Pages:
Author

Topic: Crypto After Death? - page 10. (Read 20776 times)

Activity: 896
Merit: 102
October 14, 2018, 06:30:34 AM
This problem and many other solve ETFs.
ETFs will help big investors to safe their Bitcoins on safe place, the funds are insured and also it is much easier to inherit crypto ETFs.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 101
October 14, 2018, 06:22:41 AM
Heh, a good one. Well most of the closely related folks of a crypto holder are probably aware of that person's interests/doings so they have some idea about it. If I was in their position I would definitely tear apart the room of the deceased and sniff out any seed word sheets and similar.
Activity: 749
Merit: 13
October 14, 2018, 04:59:34 AM
if we are married we can tell the story about the assets that we have and we place it anywhere. And that helps a little is we have friend that can be trust and also know about crypto. So if we've died that friend can help our families to take the asset.
Activity: 954
Merit: 104
ludenaprotocol.io
October 14, 2018, 04:57:00 AM
Have you ever wondered what will happen to your cryptocurrency when you die, for those holding huge funds, what have you put in place to make sure your kids or family benefit from your crypto savings.
This is quite fascinating because if you know someone with huge crypto savings and he gave up the ghost, I wonder how such families would benefit from his savings since he alone has the private key to his/her wallet.
I guess this is one reason some user still prefer banking Institutions, because they made provision for next of kin unlike crypto.
So my question is what happen to those crypto when the owner of such wallet is no more and no one has access to such wallet?
You should be clever enough to protect your private keys from hackers and natural disasters (paper wallet - fire) but you also should inform the family about where you have your money (cryptocurrencies) stored.
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
October 14, 2018, 04:52:55 AM
How many people have already lost their secret keys and data from wallets,especially when no one believes and cost a penny,the people so treated them,and now it is generally recommended to store on a flash drive all the data,and then it is better to pass to the family,just by writing the password on a piece of paper,and thenAnd Yes no man on earth now is someone to trust such things.
Activity: 560
Merit: 22
October 14, 2018, 04:41:02 AM
I believe a few blockchain projects are actually working on this and Safe Haven (a Vechain dapp) seems to be progressing nicely (with support of the EU and more great partnerships).

But besides the legal framework, it is perhaps a good thing to explain the ins and outs of crypto to your next of kin, including workings of 2fa, how to access exchanges, wallets and such. I know of people that have a usb stick with everything on it in a safe at a bank....including help files and such, even videos Smiley.

Do know that once you are gone, nobody can access if they don't have the means to do so.....and also....'huge portfolio owners' aren't the only people that should look into it. Crypto is just starting, maybe your portfolio is huge too sooner or later...
Activity: 404
October 14, 2018, 04:31:00 AM
The idea of crypto and after death with the living gong and the dead with existing property. In my opinion, we are keeping our fortune on our wallets and by Bitcoin and other currencies nothing is difficult. If you always have backup and write all the information and guidance for your children, your wife knows about it. Even more careful if you can switch to dollars, it is easier for the survivors. And i think the market crypto as well as Bitcoin will be better than the bank when it is convenient and secure as well as easy more  the bank.
Activity: 775
Merit: 11
October 14, 2018, 04:26:39 AM
then the coin will still left untouch until someone can find out the private key, i think we should share something important with someone so when something happen to us there will be someone finish your unfinished task
Activity: 784
Merit: 250
October 14, 2018, 04:12:29 AM
Crypto will continue to be in the wallet as long as no one knows the private key. This is the very least important things which must have at least a trusted person to inherit assets (private key) that are owned and science so that what is in the wallet is not destroyed by needlessly. would be quite unfortunate if assets of crypto should be left without owners which anyone can open the result.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 253
October 14, 2018, 04:08:24 AM
If you want them to have to have your earnings and investments better give them your private keys or you could just hire some and make a last will with the private keys into it. If you want them to inherit it better educate the ones who will inherit it about crypto.
Activity: 966
Merit: 250
October 14, 2018, 03:59:44 AM

I think you think too much about something that hasn't happened, especially you are a bounty hunter who actually doesn't suffer losses if it happens.
my advice, focus on what you are doing and seek experience to develop your knowledge, especially in terms of trade.
Activity: 2268
Merit: 121
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
October 14, 2018, 03:47:31 AM

maybe it will be very important for those who have large enough funds to provide information to their immediate family, but at the moment I do not have that and do not need to think about it.
Activity: 336
Merit: 1
October 14, 2018, 02:47:43 AM
A few days ago I discussed again with my friends about this, and still produced the same answer. No one can inherit, unless previously the password has been notified to someone who has been notified or an heir. And it really will be like a house without inhabitants forever.
 Huh
Activity: 688
Merit: 101
October 13, 2018, 10:28:22 PM
Have you ever wondered what will happen to your cryptocurrency when you die, for those holding huge funds, what have you put in place to make sure your kids or family benefit from your crypto savings.
for me i will make a full tutorials on how do they claim my fund, and a few introductions of crypto so that they can have a few knowledge, so they can decide if they want to continue my business in crypto or not.

I guess this is one reason some user still prefer banking Institutions, because they made provision for next of kin unlike crypto.
yes thats true, but if you want to hide your identity as anonymous and dont want to let others knows your real assets, they go to crypto.

So my question is what happen to those crypto when the owner of such wallet is no more and no one has access to such wallet?

i think the crypto inside that wallet will remain untouchables forever, unless theres is someone who gets the private key to access it and get the fund inside.
Activity: 322
Merit: 2
October 13, 2018, 10:01:38 PM
That was an awkward topic yet true. For me, I would certainly teach my child on to get along in crypto while I am still alive and hopefully when he/she's ready, I can give him/her my credentials.
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
October 13, 2018, 06:43:30 PM
I do not think that death will come to cryptocurrency. It actually carries much more potential. What it seems at first glance. So that it is necessary to take into account all the subtleties but not to go too far. In such thoughts.
Activity: 882
Merit: 297
October 13, 2018, 04:59:04 PM
This is quite fascinating because if you know someone with huge crypto savings and he gave up the ghost, I wonder how such families would benefit from his savings since he alone has the private key to his/her wallet.

Why even in Crypto if you have stored all your information in pendrive or any other sources, whose details you should given to your nearones or your family, so that if you die they can access your cryptocoins and get benefited. That is why it is clearly given information that you should tell your family and friends about cryptocurrency and should guide them how it works and when you are not their they can get access to your coins and get benefited.

If no one gets access to your wallets then the coins will be dead for ever until anyone have got any way of cracking this dead wallet then only it can get access until then they are dead wallets with coins loaded.
Activity: 168
Merit: 1
October 13, 2018, 04:38:06 PM
i  think  there  will   be  a  huge  disappointment  for  all  and especially  for those  who  are holding big  moneys  but  i  think  the only solution  is by  storing  passwords  and  to  trust someone ,.

Your idea is still ok, keeping password and also a clue to your relatives or families, and also there is good needs to give your relatives orientation about what crypto is all about in general cus that part is very vital.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
October 13, 2018, 07:23:24 AM
Warning! User Qiuyue201 is using stolen account!

Cancel all his bounties etc.!

Hello, scammer.

You stole my account. I am reporting this form now on to all the bounties you are attemptimg to participate in (but I am doing it at the last of the bounty so you have to work for nothing). Also reporting to all the prevoiuos bounties that ended and you were not paid for them yet. Also reporting to Bitcointalk administration that you are using my stolen account. This is second time it happened to me. Not sure if you were last time or someone else, but this time I am asking them to ban all your accouints if you have any multi accounts.

And then it can be considered as a lost coin. remember no one can access it and that means the amounts of token will always in that wallet. this case has already happened with bitcoin. It will decrease the total supply of bitcoin because any lost coin with various reasons can't be opened again.
Activity: 378
October 11, 2018, 07:17:23 AM
i  think  there  will   be  a  huge  disappointment  for  all  and especially  for those  who  are holding big  moneys  but  i  think  the only solution  is by  storing  passwords  and  to  trust someone ,.
Pages:
Jump to: