Pages:
Author

Topic: CRC: Crazy Rabbit Coin : AKA Bitcoin Testnet - The best Alt coin there is? - page 3. (Read 6549 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Jack of oh so many trades.
Standing by, ready to get minin'!
Activity: 144
Merit: 100
Hey rabbit you make a lot of good friends.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
would a 5ltc gift make me a friend? lol
Activity: 631
Merit: 501
May I please mine on your chain  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
ohhh please send me premine details I will be your friend Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022
legendary
Activity: 1632
Merit: 1010
I'm already mining!

BUT- it's not going to be what you think. It will be a nice/funny surprise.

In the end, I decided to stick with SHA-256 for the time being- retask something that already exists. Lets see what happens. There is a fix though for the difficulty issue that TRC encountered- if there have been no blocks for a certain amount of short time, the difficulty will readjust to 1. This will allow for crazy/wild difficulty fluctuations. But my hope is that it will look like a sine-wave and will become predictable in it's movement. It's a real experiment.

There is a special secret social factor that might (might) keep it from being 51% at the beginning. It will be interesting to see what happens. There will be indeed a great amount of pressure to "move the chain" however. I'll explain later.

The goal of the 'crc' is similar to that of TRC- to help people learn about Bitcoin, about using Bitcoin and making services for Bitcoin- all without actually using Bitcoin. Maybe even make a coin or two in profit along the way.

:-)

Pm me some windows magic for this? ill throw some hashes at it
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
Here are some new requirements I'm thinking about for the coin:

1) All-Star Dev team: All the devs are already lined up. They are good. Fast, responsive, serious and will be taking care of the protocol.
2) Forum: this is important so we don't always have to clog the alt-forum up. I'm working on this.
3) Plug-and-Play with Bitcoin: This was one of the features that I really liked about Terracoin, the ability to build apps and services that could be plug and play for Bitcoin. It's important to me that people learn about crypto with this alt-chain, and can apply that knowledge back to bitcoin. I'd like to help neutralize the argument that alt-chains drain brain power from bitcoin.
4) Different Address format: No more sending your coins to the wrong blockchain address. The address format will be different.
5) SHA-256: I know I was thinking scrypt/sha mix, but the reasons for going for SHA-256 will become obvious when it's announced.
6) Mailing list for Dev Team: You will be able to be in touch with the devs to talk serious questions. The forum will be for 'consumer level' questions.
7) Multi-Sig: I don't know how many alt-coins implement this yet, Terracoin has it and it's important.
Cool Secret Sauce
9) More secret Sauce. :-)

There will be working block explorers and faucets already up and running when I make a formal announcement plus tutorials on how to solo mine. I may reset the terrawallet to work as an instawallet for this.

The community will probably be split about having an exchange- I will let others make that decision and I will focus on promoting the chain itself.

Still looking for pool operators to be ready to go, although the difficulty will be low enough (at the start) that solo-mining will work well.

Any requests?

It won't be ASIC proof as we need ASIC's for security. However there maybe a social element that protects the coin at the start.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
urggg, release it already...  I need the rush of large amounts of virtual coins filling my virtual wallet.  None of that .01 coin here or .0001 coin there.  Big number you hear BIG!
legendary
Thats because ASICMiner already has its Predator style laser sights on it and is actively firing explosive hashing projectiles.

But seriously, as much as I love the name CrazyRabbitCoin, I hope this is just a crypto-joke and not something anyone takes seriously, for everyones sake.

It will be more interesting then that. More a philosophical thing then just a 'pump and dump'.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 500
Thats because ASICMiner already has its Predator style laser sights on it and is actively firing explosive hashing projectiles.

But seriously, as much as I love the name CrazyRabbitCoin, I hope this is just a crypto-joke and not something anyone takes seriously, for everyones sake.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na
Difficulty is shooting up quick!
legendary
I'm already mining!

merged mining?

Nope, but it's possible.
Activity: 10
I'm already mining!

merged mining?
legendary
Activity: 1596
definitely interested in pre mining this Smiley
legendary
I'm already mining!

In the end, I decided to stick with SHA-256 for the time being- retask something that already exists. Lets see what happens. There is a fix though for the difficulty issue that TRC encountered- if there have been no blocks for a certain amount of short time, the difficulty will readjust to 1. This will allow for crazy/wild difficulty fluctuations. But my hope is that it will look like a sine-wave and will become predictable in it's movement. It's a real experiment.

There is a special secret social factor that might (might) keep it from being 51% at the beginning. It will be interesting to see what happens. There will be indeed a great amount of pressure to "move the chain" however. I'll explain later.

The goal of the 'crc' is similar to that of TRC- to help people learn about Bitcoin, about using Bitcoin and making services for Bitcoin- all without actually using Bitcoin. Maybe even make a coin or two in profit along the way.

:-)
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022
Don't premine. Just release it!

no I like the Crazy rabbit pre mine and distribute equally to bitmessage address resposne...makes it different
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Don't dwell in the past, don't dream of the future
Don't premine. Just release it!
Activity: 10
I fork this coin. Will post about it after all my friends pre-mine
legendary
Activity: 1632
Hmmm,

So how quickly would you want CRC to be on CCE, the largest Alt-coin explorer site in the world?  Cheesy

How much pre-mining licensing is it worth, for that kind of exposure??.. Tongue

I agree... I would push the coin too, and help other ways.. like test-mining, but not on any kind of testnet... Pre-test-premine-mining
Pages:
Jump to: