Pages:
Author

Topic: Cryptocurrency wallets: Can they be hacked?? - page 18. (Read 4079 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 100
If your Bitcoin wallet is hosted in a third party server (coinbase, blockchain, bittrex ect) then yes it can get hacked.

If your Bitcoin wallet is hosted on your own device, personal computer or in an offline paper wallet then it cannot get hacked.
This is completely incorrect, just because the wallet is stored in your own device it does not mean it cannot be hacked, the reason we see more hacks against exchanges has to do with the fact that they are big targets because of the great amount of coins that they hold, but make no mistake there is always a way to get hacked or to make you to reveal that information, some months ago thieves stole bitcoin from a trader the old fashioned way and this is only going to happen more frequently as the value of bitcoin goes up.

Yes, and small traders like us will always get ignored by hackers because they don't know how much is really on our wallet but with exchanges, they can expect on how much they can get. But we still need to be careful because maybe one of the people you know is a wanna-be hacker trying to steal your  money because you told them how much you have.
Activity: 392
Merit: 103
I am very interested to know if cryptocurrency wallets like Bitcoin Core, NEON, Electrum can ever be hacked ?

Yes they can be hack especial when you go a suspecious website then you put your wallet on thier. Or your you accidentally fill your passport or pk in a form. But some hacker didnt need that they just want your address and they can hacked it
Activity: 840
Merit: 502
If your Bitcoin wallet is hosted in a third party server (coinbase, blockchain, bittrex ect) then yes it can get hacked.

If your Bitcoin wallet is hosted on your own device, personal computer or in an offline paper wallet then it cannot get hacked.
This is completely incorrect, just because the wallet is stored in your own device it does not mean it cannot be hacked, the reason we see more hacks against exchanges has to do with the fact that they are big targets because of the great amount of coins that they hold, but make no mistake there is always a way to get hacked or to make you to reveal that information, some months ago thieves stole bitcoin from a trader the old fashioned way and this is only going to happen more frequently as the value of bitcoin goes up.
Activity: 77
Merit: 0
Online web wallets are not secured that enough those holding your private keys & is same with crypto exchanges they can be hacked directly by black hat guys by bypassing server security, wallet storage data. But wallets for which you are holding your private keys then it is then you own responsibility to safeguard it from hackers, malwares, keyloggers, phishing websites, malicious clipboard.
Activity: 299
Merit: 11
A lot is possible nowadays in terms of hacking but can be kept at bay if we do our duties to protect our cryptos. Mainly using cold storage wallets for the bulk of our holdings, 2-step authentications, even paper wallets can be used as long as you hold the private keys.
Activity: 756
Merit: 257
Freshdice.com
I am very interested to know if cryptocurrency wallets like Bitcoin Core, NEON, Electrum can ever be hacked ?
There are a lot of hackers nowadays, so i think there are some cryptocurrency wallets that can be hacked by hackers. For you not to be hacked by hackers better becareful and never give any information to an untrusted person because they may used it to steal all of your cryptos.
Activity: 714
Merit: 102
of course, as good as any program there must be a shortage that can be exploited by irresponsible people like hackers, especially for online wallet, wallet with internet method is very vulnerable to hacking, because people can do theft by using the internet from wherever he is.
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
with the advancement of technology and the ability of people who continue to increase does not close the possibility that the wallet bitcoin and other crypto wallets can be retashed, then any provider of bitcoin wallet is expected to continue to develop its security so that not many loopholes that can be entered by people who commit cheats that can harm others.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
Myself with that have not yet encountered, but have friends which have already been hacked for a simple reason - carelessness! If you are going to store your savings on a working computer, then this is a big mistake, it is better for this purpose to buy a cheap laptop with a clean operating system!
Why you should buy a cheap laptop with clean operating system when you can just buy a hardware wallet which can give you the best security that you are looking for a wallet to store cryptocurrencies. Buying a hardware wallet is far way better and safer compare to buying a laptop with a slightly higher price compare to hardware wallets that are cheap and affordable.
Activity: 292
Myself with that have not yet encountered, but have friends which have already been hacked for a simple reason - carelessness! If you are going to store your savings on a working computer, then this is a big mistake, it is better for this purpose to buy a cheap laptop with a clean operating system!
Activity: 224
BitHostCoin.io
I don't think so. I believe that if these kinds of cryptowallets can get hacked easily, then many people must be complaining now and een in some social media. But there is almost none. Which means that a cryptocurrency wallet has multi layered protection.
It involves money investment so this should be continuously developed.

You are right, developers are continuously developing their wallets to avoid possible hacking in the near future, for me I think crypocurrencies wallets will not be hack.
Activity: 756
Merit: 12
I think that this crypto currency wallets can not be easily hacked , because if this is so , all bitcoin holders are already complaining about hacking, there maybe an incident of hacking that happen to the wallet of my friend ,we doubted that one of the admin stole the tokens after the distributions , they manipulate the stealing of token, or it was intercepted by the other party in the ICO project, my friend lost  hundred thousand tokens.

Bitcoin core wallet as far i know is safe. If hacker can hack that wallet, its really amazing with hackers doing. As far we keep our private key, i am believe hackers can not hack into our wallet. Its very safe because its blockchain
Activity: 350
Hacked into a good job. I love cryptocurrency and technology in the right direction. I believe that they can do it is a new way to have the right direction, but we can do to the fullest extent possible. Cause I think it is to say, I do a good thing that you need an online business, I do a lot of cryptocurrency
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
I don't think so. I believe that if these kinds of cryptowallets can get hacked easily, then many people must be complaining now and een in some social media. But there is almost none. Which means that a cryptocurrency wallet has multi layered protection.
It involves money investment so this should be continuously developed.
Activity: 322
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
I think that this crypto currency wallets can not be easily hacked , because if this is so , all bitcoin holders are already complaining about hacking, there maybe an incident of hacking that happen to the wallet of my friend ,we doubted that one of the admin stole the tokens after the distributions , they manipulate the stealing of token, or it was intercepted by the other party in the ICO project, my friend lost  hundred thousand tokens.
Activity: 434

The reason why there are popular market's is because of the security that is really good which no hackers can actually penetrate their wallet so just use a wallet or exchanger that is being trusted by everyone to avoid problems in the future.
Activity: 462
Merit: 12

If you are going to write that you can not crack a crypto currency purse - do not believe it or you are a complete lol.
Even if you keep your keys for entry very carefully, you still do not have a guarantee that the swindler, if he wants, will not get into your wallet.
Now the technology is being perfected with great speed, and we through our computer can not protect ourselves by 100%.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
Well, directly it is not possible but if you provide some details I helped buy some kind of action to the hacker then, of course, it is possible. Is not harder than a cheese. Suppose you clicked on a hyperlink are installed a malicious software into your PC where you have the wallet because the hacker will have the access to your wallet files. If you need security you can just encrypt a lot of stuff you can put the data like your wallet 5 in hardware wallet like ledger wallet you can encrypt your private key even though the hacker gets it cannot decrypt it without your access.
Activity: 683
Merit: 500
Any digital wallet can be hacked if the private key is exposed. A private key is exposed only via user error (saving your private key in your email or desktop for example and having somebody find it). So,  keep it carefully.
Activity: 220
Merit: 8
my NEO wallet has been hacked a few months ago. And my fault is clicking phising web, so they can open my wallet easily.
Pages:
Jump to: