Author

Topic: Crypto Kingdom - 1991 Retro Virtual World(City) - page 174. (Read 632671 times)

legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150
Freedom&Honor
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
Can't wait to test!!

Shocked
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
Just waiting for HM to come online so I can go through some of his formulas for buildings, and we'll finish off that logic this week

The wish has been granted. I'm safely in the office Smiley
legendary
Freedom&Honor
From today:

13:17 oh mr fluffypony! is there any CK news?
13:17 <•fluffypony> yes! I will post an update when I have reliable internet
13:24 oooh ooooh

*waits with baited breath*

here you go Cheesy

I'm wondering what will the first day of CKG on Poloniex look like, it's definitely going to be some volatility Cheesy
Activity: 327
Merit: 250
From today:

13:17 oh mr fluffypony! is there any CK news?
13:17 <•fluffypony> yes! I will post an update when I have reliable internet
13:24 oooh ooooh

*waits with baited breath*
legendary
Freedom&Honor
Nice, can't wait to see this online Smiley
Updated info about CK seen on IRC (edited for content) - posted on Sun, 3 May

sXpher, do you have something to share to all of us?
I can tell you that a crazy amount of work has been done, all 90% subgames have been complete backend and front end, management tools are all complete, user management for admins as well as editing tools
I don't want to overstep though, updates need to come through fluffypony
Just waiting for HM to come online so I can go through some of his formulas for buildings, and we'll finish off that logic this week
That is great news
Does that mean it is getting close to finished?
Yes indeed
Awesome!
We'll first give testing access to HM, and then I'm sure he'll have a couple of you guys test it
And we'll iron out bugs you come across as we go along
legendary
Freedom&Honor
Nah, I'm just expecting the price to rise, but it's standing on 400 000m Cheesy
Activity: 784
Merit: 501
Why is no one buying gold while the monero price is low Cheesy

Are you selling?   Grin

Actually a couple of players bought some gold today.
legendary
Freedom&Honor
Why is no one buying gold while the monero price is low Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Did I miss the web version (skimmed the OP) was thinking it was going to be browser based 2d game months ago.  Has it been decided to keep it paper / google docs / forum based version of 2nd life?

The web version is still in progress. I think there have been some statements about which elements of the gameplay are to be moved to the web version in each iteration, but I don't know the details.

legendary
Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009
Did I miss the web version (skimmed the OP) was thinking it was going to be browser based 2d game months ago.  Has it been decided to keep it paper / google docs / forum based version of 2nd life?
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
iluvbitcoins, I think HM The King is on vacation right now. I hope it comes soon! I saw a screenshot a few weeks ago and it looked very nice.

I just got word from HM The King on IRC. He said this:

can u pls post to the thread that I haven't yet found functioning wifi but intend to communicate during my working holiday
I'll go grab a cocktail, book and cigar

Wink

It's indeed sad when you don't have Internet...

Nice work on the 3D Gilded Goose, noms.

Thanks. I'm pretty excited to see it "IRL!"  Tempted to do more modeling today. I'm home ill today... :/
iluvbitcoins, I think HM The King is on vacation right now. I hope it comes soon! I saw a screenshot a few weeks ago and it looked very nice.

I just got word from HM The King on IRC. He said this:

can u pls post to the thread that I haven't yet found functioning wifi but intend to communicate during my working holiday
I'll go grab a cocktail, book and cigar

Wink
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
Nice work on the 3D Gilded Goose, noms.

legendary
Freedom&Honor
how's the online version coming up?
If it pleases His Majesty, I would like to introduce the final version of The Gilded Goose. I have rendered out the blueprint and done a video flyaround/through of the model.  This is not in-game footage, but simply an artist's rendition of how it would look if it were built in a 3d world. The video uses Minecraft to help maintain the blocky style of the game. This will hopefully give some visually-minded people an idea of the game and its buildings, and how they are very much real. It (the game) is very well thought out, and this blueprint is actually built to architectural specifications that are set as game parameters (each 1x1 pillar can only support 50 blocks of stone, arch length requires certain support, dome needs to have its weight supported, etc).

Here's the video:

And here's the blueprint it was based upon.
What do you guys think about creating a forum just for CK? Is it worth the effort? Would people eventually go there? Is it a fool's errand?

It would be easier for people to keep up with everything that goes on in comparison to IRC. Or at least to keep up with whatever they deem important...In any case if more people join a forum is a must.

That's what I was thinking. A single thread isn't going to work once we get 200, 500, 1000 players...
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
What do you guys think about creating a forum just for CK? Is it worth the effort? Would people eventually go there? Is it a fool's errand?

It would be easier for people to keep up with everything that goes on in comparison to IRC. Or at least to keep up with whatever they deem important...In any case if more people join a forum is a must.
Jump to: