Pages:
Author

Topic: Credit card firm cuts off nation's No. 1 gun store --- for selling guns - page 2. (Read 2165 times)

Activity: 174
Merit: 100
Separation of currency and state.
It is illegal to sell weapons to a minor. Pink guns are for women, and any parents that give their children a gun are not correctly thinking, and breaking the law

Ha. My little brother shot his first deer at 11 years old, with his deer rifle. He owns an arsenal now, numerous rifles, shotguns, and a revolver, at 17.  He's one of the most responsible gun owners I've ever met of any age.

And pink guns aren't "for women," pink guns are for people who like pink. Duh.

And it's not illegal to provide your son or daughter with a firearm, it's just illegal for a shop to sell them one without the parent there to sign for it.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
This is still surreal to me, buying guns online with credit card...
For the benefit of people reading this thread from other countries, here is the way it works in the USA.

To receive guns from mail or post you must have a FFL - Federal Firearms License.  A person with FFL can receive guns from factory, distributors or other FFL.  These guys must adhere to both the federal and state law.

For me as a private citizen to send a gun to a buyer in another state, I would drop it off at the office of a FFL, pay him a small fee like $25USD and the shipping costs.  The person buying it from me would go to his designated FFL, pick it up and pay his small fee.  At that time that FFL would execute the NICS FBI background check on the receiving individual.  Hyatt Gun would have shipped to FFL only.  Mail order sales would be expected to be specialty items that were not available locally - this process costs about $100 more than a local dealer sale - although the mail order may not pay local sales tax.

So the story here is that Hyatt Gun - doing everything legally and correctly - ran into a problem where someone in Visa management simply didn't like guns.  

There is no story here whatsoever that Visa knew better, or had found a flaw in the system.  There MAY BE a story here of propaganda value, that is about it.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250

It is not the worst thing....

Buying it with CC, or btc or whatsoever...
What makes me sick is that some people are selling guns to children (like 4 or 5 years old).

Then even make pink guns for ladies... I mean girls....

I heard that one young American boy killed his young sister with that oO

It is illegal to sell weapons to a minor. Pink guns are for women, and any parents that give their children a gun are not correctly thinking, and breaking the law
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

What makes me sick is that some people are selling guns to children (like 4 or 5 years old).

Yap, I've watched somewhere a young girl with a pink Hello Kitty rifle, a small rifle, small as in for children hands...
Activity: 350
Merit: 250

legendary

I don't believe you can have your guns shipped to you via FedEx. You need to go to the shop in person, with a background check done while you wait. That would take a few minutes. When you buy your gun online they ship it to the gun store nearest to you if they don't have the model you want in stock.

I am not a gun owner so I could be wrong.

Yeah, I guess it will depend on what state you are, but I'm from a country with tight gun control and the "every one can have a gun" it's pretty weird to me...
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
minds.com/Wilikon

I don't believe you can have your guns shipped to you via FedEx. You need to go to the shop in person, with a background check done while you wait. That would take a few minutes. When you buy your gun online they ship it to the gun store nearest to you if they don't have the model you want in stock.

I am not a gun owner so I could be wrong.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
minds.com/Wilikon
http://washingtonexaminer.com/visa-subsidiary-cuts-off-nations-largest-gun-store-for-selling-guns/article/2536417

***BitPay and others! Your move!***

A subsidiary of Visa, a key Obama campaign donor, that specializes in credit card transactions has abruptly stopped servicing the nation’s largest gun store after four years because the store sells guns, a fact the owners never hid.

Hyatt Gun Shop of Charlotte, N.C., told Secrets that the subsidiary, Authorize.net/CyberSource, simply sent an email to owner Larry Hyatt to announce that it was suddenly breaking off the business relationship. The reason: “The sale of firearms or any similar product.”

The company email said that gun sales violated a section of the service agreement the two signed over four years ago and after Hyatt went into detail about its sales and products -- and name.

“We’ve never seen anything like this,” said Justin Anderson, Hyatt’s marketing director. He said it took a week and thousands of dollars to line up a “gun friendly” credit card processor for online sales.
Pages:
Jump to: