Author

Topic: Crypto Kingdom - 1991 Retro Virtual World(City) - page 176. (Read 632671 times)

donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

HE Dr. Paul Choo, Ph.D, The Prince of Soul, AOD-Col, RT-3

Everyone with an interest in the University, Culture & Science, the shareholders of the Most Ancient and Worshipful Corporation of the Town Hall, and for the success of the Kingdom

Greetings,

Despite my involvement in the Kingdom since 1418, and the fact that I am the person who has seen the largest number of other players in the real life, and participated in the (1st) Satoshi Roundtable - among the newer entrants there time and again circulates a rumor that I don't even exist.

The rumor is false: I very much do, and converse intensely with my friend, HM the King, about what is the right course of action for the Game, and for our commercial success as well. The King has instructed me to buy gold when it was undervalued, and huge areas of land, when that was. Having a sound financial base, which I do, due to my successful endeavors in foreign lands, and my advanced age, enable me to take a long-term stand in current matters.

The loss of the University (Main Building) in its youth, as it had barely started to produce fruit, was a terrible loss of morale for many. I am fully in favor of the King's new, decentralized plan, believing that it will more quickly, more fairly, more steadfastly and more robustly increase the Culture&Science production in the Kingdom, which we need to increase our living conditions and compete with foreign lands in the new century that is ahead of us. I can draw the parallels with the decentralized Army, which I strongly believe is a winning concept compared to the one where the forces would be in one hands only, no matter how noble our King is, he is now mortal as well as the rest of us, and the successor situation is not at all clear. Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. In the same line of thought - I welcome the increased role of the Church in new player accommodation etc., while hoping that the organisation could be made transparent and decentralized. I offer my token pledge of 100 gold to the Church.

I own land in Culture&Science, the Borough 3 which I support to be renamed University, once a few colleges have started operations there. I am willing to offer this land at reduced prices for the new colleges. The 3-NW already has the Soul Park, which fulfills the criteria of the area being suitable for the King's hopes of the University being sprinkled with green. I will also establish the University Institute of Eastern Cultures there once the reconstruction situation allows.

In addition, I have decided to not claim back the 1,500,000,000 m donated to the old University. It was a donation, and it was spent according to the wishes, and the University was one of the 3 "my" buildings that received heavy damage in the earthquake. I was the person who suffered the most, by far, but hold the understanding that natural forces cannot be affected, human life is not secure, and the rich are in that position so that they could help their inferiors in the times of suffering, while letting them alone to grow their fortunes when no such help is needed.

In addition, I have, rather ironically, minted a PAULUS PRINCEPS SEOUL // DONATOR UNIVERSITATIS gold coin, in the same year that the building pictured in this large and beautiful 25 CKG coin was completely destroyed. Watching the coin - gold is eternal - sealed my determination that not a penny from the donations would pass back to me. Rather,

I pledge 100*CH1600Y gold coins to be sold to collectors and supporters of the University at a price of 2 million each (p.o.) to help to make the claims whole. If not all the coins are sold in this manner, I will redeem the remainder and pay the 2 million each myself to the University. If the claims can be made whole, it is up to the administration how to use the funds.

Which brings us to the administration. The King explained his dream of the new University to me and persuaded me to take the position of Chancellor, after HE The Marquess resigned and reaffirmed his non-willingness to continue even after the King's hint. As for the qualifications, he pointed out my position as Professor IRL and very wide connections to all walks of life. After some hesitation, I decided to accept, and promised that I can allocate the time to fulfill the duties in V.4 (against his promise that he will continue to take care of my finances as he has done so far). We both feel that the only person more suitable for taking the helm as Chancellor at this point is HH The Duke of New Liberty, but he has not been able to be contacted lately. If he is interested and can spare the time for the role that requires good interpersonal skills, we are both happy to pass it on to him.

As for the Town Hall, it has been difficult to reach the other stockholders. With careful examination of the state of the current structures, of the company finances, taking into account the wishes to widen the New Liberty Street, but also that the Town Hall is a Cultured Building and for a reason, I propose the following:

- The Town Hall will be restored.
- We aim to not raise new funds via a stock offering, because many owners would experience dilution, and the commercial valuation of the Town Hall is hard to determine - an offering would lead to the increase in my ownership for sure, and while I do have the interest in increasing it, this means would be perceived unfair by some at least.
- To raise the money for repairs, an offering of the immensely historical TH1454 bronze coins will be made, in addition other non-essential property will be sold, and of course we hope that the ongoing activities will be profitable as well.
- Taking a short-term loan from the Hypothecary Bank is also possible if it cannot reasonably be avoided.

As for the Portal, I have deemed the loss of 2,500 sqm of prime commercial, restaurant, office and apartment space to be an instance of extremely bad luck. Nevertheless, since The Prince of OZ has built a multipurpose property just the opposite, the reconstruction of the Portal is not of immediate importance, and the site will be cleared. The remaining structures, the corner bar and the Department Store, are left standing and operational.

The calamities, misfortunes, and losses are meted out to us humans to enable us to better understand life and feel and appreciate the good times more deeply. With pleasure I hear of the plans of large new constructions in 5-N, the zeal in the Fellowship of the Round Table, even the schemings of the Church to make the gameplay interesting for people with lesser means. My feeling is that we are just about to begin this game, and consequently hinted the King that my financial involvement in it will continue in the following months.
Activity: 212
Merit: 100
Prince of OZ would like to claim back 200M donated to the University.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10658640
donator
Rouen-RWWC windows auction closed. The final price settled at 120,000 m, indicating that the owners of unwindowed buildings are willing to wait for the RWWC domestic capacity to gear up, or do not see that a 33-50% temporary reduction in payouts is such a big deal as the original scare figure of "up to 100%".
Activity: 327
Merit: 250
After discussions between myself and HE The Prince of North Face, a corporation has been formed in partnership. We are utilizing the old iluvbitcoins corporation-a shell corp for running a defunct mining business.  After sitting idle for years, we have decided to repurpose it and rename it:

The New Reconstruction

The purpose of this corporation will be to purchase and sell land within borough 5 (and later other boroughs) to ensure that a fair price is obtained for both buyer and seller. It will help provide "liquidity" in the property market and keep market prices stable.  It will also ensure that members in the corporation are not fighting a price undercutting war, and will keep prices from fluctuating wildly due to seller/buyer pressure outside the normal market. The New Reconstruction currently has 70q of land allocated to it, and it will be available for purchase shortly.

Internally we have been discussing either an IPO or a share sale. These options may be explored further once the company has a little more history behind it.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003
Still wild and free
Sadly, I'd like to claim as well a 10M donation to the university.
(https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9669389)
I would like to claim the following from the university:

10M moneritos, donated March 01
200,000 moneritos per year for about 10 years (2M total, or maybe 1.8?)

so total 12M.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
- The position of Chancellor is open due to resignation. In the new model, Chancellor is still required, and his qualifications include storytelling ability and ability to coordinate the scientific efforts (soon, there will continuously be a host of new advances that people strive to unlock, and alliances can be made to share the profits - even competitive and/or proprietary advances may be open for research). I very much know the small number of current players and their insufficient time available to delve deeper into the game, but I also seek to compensate the ones who nevertheless do it. The Marquess Smooth is very eligible to apply the position if he feels the new coordinator/negotiator role fits better than the old fundraiser/micromanager.

The Marquess Smooth must unfortunately decline the invitation, as it is unlikely he would have the time to do the role justice.

Marquess Smooth reclaims the following donations/loans made to the old University:

50 shares Noble Palace (from original IPO; shares paid for by smooth)

191.1 shares Smooth IF (shares were issued to University in exchange for other shares, primarily Noble Palace, which were originally donated by smooth)

900 CKG donated in 1466 (accumulated dividends and stone stake left with University character)

SPE-3 (donated by smooth via Smooth QC liquidation auction -- return to smooth)

200m (loan made in 1598, recorded on DEBTS tab)

3x ASS-3 (loan from smooth QC made in 1598, recorded on DEBTS tab -- to be returned to smooth QC)

donator
Concerning University
- The Character University continues as the coordinating body, but its property is liquidated and reverts to the donators. The donators must file a claim in 3 days.

Royal letter:
"We claim back the land donated to University in 1466 (U1-U3). We are good with U6 from the original donation having been sold to the Prince of OZ, and do not claim it nor the proceeds. Neither we claim U7, which will revert to the Royal CryptoArmy instead.

We do not claim any gold, Items, stone, or money which we have gifted.

We pledge 500,000,000 moneretos to help the science production in the New University context, by zoning and selling land in Culture&Science below market value. In addition, upon certain conditions, this land will be created a haw, which is a quite valuable attribute (the savings in taxes even at the projected very low tax rate and considering a semi-urban e=0.75, at 0.15% daily rate, amount to 10 mil/q in land price). The haws are granted by the King, but the tax reduction suffered by the Town."

The Prince of Soul is considering his answer and the other donators are encouraged to think theirs as well. Just think what colleges you are interested in operating, how many, how big, and make a roadmap to get there! This should determine what to claim from the common pot. The University will go on! Except 10 times stronger! Smiley

Remember that the Rouen-RWWC windows auction DL is noon today.

donator
Remember that the Rouen-RWWC windows auction DL is tomorrow noon.

Concerning University

We have decided that dwelling in bad memories is not the healthy way to go on. The University has a glorious future, and it is outlined as follows:

- The University will consist on private colleges, which may be incorporated or not. The accumulated SCI and CUL points will come to the owners directly. The benefit of being part of the University is additional points, resulting from the atmosphere of free sharing.

- The Borough 3 "Culture&Science" will be the site of the new University, with colleges scattered around wherever they find nice places. The University colleges are exempted from tax "haw". The King will arrange with the landowners that the land can be acquired at beneficial terms provided that the college is founded and starts operating without delay.

- The increased accountability and ownership is hoped to greatly increase Cul&Sci production, and boost the Borough 3 to become a green haven of free thinking and application, while increasing the commerce there as well.

- The existing college of Military Science reverts to the Army management and stays part of the University. School of Economics joins the University. Both are ineligible for bonuses based on the location in the Old Town.

- The Character University continues as the coordinating body, but its property is liquidated and reverts to the donators. The donators must file a claim in 3 days.

- The liquidation works in kind, eg. if stone was donated, stone will be given back. The year of donation does not count and interest is not paid. If the claims exceed the holdings, the loss is prorated.

- The position of Chancellor is open due to resignation. In the new model, Chancellor is still required, and his qualifications include storytelling ability and ability to coordinate the scientific efforts (soon, there will continuously be a host of new advances that people strive to unlock, and alliances can be made to share the profits - even competitive and/or proprietary advances may be open for research). I very much know the small number of current players and their insufficient time available to delve deeper into the game, but I also seek to compensate the ones who nevertheless do it. The Marquess Smooth is very eligible to apply the position if he feels the new coordinator/negotiator role fits better than the old fundraiser/micromanager.
Interesting project, congratulations!

Bit introduction myself,

Actually I'm enrolled on

MITx: 11.127x Design and Development of Games for Learning
(edx plataform) and I was researching about cryptocurrency gamification and I landed here. My first idea was to developing a game like

Civilization
for those interested to teach basic economics concepts, and as far as I can see you guys are doing wonderful job here. I hope that I'm going to learn a lot.

PS-> I haven’t read all threads here, so I'm asking for apologize in advance in case of being redundant.

Thanks
Kind regards,
AA

Hi _AA_,

Welcome to Crypto Kingdom!  What is happening in this thread and in the game is exactly what it sounds like you are talking about. If you are interested in getting started, we can add you into the game. In the meantime, I have put together a quickstart guide that might help you out a bit:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bSAIQjnhEIZfuIX7IaYiuw1Y-3PvnNPfQqAfl_AFOcY/edit

For any questions, there are always people around on IRC, channel ##crypto-kingdom on freenode.

Glad to have you here  Cool
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
The Foreign Investor #1 (the original investor) has notified The Bishop and myself that he would like to put his land in borough 1 up for auction. The land code is 1-E-E3. It's a 4q parcel that is directly across from the King's land, and very close to the Hypothecary Bank and the Grand Hotel Annex, as well as next door to the Hokusai House, Art Studio.

This is a chance to get a premium piece of land only 100 meters from the Obelisk, and 25m from the Grand Hotel!  He is interested in selling the land in the auction format, with bids starting at 600m. The auction will end 24 hours from this posting. It has been said that if the land sale price reaches 700M, The Bishop himself shall come and bless the land so that all future goings-on shall be fruitful.
donator
Lots in San Pietro sold.
donator
There was announced a RWWC-Rouen Windows Auction but the deadline was postponed due to the windowcounts not being ready (also Easter).

This auction new deadline is in ~3 days. To be auctioned are 5,000 standard pane sqm of windows that are mandatory to use in all new and old buildings (except those who are now windowed) during V.4.

The good news is that because of favorable developments in exchange rates, the cost for RWWC is reduced to 120,000 m/sqm, which is the new floor bid.

The presence of windows is not mandatory for the Building to be usable. "Windows&views" multiplier gives typically values of 1.0...1.2 for buildings that have windows (it is also dependent on the use of the building, with Apartments benefiting less from windows). If no windows at all are installed, the values are in the range of 0.6-0.7. Therefore, as a rule of thumb, an apartment building that had little windows to begin with, suffers about 1/3 reduction in income by not having them, and a lofty office/hotel/special/residence building is reduced to about 1/2. Not having windows for an extended time counts for increased deterioration.

The auction is solely conducted in /RWWC tab in the game DB in order to not clutter the thread.

Other good news for builders. Negotiations are in progress for Labor to become cheaper as well, and for the same reason. If XMR/BTC persists in the trading range, a reduction upon V.4 is most possible. Stone price is determined domestically.

Even Town cut for building is going down. We have had intense fellowship with architects, engineers and scientists about the Earthquake, and the learned opinion is that the Earthquake was a one-time unavoidable semi-natural event. The damage delivered to the prestigious buildings was expected. The only way to avoid it would have been to not build anything nice in the town ever. That 6 buildings collapsed, should not shadow the fact that 200+ did not, and among them are such cultural/-ed and engineering masterpieces as the Royal Palace, Grand Hotel, New Liberty Town Palace, Theatre, Arco, Citadel, Embassy Tower, New Grand, HofM, Clocktower, PofC&S and San Pietro, in the order that some come to mind.

There is nothing profoundly wrong in building high. Except in Swamp, the ground is suitable for building, and we know how to make the buildings stand, and know how to measure the integrity, and know how to take repair action. Now we know all this. It is a tradeoff we must consider, since the land in some places is expensive, and some uses of the buildings require certain stature, including height, or the roof gardens. The price we normally pay is increased deterioration, but that's only a cost item.

The Earthquake damage was dealt differently than normal deterioration. It punished structures that can very well handle static forces, with dynamic forces. Since we cannot live our life in fear, there will be no restrictions on future building to make them more Earthquake-proof. If someone wants to take this into account, he has 6 examples of what kind of construction might be better avoided (especially if left unrepaired for 100 years!).

To the contrary, the Town is now lifting the tax for building high. As previously the extra cost for floors was 5+5% per floor for all additionals, now it is only 5% and goes totally to workers. This decision was done because the previous announcement that Town will start to tax buildings according to floor area. These taxes hit largely the same thing, so the other one was abolished. Haws are exempt of the new tax. Owning empty land was not and will not be taxed.

There will be a little more codified rules concerning luxury% though. Not that it was a problem so far, but the situation is good for some clarification: A Building can from now on often be the size of a single room, because the Businesses/Buildings interaction. It may seem tempting to make one room apparently full of luxuries and appear high in the Halls of Fame. There will be caps on how high a luxury% can be, and it is determined by the floor area in the Lot and in the Building, the appearance of the building and the room height. Nothing new, previously these were enforced by the BI's discretion, now they will be more formal.

I visited the Church and there was preaching against the luxuries in general, they even drew a connect between the luxuries and the Earthquake. Concerning that San Pietro own rating is 240%-300% and mine is currently 0-123%, it felt amusing. I did not utter a word though, it being possible that the Blessings played a role in my own buildings not collapsing. We will never know (though it is strange that no correlation analysis has been attempted despite the data being public).
donator
450 in B5
Activity: 212
Merit: 100
Prince of OZ bids 425 for B4
Activity: 784
Merit: 501
The Ancient Fellowship of the Knights of the Round Table has met, with the following decisions:

We decided to buy 36 q of land in the 5-N Chapelry (2 "prestige lots" from the Town) for 800 million total, for the building of The Round Table House. The Royal Architects were commissioned to make the plans.

Because such a massive and prestigious project (the largest thing ever constructed in the Town, undertaken by the 10 most worthy Knights of all) is commenced, the Town puts the lots immediately facing the Round Table House in auction.

5-N-B4
5-N-B5.

They have been for sale for 400 mil each, and this is the starting price. Minimum raise 25 million.

King bids 400 mil for B4
King bids 400 mil for B5

Prince of North Face bids 425 for B5
donator
The Ancient Fellowship of the Knights of the Round Table has met, with the following decisions:

The Town puts the lots immediately facing the Round Table House in auction.

5-N-B4
5-N-B5.

They have been for sale for 400 mil each, and this is the starting price. Minimum raise 25 million.

King bids 400 mil for B4
King bids 400 mil for B5

About 8 hours left for this auction. We decided that it's fair to auction these as 4/6 prestige lots had been sold at the ask of 400 mil each, and now the coming of Round Table House will likely increase the value of the surroundings. So instead of me buying them outright, there is an opportunity for others as well. The excess (over 800 mil total) goes to the Fellowship of the Round Table.  

If the King wins both lots, they will be rezoned to (possibly) 3(wide)x2 lots with a 6-10 m wide N-S lane in between, and some put back to the market. In a similar location in 2-E the Triple Towers now stand on land that cost about 50/q.

Enough shooting myself on the foot now  Grin
donator
This is amazing. As one of the 10 Knights of the Round Table, Lord Noms gives the new design his full support and pledges 200k stone to help with the initial phase 1 build.

We of course match the contribution of Lord Noms with an equal donation of the best stone, delivered in B.5!

In the memory of Sir Rhadamanthus, we also donate a Most Ancient carpet formerly belonging to him, to the treasuries (or use) in the Round Table House.
donator

We decided to buy 36 q of land in the 5-N Chapelry (2 "prestige lots" from the Town) for 800 million total, for the building of The Round Table House. The Royal Architects were commissioned to make the plans.

Because such a massive and prestigious project (the largest thing ever constructed in the Town, undertaken by the 10 most worthy Knights of all) is commenced, the Town puts the lots immediately facing the Round Table House in auction.

5-N-B4
5-N-B5.

King bids 400 mil for B4
King bids 400 mil for B5

It looks like that the monumental centre of the town is surprisingly moving to the new 5. Borough (San Pietro), where both the namesake Church and the Round Table are now moving. The lots now on auction might quickly gain equal stature as the best ones in 2-C or even surpass them due to very close proximity to the Obelisk, and the easy access there via 30 m wide road (OT and NC are not connected by road, just a beaten track).

The future plans are that King donates at least equal amount of land in C&S to the University functions, and that will cement C&S's position in what the name suggests. The 4. borough will be restricted for poor people, reports say that it is unhealthy and also buildings are deteriorating rapidly. Of all people, the poor are unfortunately most suited to live in such conditions. (That the land is free, has created an insatiable thirst for it in the business circles, but it is now not the point to let it be exploited by them.)

The auction closes in 24 hours.
Jump to: