already have so much money that they can never spend it in their lifetime. Of course communism is not the option, we can't just transfer wealth from the rich to the poor, that doesn't work. If a country would try that than all the rich people would leave and immigrate to another country that supports personal wealth like Switzerland or some Asian and Middle East countries. The problem is that rich people control the politicians with their money and many lobbyist. That is also why so much of Covid help funds went to the big companies and not the people in need. The only money for the poor people was also directly spend on food and housing, whereas the rich people are able to save all their money. Right now with new high inflation environment I am afraid we will be seeing the trend will keep growing, the rich keep on getting richer will the poor will stay poor. And we will also see some of the middle class families becoming poor again, because all the savings will be eaten away by inflation. Only the rich people will be able to save their wealth from inflation.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
There is also a place where their government borrowed a huge amount of money that is supposedly the fund that is going to be used to aid people that's suffering from COVID-19 and to buy health related stuffs that are going to be given to their people, yet, they manipulated the funds by buying "expensive" stuffs to counter COVID-19 to an unknown pharmaceutical company.

And now, the people from that place are the one who is going to pay all that debt, what a shame. I've just realized that even in the times of chaos, evil people will still choose money over humanity.
That is why corruption is so corroding, it is not only that politicians are stealing money which does not belong to them, they can even indebt the government and steal more money that way, and at the end the ones which have to pay for all of it are the citizens, which not only did not receive the services they need but now they have to pay for a debt they are not responsible for, and then politicians ask themselves why people hate paying their due taxes.
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213
There is also a place where their government borrowed a huge amount of money that is supposedly the fund that is going to be used to aid people that's suffering from COVID-19 and to buy health related stuffs that are going to be given to their people, yet, they manipulated the funds by buying "expensive" stuffs to counter COVID-19 to an unknown pharmaceutical company.

And now, the people from that place are the one who is going to pay all that debt, what a shame. I've just realized that even in the times of chaos, evil people will still choose money over humanity.
This is just more 5han pandemic to the citizens of that country.  Normally in pandemic life is very hard, everyone is thinking about just to survive the pandemic and now it is not just only surviving the pandemic but to pay for debt that was supposed to be used to fight the pandemic.  I'm still thinking if the money is what the poor can afford to pay.
During the time of the pandemic there are more support from the billionaire to the suffering people. This happened when people realised that we don't take anything with us when we die. Another thing, we don't know when our life is going to end.  Poor people suffered, because the life dependency is upon daily wages. This way the poor suffered alot than the rich ones who got access to each and everything unlike the pandemic situation.
Activity: 966
Merit: 573
God is great

This is just more 5han pandemic to the citizens of that country.  Normally in pandemic life is very hard, everyone is thinking about just to survive the pandemic and now it is not just only surviving the pandemic but to pay for debt that was supposed to be used to fight the pandemic.  I'm still thinking if the money is what the poor can afford to pay.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 126

I'm also familiar with that country and it's also heartbreaking that even poor people who haven't been reached out to by the government during the pandemic situation has to supper paying for their debt. Corruption is everywhere and it's getting worse. It's too disappointing that they're using the pandemic situation for their own benefit instead of using it to aid their people.
Activity: 2324
Merit: 454

Activity: 1498
Merit: 537
I can still remember how some sanitizer and musk were sold at double price than its normal price. There was a huge shortage in the supply because people were buying them in a rush. Selling face musk become some people's full-time jobs because of huge demands. TBH there fear that the media spread about the COVID-19 was overwhelming. I personally saw one aged person die because of COVID-19.
Toilet paper, regular paper towels, food that lasts long, everything went high in price and people were stocking them like crazy and they were trying to sold them back with double the price at least. I had a friend who had one of those gun looking temperature things and he bought about a thousand of them, cost him all of his savings but dude tripled his money in a single month, that was a huge win for him.

I understand the fear, because it was seriously bad when you got it, I have faced with 2 people who had it, both survived and well right now, but they were really shaken up during, it was a horrible thing. And 5+ million died total as well. So you either face a terrible sickness and survive, or you die, both of them look quite terrible options.

If you sum up the data on road accidental death every year then the number will be probably higher. Covid got so much attention because it was a virus that spread quickly. I have also taken 2 doses of the antidote but never gone for the booster dose. Now everything seems normal and I am thinking I should take the 3rd dose or not. Most of the people I know who took 3rd dose faces different health problems for a few days.

Now I saw another virus called monkeypox is spreading. Another stream of revenue for pharmaceutical companies.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 227
The graph man, I’m confused!! How are they making so much money in the whole covid situation? Seems to me they were the one running whole countries and grabbed all the money. Sounds fishy, when people were sitting at home due to strictest lock downs may be these rich people were still able to get permissions to run their business, may be healthcare supply chains and what not to pump lot of money into their bank accounts. I’m so shocked, how these guys are able to make money when world wasn’t moving. That’s crazy.
Activity: 2968
Merit: 670
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
I can still remember how some sanitizer and musk were sold at double price than its normal price. There was a huge shortage in the supply because people were buying them in a rush. Selling face musk become some people's full-time jobs because of huge demands. TBH there fear that the media spread about the COVID-19 was overwhelming. I personally saw one aged person die because of COVID-19.
Toilet paper, regular paper towels, food that lasts long, everything went high in price and people were stocking them like crazy and they were trying to sold them back with double the price at least. I had a friend who had one of those gun looking temperature things and he bought about a thousand of them, cost him all of his savings but dude tripled his money in a single month, that was a huge win for him.

I understand the fear, because it was seriously bad when you got it, I have faced with 2 people who had it, both survived and well right now, but they were really shaken up during, it was a horrible thing. And 5+ million died total as well. So you either face a terrible sickness and survive, or you die, both of them look quite terrible options.
Activity: 2464
Merit: 585
Mask, not musk; this has nothing to do with Elon Cheesy but yes all of us remember those moments. Covid event will be forever in our minds due to how brutal it is. It affects the life of the people. Their jobs are lost and the prices of the goods especially the mask, alchohol and related to it are rising. Some became evil because they hoard supplies only to sell it at a much higher price. It's amazing how covid reveals the true identity of the people. One is greedy and one is being helpful to the others. News about covid is fearful to some but for those who are business minded, they feel overwhelmed thinking they can still make money.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 537
It also made some places for the people working in the pharmacology sector, the way the masks and sanitizers went like gold, they honestly made most money. I do some people who literally became rich because of the covid. Other than that most of the people are not able to afford the healthcare as well which means that they have to suffer the ill effects, honestly this is getting harder every movement because even right now there are new epidemic to be coming in various countries like in London we are seeing the Monkey Pox growing and it would be even worse because of the the jubilee now, these effects are only going to get worse until and unless care is taken and with the war in Ukraine - it's been terrible and getting even worse, pushing people below the poverty line.

Activity: 966
Merit: 573
God is great
The covid-19 pandemic was not advantage to the rich but also to the middle class.  During the pandemic price of all kinds of foods in the market was high, which many traders who bought gooda lower prices before the pandemic occurred, sold their goods in higher price in the pandemic.  Some of theses traders are not rich but benefited much from the pandemic.

Before the pandemic people who sell face mask by the road side and in the pharmacy were selling face mask not even up to 50 cents , but in the pandemic face mask was sold for $1 in West Africa .
Activity: 1876
Merit: 318
During the pandemic, the middle and lower class people are greatly affected by this pandemic where their income is cut off, the economic sector is cut off
Not at all to be honest and it will depends on your choice, let's say you're got fired on the company you have been worked for several years. Since you didn't work for them anymore, that's make you didn't have any money to earn, but this doesn't mean there's no possibilities you can work in other sectors, moreover if you have a skills. If you have a design skills, you can become a freelancer and offer your design in an online marketplace.

The pandemic that occurred did indeed create a global economic crisis, so many people lost their jobs because the company they worked
for went bankrupt. But there is always a way to get out of every problem that occurs, humans are different from other creatures, humans have
brains to think and solve problems. As you said it all depends on each of our choices, what steps we will take in a bad economic situation.
We can use our skills in a previous job to find work elsewhere.

We can even offer our expertise on several platforms, because there will be someone who needs our expertise. We just need to promote ourselves
to let others know about our skills and will give us jobs if they need our skills. Especially now that information is very easy for us to get, so it is very
easy to dig up information from the internet, we will know that there are many opportunities to be able to make money on the internet. So as long as
we don't give up and want to work hard, even in a pandemic situation, there are quite a few ways for us to make money. The conclusion is that
there is always a way to get rich even in a pandemic situation, it's just a matter of how much we try to get rich.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1156
During the pandemic, the middle and lower class people are greatly affected by this pandemic where their income is cut off, the economic sector is cut off
Not at all to be honest and it will depends on your choice, let's say you're got fired on the company you have been worked for several years. Since you didn't work for them anymore, that's make you didn't have any money to earn, but this doesn't mean there's no possibilities you can work in other sectors, moreover if you have a skills. If you have a design skills, you can become a freelancer and offer your design in an online marketplace.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 629
During the pandemic wherein covid cases are increasing, thats also the time that many companies were mandated to temporarily close down their business in order to control the number of positive cases. The greatly affected of this decision is the lower class especially those who dont have savings to use in times like this. They're struggling to sustain the essential needs each day and its a big burden that the price of face mask, face shield and alcohol are soaring high.

These business owners/ companies producing these products are taking advantage the situation instead of extending help to other people. Money really matters thus its not surprising why rich people are becoming richer while poor are getting poorer, thats a fact.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 435
duelbits.com
Unfortunately, you are right. Sometimes, riches are getting richer, and poorer are growingly getting poorer. It seems too sad to know this fact. Many people can not survive during this pandemic, not because of the virus but because they are too difficult to get money for food only. Many are jobless and many businessmen are bankrupt because of this pandemic. But on the other hand, there are many politicians, certain businesses, and also parties that are getting richer because of utilizing the pandemic situation.
Activity: 2506
Merit: 368
I think OP was right since that's what I've noticed in my country or maybe not just in my country but also to the other countries. Although, I've seen some kind of moderation of making a quick decision like locking down the whole city since during the election they allowed a lot of people to gather in one place. Perhaps the widened vaccination helped a lot to stop such infecting other people or maybe people are just strong in vitamin C but whatever it still shows us that influential people can make a difference compared to the minorities and that was a privilege during and after pandemic.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
Activity: 2688
Merit: 625

What you say is like the law of nature and poor people will not be easy to get rich because it requires hard work and many things too for sure,
government presence is indeed very important in dealing with this problem and at least it can be reduced,
during the pandemic all people are affected and the rich are no exception

It will take extra ordinary effort to achieve extra ordinary thing. To achieve greatness you have to do extra effort more than what orders are doing. Being rich is in different ways like some is destiny and whatever little effort makes wealth and the other is by hard effort then you succeed.

Covid-19 pandemic didn't affect the poor more but the rich got the height of it because they easily contacted it. They are people who travelled and contacted it from people they met in airports, hotels and different other places and political meetings. The poor only felt the hunger more because of lack of food.
People does have always that bad impressions towards rich people without even realizing on how these people do able to achieve or reach such state which means that they would really be needing to exert
more effort more than on what they get used to and this is where rich people do really differ into those people who are close minded or fix goals or targets where they are that contented on what they do
currently have.If you do wish up something even more then you would need to work hard for it and not just sitting around and doing nothing so that you wont really be having any reasons
that make out some comments and other not right sentiments against rich people.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 332

What you say is like the law of nature and poor people will not be easy to get rich because it requires hard work and many things too for sure,
government presence is indeed very important in dealing with this problem and at least it can be reduced,
during the pandemic all people are affected and the rich are no exception

It will take extra ordinary effort to achieve extra ordinary thing. To achieve greatness you have to do extra effort more than what orders are doing. Being rich is in different ways like some is destiny and whatever little effort makes wealth and the other is by hard effort then you succeed.

Covid-19 pandemic didn't affect the poor more but the rich got the height of it because they easily contacted it. They are people who travelled and contacted it from people they met in airports, hotels and different other places and political meetings. The poor only felt the hunger more because of lack of food.
Pages:
Jump to: