Pages:
Author

Topic: Crypto is a poor form of money for terrorists. - page 3. (Read 2122 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 10
ONe Social Network.
In fact, bitcoin and other cryptos need network access to be used, which would be extremely dangerous for extremists since they can be traced easily, even if most cryptos are anonymous, equally, cash is always better and safer for them, so those excuses of terrorist financing are absurd.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
It is not used mainly for terrorist, they use any form and sorts of currency just to get money. Unfortunately it cannot be stopped and cannot be controlled. Crypto is not made for them it is just we nobody can handle them in any type of market
copper member
Activity: 294
Merit: 1
I agree in part with your assertion here.
Terrorists sponsors seem to be more at home with using cryptocurrency in carrying out the activities.
With cryptocurrency they can wire a large sum of money away from the prying eye of the government.
Although those of them that carry out the attacks may not familiar with cryptocurrency but their coordinators prefer cryptocurrency because of the leverage it gives them and the anonymity too.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 281
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Inter-country bitcoin transactions will never succeed in their country, but I think terrorists get the units they want from a structured process, they only get their will in the form of actual goods, while there are active funders who have branches in other countries as a liaison , and funders are people who use real bitcoin. so their system runs so complicated because it is not direct between countries and between buyers and sellers.
Activity: 303
Merit: 12
yes, of course because the terrorists only prioritize cash do not need crypto money because the crypto money can only be accessed by users except the hackers who really understand how to process cryto money which really needs to be exchanged in advance.
Activity: 84
Maybe there are some people love to use bitcoin for illegal activities it doesn't mean bitcoin is responsible for that. Bad guys also can use fiat currency for an illegal purpose.this is one the reason for banning bitcoin in many countries but in reality, bitcoin is the source for making development.
Terrorists do not always use crypto money to finance their activities, because of terrorist financial sources from various sources. One of them is interbank transfers disguised in business transactions using accounts of companies that have legal businesses. Or manage a company where profits are obtained for terrorist operations. Crypto money is only one of them.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
I agree, Crypto is a form of money that is bad for terrorists. I, we terrorists use fiat currency, although many say that it is used for terrorist funding, and I am a hoax, such news is deliberately made to drop bitcoin
Activity: 679
Merit: 254
Terrorists have existed and developed before the existence of crypto, and they are generally involved in buying goods for their activities using fiat money. I think it is true that crypto is a form of money that is bad for terrorists, because not all goods that are their main needs can be purchased using crypto, and the existence of crypto does not benefit terrorists, but benefits those who make money laundering, crypto must protect himself from the presence of individuals who tried illegal activities such as money laundering using crypto.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 311
I think this is the main reason why the government rejects bitcoin because they are worried about the misuse of bitcoin being used in crime and terrorism

but now every exchange that provides fiat pair requires users to do KYC
so this will help the government to monitor users
and also they have to sell their bitcoin to fiat first before they can buy various weapons, this takes longer than they get funds with fiat money
that's why bitcoin is not suitable for terrorists

And that's why governments don't want bitcoin to become a payment system. If bitcoin is used as a payment system, people don't need to change their bitcoin to fiat first.
that's right, because of that the government hasn't legalized bitcoin to be used as a payment tool because what the government fears is by legalizing bitcoin to be used as a payment instrument it will definitely be misused by irresponsible parties such as buying and selling weapons, drugs and money laundering as well
Activity: 28
Besides, on the blockchain everything is documented. So surely they can be traced? That's what I would have initially thought. I would have thought crypto currency would be a bane, rather than a boon, for terrorism.
Activity: 84
Crypto is in no way more dangerous than any other currency or asset. Everything else is tales for the public.
Activity: 405
Merit: 105
this is one of the reasons why many countries prohibit the use of bitcoin, they fear bicoin is misused by irresponsible people, so the government has difficulty in overcoming it, and the decision is made with the prohibition of bitcoin. We must stay away from criminal things in using bitcoin. .

That was totally true. People in underground world or in black market often misused the bitcoin or other cryptocurrency that is why it becomes a poor currency for them. They can use it freely because no one has a control in it not even the governments. The terrorist or other criminal people prefer to use it in transactions for a reason that as what other says it is untraceable. Because of that, government have a hard time legalizing it due to it can be a way for the illegal things.
Activity: 78
A cryptocurrency is an option for illegal transactions in this world. But this does not mean that it makes the world worse. The use of FIAT for illegal sales is still taking place every day, and you can not say all because of Crypto.
Use of crypto currencies by terrorists and other criminals due to anonymous factors. Though terrorists get funds from anywhere, including fiat money by using banking services throughout the world. So it cannot be interpreted that bitcoin is bad, or bitcoin is full of criminals. Because all are part of financial transactions, where good and bad become one.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
I honestly find this article to be a complete bogus. Crypto is not for jihadis or terrorists. And even if it was, the main countres that we consider to be a hub for terrorists, over there crypto are banned. And there are parts in some countries where there are not even access to clean water, let alone have access to the equpment to get engaged in the crypto market

ISIS is defeated and people in islamic countries are more worried about lack of work and money than extremists blowing up their houses.
What made you say that?
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/nov/5/elimination-isis-could-take-years-pentagon-inspect/
Have you read about the article above and what do you think? ISIS cells and networks are very wide and they are supported by sympathizers of the extremist organization before.
Don't always identify Muslim countries with poor countries or people who only care about money, many Muslims also pay attention to this because it’s a parasite that grows and multiplies in their groups, and think how ISIS can upload videos and photos of their actions if they have difficulty accessing the internet? Because ISIS sympathizers are widespread, open your eyes.
Activity: 1193
Merit: 251
It’s true underworld peoples are using crypto for their internal transaction because no one can control this crypto market even government also can't control this market. That’s why al Qaeda and Islamic State and other terrorist groups are using crypto.

Where did you get this information?Personally, I have not seen in any source about the use of cryptocurrency by terrorists.I agree that in crypto there are as many good and many bad people.But if it is as you say then in this case I want the regulation of cryptocurrencies to happen.So that no one had a desire to use cryptocurrency in bad things.Spreading such news, many potential users of the cryptocurrency will simply refuse to use it.
Activity: 868
Merit: 502
No but crypto is for all,we can use it either we are poor or rich but there are some people that using it for illegal activities such as hiring criminal by also paying bitcoin,so if you are using this make sure that you will use it for goods.
I suppose I did not catch anyone by the hand. In essence, this news is not supported by anything. Maybe someone uses cryptocurrency for not good purposes, but mostly Bitcoin attracts good people, with good intentions.
Activity: 292
Harmony for One and All
A cryptocurrency is an option for illegal transactions in this world. But this does not mean that it makes the world worse. The use of FIAT for illegal sales is still taking place every day, and you can not say all because of Crypto.
The use of FIAT for illegal transactions is still taking place daily among criminals, without any preventive measures. Therefore, using Bitcoin for these transactions only reduces the risk, but it is also difficult to control. Whatever the choice, the illegal activities continue.

this is a vicious circle that cannot be solved instantly with only one very basic rule because there are always gaps that can be manipulated in such a way, the Government is also aware that fiat cannot be 100% monitored, and bitcoin adds to the situation becomes more complicated.

But if regulations continue to be developed, there will always be an MoU from every important meeting like G20 etc, to be harder in suppressing illegality that occurs, at least this is better than nothing.
Activity: 250
Maybe there are some people love to use bitcoin for illegal activities it doesn't mean bitcoin is responsible for that. Bad guys also can use fiat currency for an illegal purpose.this is one the reason for banning bitcoin in many countries but in reality, bitcoin is the source for making development.
Activity: 664
Merit: 100
📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCA
The use of FIAT for illegal transactions is still taking place daily among criminals, without any preventive measures. Therefore, using Bitcoin for these transactions only reduces the risk, but it is also difficult to control. Whatever the choice, the illegal activities continue.
Activity: 334
Merit: 1
I don't think that crypto is also used by terrorists, indeed terrorists have many networks but don't think that far. Crypto is still a good tool for developing well so that it can be used by anyone who can use it.
Pages:
Jump to: