Pages:
Author

Topic: CRYPTO NEWS:FBI Warns COVID-19 Scammers Are Targeting Crypto Holders. - page 2. (Read 304 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 160
The trickery has been facing around the world especially on what we are facing right now, well that is how the mind of scammers and hackers works, they will take advantage on what we are facing now because they know that there would be so many people who will be tricked because they have thoughts that people would take this one because they are now suffering.

"The good thing is that the FBI or the (Federal Bureau of Investigation) warns everyone that fraudsters and scammers are about to unleash a surge of coronavirus cryptocurrency scams."

“Fraudsters are leveraging increased fear and uncertainty during the COVID-19 pandemic to steal your money and launder it through the complex cryptocurrency ecosystem,” the FBI said, and they’re targeting victims regardless of their age.

For more details you may visit this link: https://cryptorising.news/fbi-warns-covid-19-scammers-are-targeting-crypto-holders/

Scammers are so great on fooling so many people they don't care even you are under age or anything, money are the only thing they want so they would not think if they would steal money from unfortunate people. So always be careful and be wise on visiting some restricted websites, clicking some advertisement because based on my experience those are the things where you can get the malware and some of the malware are made by hackers and scammers.

I just wanna list down the things you may do to avoid being scammed that I have read on the article.
1. Spot imposters - Always be careful on trusting anyone on your surroundings because most of the time the one who is closed to you are the one that will fool you. It happens most of the time, money is so powerful, they will do things just to steal it on you.
2. Do Online searches - This is what I always do when visiting some websites, especially when it is about investing or trading websites because some of the websites are scam and in order to avoid it, you should search some reviews or information about it.
3. Don’t believe your caller ID - Scammers are so great, they can create a credible account, so always be careful on talking to someone especially when it talks about money.
4. Don’t pay upfront for a promise - This are the common things that may happen when you win on some websites and they are sending message that before you claim the prize, you have to input first money. Do not believe on that, that can be scammed.
5. Talk to someone - Always do double checking, you may ask on your friends or to someone that you can talk to, ask if you are doing the right thing. Some of their advise are really good.

For more information about prevention, please visit this:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0060-10-things-you-can-do-avoid-fraud
Pages:
Jump to: