Pages:
Author

Topic: Cryoptocurrency is now movable property in France. - page 3. (Read 429 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 100
France is one of the big countries that has always been in favor of the cryptocurrency sector, considering them as a mobile property means paying taxes and then legalizing them. I hope that the example of this country will also be taken by many other governments, and a general regulation of the sector will be reached as soon as possible
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO
in my country unfortunately cryptocurrency is not regulated because the legislation has not been amended accordingly, except for taxation .. it's awful.
Activity: 658
Merit: 100
Until recently, cryptocurrencies were simple games and speculations of little value, now for governments become mobile properties. I think it's good news, because it means to recognize their value, and France is working on a regulation of the cryptocurrency sector from what I read
Activity: 882
Merit: 301
On the good side, it is accepted by the government and not being banned. On the not so good side, it is not considered as a currency which is what digital currencies are meant to be.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
This is still bad news for the crypto world...

Crypto currencies are currencies, as the name says, to be used as electronic payment and should not be taxed.

Why not? People are buying cryptocurrency with national fiats so the government loosing something in that business. It should be taxed
Activity: 630
Merit: 256
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Thats the coolest thing ever happened to any country in the world. God dam they have decreased the charges of tax from ATH 45% to all the way down to 19%. Thats just miracle for the francis people. I mean here is my country who is not even able to decide whether they should be allowing the use of Bitcoin or not and there is france, making it perfectly legal and managed.

Yeah thats the news we should here about the cryto currencies all the time.
Activity: 406
Merit: 101
Decentralized Digital Billboards
This is still bad news for the crypto world...
Crypto currencies are currencies, as the name says, to be used as electronic payment and should not be taxed.
I think the news is not entirely bad because France’s Conseil d’Etat has reduced the tax rate from 45% to 19%

1. If you buy GBP with EURO, is GBP considered to be movable property? Of course not.
Personally I don't think of it as movable property

2. Let's say you buy GBP with EURO, if GBP increases in value compared to EURO does that mean you are making a profit and should be taxed? Of course not.
Yes because you get income and it is taxed
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
Investing in altcoins are profitable and good for long term but there are few things to consider before investing to make sure the coin you're going to choose is unlikely to be delisted in exchanges after few months or years. The coin should be valuable and has uses with features that can help real problem. Usually new investors prefer to hodl the popular ones or belong to top 10 of CMC. I have eth, neo, ltc, monero and ripple in my crypto-portfolio and planning to add additional coins if I have the capital.
I suggest dont rely with our suggestions and do your own research because its important to have your own knowledge and understanding in the particular coin you want to invest in.
Activity: 246
Merit: 10
The biggest bonus from this is, if you live in France and are a cryptocurrency investor or trader is the reduce amount of tax you now have to pay on your profits. 45% down to 19% is a huge win for bigger investors.

But before that law does they have to pay any taxes? Taxation is a pretty fair thing for cryptocurrency but I bet some traders now loosing money
copper member
Activity: 364
Merit: 1
The biggest bonus from this is, if you live in France and are a cryptocurrency investor or trader is the reduce amount of tax you now have to pay on your profits. 45% down to 19% is a huge win for bigger investors.

Isn't that a good news to those in France for crypto to be considered a property.
Activity: 182
2 benefit with this order -
1st is now crypto have a legal status there , so no doubt of ban .
2nd is sharp reduction in taxes to be paid on these coins .
Activity: 174
Merit: 10
Private Banking & Trading Platform: Wealth Managem
This something to ponder.
France consider a cryptocurrency is a movable property.
It is consider as a property instead of currency.
https://cointelegraph.com/news/france-crypto-is-now-moveable-property-tax-down-from-45-to-19-percent
Great news for those living there,and good news for the people who are using our platform as it is another step for the massive adoption.I do believe that this is much more easier than what we are expected,as long as theres new countries that are adopting cryptocurrencies  there will still be some progress to grow slowly but surely.
Activity: 616
Merit: 279
Interesting "land of the free" the United States and Australia are Smiley I'm sorry for you guys.

Although, I wasn't saying you need to convert GBP back to EURO to get your profits as you wouldn't need to do that with crypto currency either. You use it to buy things online and if you need to exchange it back to FIAT the exchanges would be taxed and you would pay a commission.

Either way, I see there are some thresholds in place for FIAT exchanges and those should be the same for crypto too.
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
this is somewhat a sad thing though. but it is expected since the altcoins are not really currencies despite what their name suggests. so it is only logical to consider them as property, commodity, security,... instead of considering them as a currency.
bitcoin is a whole different story though. even in Japan they only accepted bitcoin as a currency not the altcoins.

Who cares what they think as long as we don't need to ask their opinion? Person A sells his product to Person B. Person B pays in BTC, Person A gets his money and delivers the product to Person B. As long as they don't touch to government ill money (FIAT), nobody cares what the government thinks.

Nobody would give a damn If they classified BTC as gold v2.0. Maybe a little at first.

Tax-wise, It is positive news though for those who've been thinking to get back in FIAT nightmare.

Meanwhile Bank of France puts this on youtube:

The Banque de France’s view on bitcoin and other crypto-assets
Activity: 201
This is very good news! Crypto currency is distributed to the whole world, which indicates the success of the currency
Soon we will all forget about old currencies and will only use crypto currency)
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
https://cointelegraph.com/news/france-crypto-is-now-moveable-property-tax-down-from-45-to-19-percent

France is now ruled that cryptocurrency sales are in principle of the category of capital gains of movable property with some exemption. Movable property refers to tangible and intangible assets. France is generally supportive of cryptocurrencies and the country will take a lead  in regulation.
Does it mean we have something to celebrate here?though i was thinking about what if france accept crypto as currency instead of  property?since currency is more functional than a property..but its better that they are recognized because its a positive thing and maybe a start of someting to expect in future
Activity: 31

it is a good news. I like to hear that. the country should accept bitcoin. no reason to refuse the crypto currency. bitcoin is the future currency.
Activity: 490
Merit: 11
This is very, very good news, probably such decisions are made after Germany decided to use bitcoin quite on legal grounds, I hope this news will respond positively to the price of bitcoin
Activity: 588
Merit: 252
The problem here is that due to the dual faces of Cryptoasset we are going to see many countries with different definitions of the asset. About the reduction in tax, I don't think there is much to be celebrated here because this seems to be an average tax in most of the countries
Activity: 476
Merit: 259
That's a great news as it also decreases the tax rate for France citizens.
It's weird that we are happy that they now recognize it as a property as all the bitcoin supporters wants their bitcoin to be considered and called a currency other then an asset, but the regulators change our mind with their absolutely ridiculous tax rate
Pages:
Jump to: