Pages:
Author

Topic: Cryptocurrency to be Taught in Schools? - page 17. (Read 3634 times)

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500
October 12, 2018, 10:01:28 PM
Hi guys!
I'm pretty sure that many of you have been experiencing difficulty on making other people aware of cryptocurrency and how it works, right? I myself find it hard to explain it even to my own family. Once you mention it to them, the first thing that comes to their mind is that it's a scam. Can't blame them though because the news about crypto scams are always hyped in social media and believe me, even my 70 year old mom has Facebook!

Anyway, I realized that this is the case because there has never really been any formal education about it at all. We knew about it only thru word of the mouth right and we only got to learn it slowly thru experience. This said, I'm thinking, what if it's taught in schools? Perhaps just start with those taking Accountancy or Banking and Finance courses to begin with, then eventually incorporate it to Mathematics subject or whatever in High School? After all, they were able to do that with banking, right? Why not with cryptocurrency? What do you think?
Everything can be, but not so soon, but the governments of the countries are not very interested in that people were developed, which means that no one will seriously teach you, will give only the basics.
the government certainly won't do that by adding a special lesson about crypto, that's a bit strange in my opinion. the key is with the teacher if they want to innovate. lessons about bitcoin can be included in many lessons such as economics, information technology, and so on..
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
October 12, 2018, 09:13:51 PM
Teaching cryptocurrency in schools would be a great idea because if we so desire that cryptocurrencies be legally accepted as a payment method then it would be best if everybody gets to understand how it is used and the very best place to start that is in our schools. it would be best if this could be practice all across the globe to ensure a global effect in the knowledge of cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
October 12, 2018, 09:12:27 PM
Hi guys!
I'm pretty sure that many of you have been experiencing difficulty on making other people aware of cryptocurrency and how it works, right? I myself find it hard to explain it even to my own family. Once you mention it to them, the first thing that comes to their mind is that it's a scam. Can't blame them though because the news about crypto scams are always hyped in social media and believe me, even my 70 year old mom has Facebook!

Anyway, I realized that this is the case because there has never really been any formal education about it at all. We knew about it only thru word of the mouth right and we only got to learn it slowly thru experience. This said, I'm thinking, what if it's taught in schools? Perhaps just start with those taking Accountancy or Banking and Finance courses to begin with, then eventually incorporate it to Mathematics subject or whatever in High School? After all, they were able to do that with banking, right? Why not with cryptocurrency? What do you think?
I think it would be a great moved to add this in some courses like Accountancy or even BusinessAd since it involves financial aspects. But perhaps, it needs to legalized it first before implementing this actions. We know that there are still a lot of countries who doesn't recognized crypto coins as a good investments.
Activity: 66
Merit: 0
October 12, 2018, 09:02:16 PM
I will be happy when the schools of some great countries start teaching the blockchain and the basics of the digital crypto economy. I think you should not study a separate cryptocurrency.

I think it will only be possible if that particular countries will accept bitcoin and will make it legal otherwise it will not happen because more governments are against cryptos and because of that it will not happen for now.
Activity: 840
Merit: 254
October 12, 2018, 08:56:48 PM
I don't know about schools, but many institutes already teach about blockchain technology and programming.
Oh good to know that! I had no idea. Which institutes are those and which countries please? It's such a great job for teaching cryptocurrencies in those institutes. Their students are lucky to learn it as early as now so that when the digital age comes, they are already fully prepared.
I am not so sure that they are very lucky, I say this because in the past schools were the place that you needed to go if you wanted to learn, but now if you want to learn anything the only thing that you need to do is to look at it in the Internet, you do not need a centralized institution telling you what to think and how to do it, you can do that by yourself thanks to the Internet.
Activity: 341
Merit: 4
October 12, 2018, 01:09:37 AM
I will be happy when the schools of some great countries start teaching the blockchain and the basics of the digital crypto economy. I think you should not study a separate cryptocurrency.

But I think it's too early for them to learn about cryptocurrency because cryptocurrency itself does not yet to introduce to all people. And I think it is better to them to still study in the school without thinking about the cryptocurrency and when they graduate, or they are ready to learn about the economic, then I think we can try to teach them.
Activity: 112
Merit: 1
October 11, 2018, 11:35:18 AM
Activity: 490
October 11, 2018, 06:52:32 AM
Hi guys!

Everything can be, but not so soon, but the governments of the countries are not very interested in that people were developed, which means that no one will seriously teach you, will give only the basics.
Activity: 420
October 11, 2018, 06:16:58 AM
I believe that over time, such changes can occur. I consider such ideas very important for the development of the world society. For example, many young people are not aware of the opportunities and benefits of crypto. Therefore, such training will help them learn new technologies and successful investments.
Activity: 168
The World’s First Blockchain Core
October 10, 2018, 07:42:47 PM
Hi guys!

Yeah that will be really amazing. Also people need to learn more about blockchain and you know when people getting older these kind of technologies seems more harder than before for these people.
For example even i hardly understand some technologies behind blockchain. So  it will be really good for students and they will realise how blockchain is amazing for our future.
That is really good idea. I hope some schools will start to teach about blockchain in near future.
Activity: 352
Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!
October 10, 2018, 07:37:56 PM
If we see a massive adoption of cryptocurrency on major countries and cities all over the world then we can expect cryptocurrency to be taught in schools. Once, cryptocurrency adoption starts there will be a drastic change over the whole economy in general.
Activity: 882
Merit: 326
October 10, 2018, 07:07:07 PM
If all schools have given lessons about crypto it will have a very positive impact, of course, hopefully in the future. Tampa crypto lessons in the world of school alone already knows a lot about what is a compulsory lesson and I don't know how much bitcoin will cost in the future if almost all students already know bitcoin and try to buy it
Activity: 236
Merit: 3
October 10, 2018, 06:53:28 PM
A step forward, someone once asked me if it's good to teach children about cryptocurrency, I said yes, because of the jet age we are now, the world is revolving fast, if we can teach children how much more at our schools.
Not just at high school but primaries/grades.
Activity: 504
ONe Social Network.
October 10, 2018, 06:44:52 PM
It's an excellent idea, and I also believe that they have implemented it as optional classes, it serves especially for people taking classes that have to do with finance and economy, since cryptos trading is an important job market right now, many people live off that and from what I see in the volumes of the market, will continue to grow infinitely.
Activity: 364
October 10, 2018, 06:40:52 PM
I think not far from the future in which cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology will be studied in schools, while it is already being studied at universities
Activity: 686
Merit: 251
October 10, 2018, 05:26:50 PM
At a minimum, cryptocurrencies should be studied in schools only because they exist at all, and if you consider that they already occupy a significant part of people's lives, this only adds points to their introduction to the school curriculum.
Activity: 266
Merit: 7
October 10, 2018, 05:19:47 PM
It'll, I hope in the future, the world will realize how much important cryptocurrencies are Grin
Activity: 353
October 10, 2018, 05:14:41 PM
The training at the school about the Cryptocurrency market is useful for the younger generation. Why? Young people learn more quickly than non-young people. Most people who are crypto money traders are under 30 years old....
Activity: 168
October 10, 2018, 02:38:54 PM
Why not? If we believe in the future of the growth and development of the world of crypto in the future, then I think this is a pressing question for today. Cool
Activity: 602
Merit: 106
October 10, 2018, 02:32:04 PM
In some ways the idea is pretty good one, it shows/teaches students how it's possible to indeed make a nice sum of money with relatively low work and initial investment. But there is also a downside to this idea - students, who think they are master investors after hearing some lessons can potentially make a investment too big and lose it all.

Still, not that bad idea.
Pages:
Jump to: