Pages:
Author

Topic: Cryoptocurrency is now movable property in France. - page 2. (Read 429 times)

Activity: 175
Merit: 2
It is a good new to all cryptocurrency enthusiast. This news will make cryto great again. I am expecting a bull run after the release of the news. The clock is ticking before another all time high in coinmarketcap strikes again.
Somehow this news can contributes. We will expect remarkable rise of price in the next few months.
Activity: 644
Merit: 250
It is a good new to all cryptocurrency enthusiast. This news will make cryto great again. I am expecting a bull run after the release of the news. The clock is ticking before another all time high in coinmarketcap strikes again.
This could be good for tax purposes as capital gains tax is better than income tax, but to not be recognised as a currency could be a problem for mass adoption. It needs to be used to purchase items so without the right framework it will be difficult to implement crypto in the economy

I think is not yet a concern. For example gold can be a currency and a property.  The purchase power of crypto is possible.
Activity: 630
Merit: 100
This could be good for tax purposes as capital gains tax is better than income tax, but to not be recognised as a currency could be a problem for mass adoption. It needs to be used to purchase items so without the right framework it will be difficult to implement crypto in the economy
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
can someone please explain in simple terms what does this mean for the crypto community?
Activity: 238
Merit: 11
this is somewhat a sad thing though. but it is expected since the altcoins are not really currencies despite what their name suggests. so it is only logical to consider them as property, commodity, security,... instead of considering them as a currency.
bitcoin is a whole different story though. even in Japan they only accepted bitcoin as a currency not the altcoins.

Why different story with bitcoin? As I am aware of even people are using it to trade and earn money in the process since in the reality price is volatile. Yes you can find and buy real useful things with it but on overall basis even if you buy some stuff with it, the merchant, the seller will most likely go and transfer to fiat. Fiat is safer in terms that you still need it to pay off your basic needs and because most likely you have to pay somebody else in the process of selling. I still think that bitcoin is more like an asset, for instance when we are going into the bull run, when FOMO kicks in, you can clearly see that there are many more transactions on the network, at least this shows you for what is it being used, to buy altcoins and gamble there.
Activity: 364
That's not good news. I think one of the main advantages of cryptocurrency is anonymity. Although legalization has its advantages.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
It is hard to say that cryptocurrency can be a real currency.
Because the liquidity of these tokens is very poor, most of the time only the value of speculation.
something in the article caught my attention: "Also in March, France’s financial market regulator was reported to be looking into legislation that would encourage the development of Initial Coin Offerings (ICO)." I think it's a good idea to regulate ICOs as a measure to counter scammers and such.

Crytocurrency in Japan is already widely accepted. Now France is making move on the improvement of Crypto. That's really good news that they want the ICO to be improved.
Activity: 322
something in the article caught my attention: "Also in March, France’s financial market regulator was reported to be looking into legislation that would encourage the development of Initial Coin Offerings (ICO)." I think it's a good idea to regulate ICOs as a measure to counter scammers and such.
On my opinion cryptocurrencies today cannot be considered as currency. We buy/sell this actually using fiat. Taxing it is fair enough. This have no difference on conventional business.
France give a fair tax percentage (19%) to its Citizens.
Activity: 568
Merit: 254
This something to ponder.
France consider a cryptocurrency is a movable property.
It is consider as a property instead of currency.
https://cointelegraph.com/news/france-crypto-is-now-moveable-property-tax-down-from-45-to-19-percent
This is the sign that no one can stop cryptocurrency from booming. It is inevitable and any country that will again cryptocurrency will regret it later. They need to catch up with the technology or else they will lose the chance to be one of the pioneer in the industry.
Activity: 168
This something to ponder.
France consider a cryptocurrency is a movable property.
It is consider as a property instead of currency.
https://cointelegraph.com/news/france-crypto-is-now-moveable-property-tax-down-from-45-to-19-percent

Interesting, why not digital assets like in most countries?
Activity: 616
Merit: 279
2. Let's say you buy GBP with EURO, if GBP increases in value compared to EURO does that mean you are making a profit and should be taxed? Of course not.
Yes because you get income and it is taxed
What income do you get? You just exchanged your money in a different currency. I'm not saying you convert it back to EURO or even if you do it shouldn't be taxed.

If GBP devalues compared to the EURO do you report the loss anywhere? I don't think you get any compensation from the government when you lose money now, do you?
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
kind of funny if responding to the policies that are applied to this country. somehow the way their minds. It is certainly very contrary to what happened in Japan. just look at how the State of the crypto there. where they are very outstanding free and it also helps the Japanese economy being highly life without problems.
Activity: 266
Merit: 41
Once countries realise they can't ignore crypto, then they will legislate to ensure they get their "cut" of it.  Whether that is capital gains tax (as a tangible asset) or income tax (when seen as a currency), each country will do what they can to ensure they get whatever they can. 

That is the beauty of privacy coins... once a marketplace exists (eg. SAFEX later in the year), then buying untraceable goods and services will allow us to keep our crypto to ourselves.
in my country unfortunately cryptocurrency is not regulated because the legislation has not been amended accordingly, except for taxation .. it's awful.

It's not a good idea to amend the law just for the sake of crypto. It should be add or pass another law just for the taxation of crypto.
I think Executive Order is enough.

Isn't that a good news to those in France for crypto to be considered a property.

Why not?  Cryopto is sold on fiat and investors gain a fiat. There is no distinction on conventional business.
And 19% tax is fair enough. 
Activity: 9
This is huge. Wow. Tres bon haha
The biggest bonus from this is, if you live in France and are a cryptocurrency investor or trader is the reduce amount of tax you now have to pay on your profits. 45% down to 19% is a huge win for bigger investors.

That's good thing. That huge tax been trim on crypto. It a good thing on crypto happening around the world.
Pages:
Jump to: