Author

Topic: Crypto Kingdom - 1991 Retro Virtual World(City) - page 242. (Read 632671 times)

Activity: 400
Merit: 263
Considering the price level of the gold auction I will have to sneak in by the beggar gate later in the game.
Activity: 655
Merit: 500
This is very cool! I've put in a bid for the gold auction, hope I get lucky!

What else can I do to get gold now? Is anyone selling?
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150
Freedom&Honor
is a referral system going to be implemented?
Activity: 32
Merit: 10
Dear King,

Will be honored as a young sailor, by the name of Damoiseau, to explore the new world in the name of the King. Bring the good faith and trade all the good values i could find !!

Long Life

donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
Just a question, Am I also part of the current players?

I'm also interested in playing when it's released Smiley

None other except the ones listed in the above post are among current players. A player is entitled to 1 character only.

Currently we limit the number of characters (and thus, players) by the "minimum 1000 gold" rule. So you have to pay likely over 100 XMR just to play at this point. But the gold becomes yours, and is valuable and useful in many ways so the money is not wasted.

If "by when it is released" you mean the online version, it will be released 2014-11-16. But there will be many things happening before that you don't want to miss out, such as the release of the City Map, land speculation and building editor in 2014-10-26.

This post lists the ways how to acquire gold at this point, and to get in the game as a result.

Link to the ongoing gold auction (CLOSES Wed 6pm GMT).
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Sound Engineer for Hire
Just a question, Am I also part of the current players?

I'm also interested in playing when it's released Smiley
donator
Tidings of the Kingdom, (in the beginning of) A.D. 1422

The HM accounting service has worked overtime to make the game accounting up to date after a surprisingly rapid start. After 2 real-days to the game, we are 6 days ahead of the target number of characters!

The full list of characters and their ingame possessions:

Code:
Totals.................		120,000	1,626,051 

Full name............ Level gold.. stone
HM The King........... 15 42,216 945,766
David, Earl of Armagnac 10 16,600 325,400
Riccardo, Earl of F.S.* 10 6,167 6,835 * F.S. = Forte Spagnolo
Lord NewLiberty........ 9 10,550 56,200
Dr. Choo............... 9 2,000 11,000
Dame Roopatra......... 8 1,000 12,000
Zenon the Sorcerer.... 7 1,400 16,000
Master James Syme... 6 10,700 56,800
Master Ale............ 6 10,200 54,800
drfred................ 5 4,000 15,000
serje.................. 5 1,167 6,000
saddambitcoin.......... 4 2,500 12,000
gwada971.............. 4 2,000 22,000
AdamWhite............. 4 2,000 11,000
Rhadamanthus......... 3 1,450 8,250
Febo.................. 3 1,400 16,000
Leila Liekki.......... 3 1,400 16,000
binaryFate........... 3 1,000 12,000
smooth................ 3 2,250 23,000

fluffypony is created Earl of Forte Spagnolo.   "His Majesty is very pleased in the upstanding character of Earl Riccardo, and his decision to coordinate the technical development of the Game as Project Manager. Our business relations can only get better following the latest developments."

The King bestows Earl Riccardo with 5,000 gold.

Dr. Choo is created Baron, although he continues to use his title "Dr."   "His Majesty received Dr. Choo this same year 1422, after his long and tiring journey to the Tsardom of Rossiya. He told wonderful stories about musical instruments that he had seen in the Tsar's treasure chambers, something that have never been seen in the Kingdom. He had appraised one of them to be worth 175,000-250,000 gold, and showed me a parchment of proof with the intendant's seal on it. Astounded by this great man wanting to settle in our Kingdom, we have created him Baron, with gifts."

The King bestows Dr. Choo with 2,000 gold.

Zenon the Sorcerer appeared to the King.   "His Majesty heard mysterious things from The Very Ancient Magus. It is possible that the longevity we currently enjoy in our Ancient era, is not solely based on the Two Springs in the NW chapelry of the soon-to-be Old Town, right outside of the planned First City Wall, but it is Zenon who has been protecting us all these years and has only now appeared. He promised to appear again in our Castle, whose construction we now have a reason to rush."

Roopatra, a relative to the King (however not in direct lineage), requested audience and presented her credentials. Roopatra is created Dame, since the King is of noble blood and none of his relatives may be regarded commoners. (The level L8 Knight/Dame/Jungherr/Jungfrau is reserved for descendants of nobility who do not have their fiefdoms yet, and are too young and/or poor to be promoted L9 Barons/Baronesses.   "His Majesty accepts Dame Roopatra's birth certificate, and grants her a loan of 1,000 gold for getting started."

The King gives Dame Roopatra 1,000 gold, with the hopes of getting it back at the consummation of Ancient era.

James Syme and Ale may use the title Master in front of their nick. This right will in the future apply to everyone in L6.

Rumors of the benevolence of The Earl of Armagnac have reached The King's ears. The Earl has sent a letter to the Royal Treasury to transfer 1,000 gold to the faithful expert servant serje.   "We are delighted of the generosity and add the early poster bonus to the sum, even though we are not rule- or oath-bound to do it."

The King bestows serje with 167 gold, and (as Mayor) promotes him to L5 due to outstanding service in the King's quarters that Earl David is now administering.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
A.D. 1400

* David Latapie has been created Earl (L10). "I wish to honor David, Earl of Armagnac, for his great contributions towards the game in this first day of game development. As a token of my gratitude, and a tribute to HyperStake, of which David is a lead developer, I wish to gift the first 10,000 gold existing in this game to him. Since CK gold is a staking asset, this will give the longest possible staking period for Lord David."

* David, Earl of Armagnac (David Latapie), has been gifted with 10,000 gold.

I never properly thanked His Majesty for the incommensurable honour He bestowed upon His humble servant. His Majesty may rest assured the earldom of Armagnac will show his gratitude toward the King of all Crypto Kingdom.

HAIL TO THE KING!
donator
The gold auction has started. It will end Wed 18:00 GMT as promised. Making tactical bids now may be an advantage.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
Where to play this game???

You can make money in this game right?
What benefits I get to pay 100xmr for 1k gold?

Well as i understand, currently we are just enrolling. Making up characters. The current game go on where we will have listed how many gold each player have and how much stone we gathered so far. Gold and Stone are only resources i know of (i do not know much).

You can make money in most games there are. But in most games developers dont like you gain advantage by buying resources with some outsides money unless you buy from them. Here that should not be problem. How will all go we will see. Players that own Gold can sell it right now. To anyone at any price. For stone i am not sure.

Benefits you get by buying 1000 gold are that you can make character and become part of game. Game will be 100 days in Ancient era. I see this as alpha stage. I am sure in game rules lots will change till this era will end. Players that will exist in Ancient era will for sure have some advantage then the ones that will enroll latter.

When Version 1: Ancients start you will be able to enrol without having 1000 gold.
donator

This I would leave for some of the current 18 characters in the game to answer Smiley They have found it worthwhile, so speak out!
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

Ale
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Thanks for creating this rpietila and david latapie, this is such a great idea! Really looking forward to start playing  Grin

donator
Just a sidenote - CK stone must be one of the hardest to get items in existence:

- first you need to buy BTC
- then exchange it for XMR
- then buy CK gold, which is not even available except as trickles and even then for the ones who fulfil other criteria
- then, slowly, the CK gold generates the CK stone.

Grin

17 people in the world have at least some CK stone. The list will be posted here in about 14 hours.
donator
So there's no chance we can still get gold at 50 XMR for 1000 on Wednesday? How much gold is available then? And it's going to be auction format?

The original planned price of gold was 0.10. That I happened to sell almost all my stash out in the first 2 hours at 0.05 was a sort of mistake, and did in fact verify to me that the original price was better thought of than the initial price. Well, the game got kickstarted Smiley

The gold will be auctioned. The total quantity is 10,000 gold, and it will be divided to 10 lots of 1,000 gold each. By buying from this auction, you are also entitled to the "MEW bonus" and "early poster" bonus that will be added to the gold you receive.

The bids are to be given in the following format: "quantity @ price (XMR)". For example "2000 @ 0.11". This bid will cost you 220 XMR if it wins (or less since all bids pay the same as the lowest winning bid), and you will receive 2,000 gold + possible bonus gold.

The reserve price is 0.05 and no more than 2 decimals, so the bidding starts at 0.06.

Higher bid wins over lower one, earlier bid wins over later one, and all winners pay the same amount per lot (the price of the lowest winning bid that still wins)

The right to participate in the auction is not limited (except if it is not legal for you to do so). The winners will be created characters in the game after they pay for the gold and supply the character stats (age, sex, nick). Existing characters may take part in the auction.

Auction thread for submitting bids. Auction closes 6 pm GMT Wednesday server time, or one minute after the last winning bid (in case a winning bid was submitted during the last minute, the auction lasts as long as there are no new winning bids submitted in one minute since the previous one).
donator
hopefully can pick them up cheaper than 150XMR per 1000 gold on Wednesday

That's the right spirit, man! Smiley

(Oh I wish I could sell more gold but the nature of gold is that of very limited quantity - you would hardly want to buy it if I could create it at will Wink )

The character count is currently 17. You will still be an early adopter  Grin
Activity: 252
Merit: 250

+ 25 people with 1 post

I guess I am one of those +25 Smiley

Lucky me I can live in luxury from now on!

Looking forward to see you in game.

Hey I got 3 forum posts before this one... Do I still qualify for the bonus when I buy 1000 gold? Or did you just miss me?
Thx

this is the post Risto is referring to : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9248616

And to make it easier for you my friend all your posts are after he announced he will give something for posting, that being said you won't get any extra gold!

Well that sucks... I find out about the game an hour after that post and gold is instantly sold out an hour after that... XMR value skyrocketing and the bonus I thought could help is gone too Sad ... such shitty luck... oh well, now i can forget about this for a couple days and concentrate on other coins... hopefully can pick them up cheaper than 150XMR per 1000 gold on Wednesday
donator
Do you want all players to PM you with their characters age, sex, nickname and title? Or David?

Currently, to me. They are in a database that is viewable only by me and Lord David. He may take the responsibilities later on, and we will get it fully automatized latest for the Version 2: Ancients (2014-11-16).

What I have in mind concerning the administration of the game:

From tomorrow on, when I wake up, I update the registry for transfers made meanwhile, new characters, and stone staking. Then I will publish the biennial bulletin here, in this thread, and continue to do it every day during Genesis. It will contain a dump of the Character database, with all characters, and their gold and stone balances, for interest, and ease of making transactions and offers thereof.

Currently the characters do not have XMR balances and they will not be shown when they do. The ingame XMR management will start when land ownership and building is enabled, this Sunday. Both buying the land (although most of it is given for free) and building require XMR. XMR you are able to get by selling your ingame resources (gold, stone) to His Majesty, or other characters that buy them. It will also be possible to fund your account (send XMR to HM, who will credit you equal value in moneritos).

Again, sorry that I cannot freely sell gold right now. Please post your buying and selling offers to this thread or the IRC channel (crypto-kingdom @ irc.freenode.net). As a guidance of how much the gold might potentially be worth, the following calculation helps:

1000 gold bought now and held until 2015-1-18, will stake you 528,000 stone until that day. The value of this stone if you need to buy it from the game, is 52.8 XMR. The gold will stake XMR from that day onwards, but the amount is unknown and depends on the number of players. The generation of new gold will also revert to a much lower trajectory, again depending on the number of players. The long-term average amount of gold per character in the game is simulated to reach about 50 gold.

Wednesday we will have an open auction for gold for determining the price. My limited sale price now is 150 XMR / 1000 gold, but as said, it is not even available except for "the ancient posters to this thread".
donator
I sent the XMRs to David for the private deal with HM.  Smiley

Thank you. Registered.

Am I eligible to the MEW bonus if I join MEW now? I was thinking to join now, have been very busy and postponing but this might be a good reason to push me!

Yes you are, if all the conditions are fulfilled:

- bonus is 25% extra gold when you buy gold since acquiring the MEW votes, up to the total amount of 25% of your votes.

- bonus is only applied if you buy HM gold, not for second market gold.

- it may temporarily be not possible to cash in the bonus at all, such as now: the situation is that you are not eligible to buy any gold from me, and therefore not receive the bonus. On Wednesday you can buy gold at auction and receive the bonus, likewise if you are a poster to this thread and want to receive that bonus, you can also receive the MEW bonus.

- when this bonus offering is about to be closed (it will, during the Ancient era), I will give 7 days notice and an actual allocation of gold for everyone to realistically exercise their right.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002

+ 25 people with 1 post

I guess I am one of those +25 Smiley

Lucky me I can live in luxury from now on!

Looking forward to see you in game.

Hey I got 3 forum posts before this one... Do I still qualify for the bonus when I buy 1000 gold? Or did you just miss me?
Thx

this is the post Risto is referring to : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9248616

And to make it easier for you my friend all your posts are after he announced he will give something for posting, that being said you won't get any extra gold!
Jump to: