Pages:
Author

Topic: Crypto is a poor form of money for terrorists. - page 6. (Read 2122 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 10
yes i agree with this statement. since bitcoin is not a ready on cash to buy some stuffs, terrorist cannot be attached with cryptocurrency and they cant use it either. however if they use it as for online payments maybe they can use it, but not to buy some stuffs for their activity.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
PlayGame.com
hmm, at the first time I think they use bitcoin and cryptocurrencies to send and receive the fund, because I think its not trackable and anonymous so the terrorist and bad people can use this for their main currency, they can send the fund across the country in fast and low fee than other platform,
Activity: 224
Merit: 2
cryptocurrency is barely a decade, and terrorism is an old as mankind itself, so cryptocurrency shouldn't be viewed as a means of financing terrorism because even before the emergence of cryptocurrency, terrorism has already been financed globally.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 642
Yeah they do deal with cash and it is in USD. Grin
Are you even sure that they are the terrorist and not the US government? Grin
You might want to look at that deeper.

About the crypto thing as a poor means for them. Actually it is the vice versa of it.
It could be the best way to transact without even knowing who the buyer is. Creepy. It may be the US who will buy it for them so that war wont stoo and cash will be coming continously.
Activity: 882
Merit: 297
Crypto is not suitable for jihadists who are fighting in the battlefield. but I think crypto is suitable for terrorists who master technology, a terrorist of hackers, like anonymous.

in my opinion, jihadists also have members who have master technology, even for the crypto world.

but, globally, jihadists get weapons by snatching from enemies.

I think you are getting wrong, Jihadist and Terrorist are both same. Both have the motive to control the world and rule on their terms and conditions and for their transactions they are using crypto currency. But it is not that they only use cryptocurrency but even they are using precious metals to trade against weapons purchasing. So we cannot blame alone on cryptocurrency for its usage in illegal activities
Activity: 560
Merit: 11
Crypto is not suitable for jihadists who are fighting in the battlefield. but I think crypto is suitable for terrorists who master technology, a terrorist of hackers, like anonymous.

in my opinion, jihadists also have members who have master technology, even for the crypto world.

but, globally, jihadists get weapons by snatching from enemies.
Activity: 443
Merit: 12
All Bitcoin transactions are very easy to track, so its use for criminal purposes is not a very smart task. There are more anonymous cryptocurrencies, but still there are traces when using them.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
It's interesting to see that crypto is not being utilized by terrorists.

I'm consistently surprised by how incompetent terrorists are. We'd all like to imagine that we're facing a silent threat of genius level people devoted to their religion and to the death of their enemies using every tool effectively to get to us.

But as it turns out, it's mostly just dumb people that don't represent a credible threat to anyone but themselves and their own countries. No wonder they are failing to use crypto.

Also, we have to be careful not to needlessly concede that terrorists using bitcoin is somehow a good argument against bitcoin. The same shit was said about the Internet when everyone in their media and the brain-dead followers were saying that the Internet is just a fad.

Let's be clear and painfully honest. Terrorists are a small niche among criminals. How many real terrorist attacks are there around the world? 2 Per year? What about Breivik? He was acting like a terrorist but he didn't use Bitcoin or any other money transfer method. He organized everything himself? What about that muslim who stole a truck and drove it into a crowd in Germany? He didn't need money.
Terrorists don't need to be able to send money anonymously to be able to perform their acts.

These terrorism pertains to hackers who been doing their acts since bitcoin started, and I guess their motives is to steal people's money. It comes in any form of terrorism, but what we're in focus here right now was their actions towards crypto. They did use this crypto for their personal intentions, but their main purpose it to attack the crypto economy. If they do that they'll be trace because every crypto exchange will be course through banks.
Activity: 2170
Merit: 528

I'm consistently surprised by how incompetent terrorists are. We'd all like to imagine that we're facing a silent threat of genius level people devoted to their religion and to the death of their enemies using every tool effectively to get to us.

But as it turns out, it's mostly just dumb people that don't represent a credible threat to anyone but themselves and their own countries. No wonder they are failing to use crypto.

Also, we have to be careful not to needlessly concede that terrorists using bitcoin is somehow a good argument against bitcoin. The same shit was said about the Internet when everyone in their media and the brain-dead followers were saying that the Internet is just a fad.

Let's be clear and painfully honest. Terrorists are a small niche among criminals. How many real terrorist attacks are there around the world? 2 Per year? What about Breivik? He was acting like a terrorist but he didn't use Bitcoin or any other money transfer method. He organized everything himself? What about that muslim who stole a truck and drove it into a crowd in Germany? He didn't need money.
Terrorists don't need to be able to send money anonymously to be able to perform their acts.
Activity: 406
It seems to me that it is much easier for criminals to use ordinary national money than to use bitcoin. Therefore, I think it is wrong to link cryptocurrency and criminals. It really spoils the image of bitcoin.
Activity: 490
I do not understand where the opinion came from that bitcoin is a currency for terrorists and scammers. They are quite successful in using dollars and other conventional currencies.
Activity: 182
Merit: 1
Looking to the future and control myself
i think it's only true a apart, the bitcoin is use by crime to money laundering or by something that can not buy by money. Now i think bitcoin mostly use to trading or exchange, or holding to wait and earn more profit .
Activity: 350
I think that is not entirely true, because there are so many terrorists in my country who were arrested around people's homes and urban areas, they disguised themselves as ordinary civilians, they also assembled bombs in that place. And access to the internet and technology is also wide open, don't think that terrorists only inhabit at desert areas, forests and hills. they are around us, beware!
true but that still doesn't make bitcoin the best form of money they can use. and this topic's discussion is exactly about that. despite what the media wants to convince you about, bitcoin is not used by terrorists because of the traceablity and other problems that it will cause whereas using something like US dollar which is accepted everywhere and is anonymous is a lot easier.
It’s true that using a dollar is much easier and transferring money from one person to another is not recorded anywhere and is not recorded, which cannot be said about Bitcoin, in which all transactions are recorded in the blockchain and saved there forever. Therefore, I believe that this is just another search for non-existent cons of cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 476
Merit: 17
Cryptocurrencies are suitable for any type of activity and can be used by altruists for charitable missions or criminals to commit crimes. Dollars are also used by everyone, but this does not make them a harmful means of payment that should be prohibited. Yes, maybe it will negatively affect crypto, but I believe that this will never become a critical problem due to which people will become afraid of cryptocurrencies.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032
All I know is that I know nothing.
I think that is not entirely true, because there are so many terrorists in my country who were arrested around people's homes and urban areas, they disguised themselves as ordinary civilians, they also assembled bombs in that place. And access to the internet and technology is also wide open, don't think that terrorists only inhabit at desert areas, forests and hills. they are around us, beware!

true but that still doesn't make bitcoin the best form of money they can use. and this topic's discussion is exactly about that. despite what the media wants to convince you about, bitcoin is not used by terrorists because of the traceablity and other problems that it will cause whereas using something like US dollar which is accepted everywhere and is anonymous is a lot easier.
Activity: 406
Merit: 11
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
Yes, this is all bad, of course, but it seems to me that all this talk about the fact that it is impossible to track down people who transferred cryptocurrency and about its anonymity is a complete nonsense. if you wish, all this can be done easily
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
Although a few people use crypto for illegal activities,  it is exaggerated by governments to make people keep away from crypto. I think, cash (espesially USD) is mostly used for the criminal activities. Because they can be tracked if they use crypto.
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
Crypto currency is useful for every one and most of the people who knows blockchain technology they can use bitcoin and crypto but it is very difficult for the terrorist to understand crypto and it is not easy to withdraw huge amounts of crypto for terrorists.
Activity: 1493
Merit: 763
Life is a taxable event

Pages:
Jump to: