Pages:
Author

Topic: CPU only coins do they really exist? - page 3. (Read 19979 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 50
March 25, 2018, 05:49:41 AM
Can I use a laptop with a coin?
as long as a coin can be mined using CPU its means you can to mine using a laptop.such ETN, BCN, XMR and another coin. but personally, I don't suggest mining using a laptop. many things must be noticed:
1. Laptop doesn't design for running 24/7.

2. Fan laptop too small for reducing heat.

3. Diff a coin too high, if mining using a laptop moreover XMR.

4. Laptop will generate is a bit hashrate and that determines how many a coin which you will be able to.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
March 25, 2018, 01:14:19 AM
Is there such thing as a CPU only mineable coin?

If so can you provide some names of coins that are truly CPU mineable?

What exactly makes a crpyto mineable by CPU only?

0xbitcoin.org. Basically Bitcoin on the ERC20 chassis. CPU minable. I'm looking for others too.
Activity: 131
Merit: 13
In the fray since 2013.
March 24, 2018, 04:01:54 PM
Arionum is legit and CPU only.

Low n slow project, may go well, if you like these kind of coins.
Activity: 45
March 24, 2018, 09:20:54 AM
Only shitcoins are CPU only. Any popular coin attracts developers and they create GPU miners for it sooner or later.
Activity: 473
Merit: 18
March 24, 2018, 05:35:41 AM
A good list of CPU coins here, I couldn't tell you if any of them are CPU only though.

http://cpucoinlist.com/
the list is plain wrong, with X11, Groestl and Cryptonight coins which all have ASICs

CPU coins in general are those which either use an algo more efficient on a CPU than GPU (Yescrypt variants, Argon2d, HOdl, Lyra2h, Lyra2z330) or those that adapt to hashrate increase (M7M - Magi coin)

You can develop a GPU miner (for example Lyra2h and Yescrypt GPU miners exists), but they are not as efficient as CPU, or just drop the network reward (M7M) so much it wont be worth it

Right now, from what I saw, the most profitable are Lyra2h, YescryptR16/R32, Argon2d and HOdl)
Activity: 15
March 23, 2018, 09:50:36 PM
It's a shame that almost all mining is ASICs or GPUs.
Activity: 60
March 23, 2018, 05:29:53 PM
Check out the new coin Wavi, it got released earlier this month, and they developed their own new algorithm aswell! Their point is that they want to destroy the centralized ASICs and bring back CPU mining to the people. I really love it, they got an announcement thread here on bitcointalk.
Yes, a good one example! They use YescryptR32 algo.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
March 23, 2018, 04:54:53 PM
could remember the times to mine zcash with cpu =))

a lot of i7 got really work to do

Is there such thing as a CPU only mineable coin?

If so can you provide some names of coins that are truly CPU mineable?

What exactly makes a crpyto mineable by CPU only?
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
March 23, 2018, 02:09:09 PM
Check out the new coin Wavi, it got released earlier this month, and they developed their own new algorithm aswell! Their point is that they want to destroy the centralized ASICs and bring back CPU mining to the people. I really love it, they got an announcement thread here on bitcointalk.
Activity: 1
March 23, 2018, 01:36:37 PM
Marinecoin MTC  The first Dev-less  self-sustaining  Crypto-Currenncy  Artificial Intelligence Machine to Machine payment network Artificial intelligence what is AI  Well Marinecoin has a ico where you can earn up to 20;000 MTC simply by following all of the steps specified.   And then javis AI  will analyse the applications for proof of promotion to make sure only genuine applicants receive the ico .    Marinecoins block chain is 500% faster that Bitcoin Which offer fast secure transactions .it is also eco friendly because it uses very little energy  MTC also has its own exchange which is safe and secure.  MTC is dev less no need for miners  which leaves the community in control of the future MTC.   So come and join the MTC community https://marineco.inAnd remember Javis Artificial Intelligence  is checking for proof of promotion which only exits with Marinecoin. Be part of the future technology which only exits with Marinecoin  Marinecoin is a safe long term investment because: Marinecoin ecosystem is designed to be able to protect itself. Marinecoin is the crypto currenncy of the future where javis artificial intelligence  will set the standard for all crypto currenncy. Marinecoin . The first Dev-less  self-sustaining  Crypto-Currenncy  Artificial Intelligence Machine to Machine payment network
Activity: 244
Merit: 100
March 23, 2018, 04:44:17 AM
there are many coins in cryptonight. all those coins are minable with CPU's. however those coins are also minable with GPU's.. currently there is only m7m (magi coin) which is only minable with CPU.

Sorry that's not true, credits(CRDS) and dynamic (DYN) use argon2d algorithm which is CPU mining only
Activity: 9
March 23, 2018, 03:24:57 AM
there are many coins in cryptonight. all those coins are minable with CPU's. however those coins are also minable with GPU's.. currently there is only m7m (magi coin) which is only minable with CPU.
copper member
Activity: 124
I buy/sell crypto worldwide
March 23, 2018, 12:28:43 AM
https://zoinofficial.com/

Claims to be only CPU mineable
Activity: 93
March 21, 2018, 04:55:45 AM
Imo, CPU mining is not worth it.
The profit maybe lower than the cost you have to pay for the new CPU if yours is being degenerated in process.
But *imho* this a way for who to learn/start a crypto specially in mining..
If they had experience will build a rig
Activity: 98
March 21, 2018, 02:25:04 AM
Activity: 1260
Merit: 115
March 20, 2018, 11:30:36 PM
BiblePay (BBP) is a CPU mining only coin! Just launched a few months ago!

Yes they do exist! BiblePay White Paper: http://pool.biblepay.org/Docs/BiblePay_White_Paper.pdf
The lead dev has also added a reward if anyone can break the ASIC Resistance of the Proof of BibleHash (POBh) algorithm

They had now changed to Proof of Distributed Computing through BOINC. I guess BOINC (thus BBP) is GPU minable.

BiblePay now rewards cancer/science research for Rosetta project through BOINC,
Rosetta is a CPU only project that does protein folding
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosetta@home

Regular POW (Proof of Work) mining is still rewarded

===

BiblePay Block Reward Breakdown:

10% Charity
5% IT (Software Development)
2.5% PR (Public Relations)
2.5% P2P (Letter Writing, Preach/Priest)
38% Cancer Research Mining
4% Proof of Work Mining

38% Sanctuaries (Masternodes)

===

Proof of Distributed Computing (PODC:
http://wiki.biblepay.org/Distributed_Computing_Start_Guide
http://wiki.biblepay.org/Distributed_Computing

Togo Guide:
http://wiki.biblepay.org/Distributed_Computing_2

Lichtsucher Guide:
https://www.biblepay-central.org/en/mining-how-to/
Activity: 140
March 15, 2018, 08:42:26 AM

Yes they do exist! BiblePay White Paper: http://pool.biblepay.org/Docs/BiblePay_White_Paper.pdf
The lead dev has also added a reward if anyone can break the ASIC Resistance of the Proof of BibleHash (POBh) algorithm

They had now changed to Proof of Distributed Computing through BOINC. I guess BOINC (thus BBP) is GPU minable.
Activity: 149
Merit: 7
February 19, 2018, 01:28:47 PM
YENTEN Coin uses yescriptR16 algo, that is very resistant against gpu mining.
legendary
Activity: 2394
Merit: 5531
Self-proclaimed Genius
December 30, 2017, 01:39:42 AM
Problem is these coins are infested with botnets mining on them making mining not very profitable in most cases. You'll make some coin but not as much as with GPU mining. Viruses and a couple hundred or thousand ARM /x86 processors hashing away easily beats out any single cpu.
This happens quite a lot with profitable coins, even with bitcoin.
The most remarkable one is Monero which has an unaffiliated "anti-advertising" API that was readily available for website developers.
That however became an easy resource for Hackers to exploit background mining.
Why would any 'hacker' target Bitcoin for mining? Difficulty on the BTC chain is so high there's no point in doing so, and when the first few mining viruses came out, CPU mining was still not viable. Coinhive is what you're talking about for the second, and it's a Javascript miner. Adblockers can block it IIRC.
Stop quoting my whole post just to argue a phrase from it.
  • I said Even means Bitcoin is not an exception.
  • An Easy Resource beacause it will not be used the way it was designed.

And do a research on botnets.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129
Bitcoin FTW!
December 27, 2017, 02:16:25 PM
I don't know but the name "BiblePay" seems a bit off.
Sure will gather the religious, but will surely piss off most of them (intellectual ones).
Problem is these coins are infested with botnets mining on them making mining not very profitable in most cases. You'll make some coin but not as much as with GPU mining. Viruses and a couple hundred or thousand ARM /x86 processors hashing away easily beats out any single cpu.
This happens quite a lot with profitable coins, even with bitcoin.
The most remarkable one is Monero which has an unaffiliated "anti-advertising" API that was readily available for website developers.
That however became an easy resource for Hackers to exploit background mining.
Why would any 'hacker' target Bitcoin for mining? Difficulty on the BTC chain is so high there's no point in doing so, and when the first few mining viruses came out, CPU mining was still not viable. Coinhive is what you're talking about for the second, and it's a Javascript miner. Adblockers can block it IIRC.
Pages:
Jump to: