Pages:
Author

Topic: Covid will take your money - page 2. (Read 284 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
July 29, 2020, 11:38:55 AM
Don't worry we have cryptos, the new era of digital payments, make payments from anywhere to anywhere in the world no need for physical contact no need to worry about the borders. Cool

I haven't checked the figures, but, crypto all year doesn't do what fiat does in one day. So, who has crypto? And who will even think to use it if fiat crashes or is destroyed? And who, even among those who use it regulary, buy anything of value with crypto, on a daily basis?

Cool
legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 2472
https://JetCash.com
July 29, 2020, 10:25:16 AM
I still use cash, and I am aware of the publicity given to its ability to spread infection. I think this is a positive benefit, as it is helping people to build immunity. The worst thing you can do is to deprive your immune system of exercise - that causes it to become bored, and it starts to create allergies. The UK is switching to washable bank notes, and I sometimes wonder if they are aware of the impact clean bank notes have on the maintenance of a healthy immune system.

In England cash consists of three categories - low value coins, bank notes, and gold and silver coins, and all are legal tender. Gold coins are an important part of tax free wealth protection, and the reduction of inheritance tax, so I can't see the government being allowed to withdraw them. Everyday cash is an important tool for micro businesses and peer to peer dales, and I know the government is keen to tax this, but it may not be practical. They are starting to allow people on low incomes to make a general declaration, and not have to submit tax returns. Obviously this reduces the work load on the revenue department.
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047
July 29, 2020, 10:17:57 AM
I just stumble this article and it says
Finally, there is little evidence that eliminating the use of cash would make a difference in the spread of COVID-19, nor do we have data to support that this virus maybe easily transmitted by any type of contaminated surface.

from https://theconversation.com/you-dont-need-to-worry-about-spreading-the-coronavirus-with-cash-137865

Here in our country so many people are still using cash and coins to pay for products and services, we have so many retail stores here and these stores do not accept cashless because of the fee imagine buying two eggs using a credit card or any cashless transaction.

Activity: 2268
Merit: 121
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
July 29, 2020, 10:06:32 AM
People don't even use cash anymore. This isn't the 80's. Everyone's switched to credit cards so if the government had any excuse to get rid of cash, they could've used it ages ago citing it's obsolescence.
cash is still often used as a transaction in non-modern markets, and occurs in developing and poor countries.
only a few developing countries that have advanced in the internet network, have done transactions not using cash and have been replaced with electronic money.

in my country credit cards are rarely used because there are a lot of burglaries so they have to innovate so that they do not often happen burglaries by replacing signatures with pin numbers. now many are moving to electronic money with good innovation and more prizes than compared to credit cards that actually have to pay a fee again for each transaction.

indeed, in the current situation reducing the use of cash is strongly recommended, but it is not possible to eliminate transactions with cash. there are still many who make transactions with cash.

in my country the perpetrators of corruption use cash instead of carrying out non-cash transactions through banks. because if you use non-cash will be easily tracked by the state on transactions at the bank.
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 1514
July 29, 2020, 03:20:58 AM
People don't even use cash anymore. This isn't the 80's. Everyone's switched to credit cards so if the government had any excuse to get rid of cash, they could've used it ages ago citing it's obsolescence.
Activity: 2646
Merit: 686
July 29, 2020, 02:53:27 AM
One of the dirtiest things in the world is money. Each bill has been handled by thousands of people. So, the government will state that money is spreading Covid. They will require you to turn in your $dollars. All the big stores will go along with them and not accept money any longer. Your money will be replaced by an electronic system... maybe a debit card, or maybe they will chip you, or maybe it'll simply be a barcode on your forehead or in your hand. Less chance for you to spread Covid. This is coming starting 2021.

Cool

@BADecker basically what you’re suggesting is that the governments will do a demonetisation of their currency’s, but I don’t think that it’s possible to do it under current circumstances. However what the governments can do is urge people to spend Digital money more instead of paying in cash, but then again I don’t expect them to strictly enforce this decision on their citizens.

Source:

https://groww.in/blog/countries-that-have-tried-demonetization-in-the-past/
Activity: 2492
Merit: 277
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
July 29, 2020, 02:44:53 AM
Don't worry we have cryptos, the new era of digital payments, make payments from anywhere to anywhere in the world no need for physical contact no need to worry about the borders. Cool
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
July 28, 2020, 08:19:40 PM
One of the dirtiest things in the world is money. Each bill has been handled by thousands of people. So, the government will state that money is spreading Covid. They will require you to turn in your $dollars. All the big stores will go along with them and not accept money any longer. Your money will be replaced by an electronic system... maybe a debit card, or maybe they will chip you, or maybe it'll simply be a barcode on your forehead or in your hand. Less chance for you to spread Covid. This is coming starting 2021.

Cool
Pages:
Jump to: