Pages:
Author

Topic: Cryptocurrency wallets: Can they be hacked?? - page 19. (Read 4079 times)

Activity: 160
Merit: 0
Everything can be hacked, after it depends on if it's a cold stored wallet or how they keep their secret keys
Activity: 16
Only if you give your key password to others will you be hacked.

Cryptocurrency wallets is comparatively safe compared with other wallet, and youcan keep you coin in it.
Activity: 840
Merit: 502
Everything computer related is hackable. So of course. You always have to be careful to have the latest most secure wallet.
This is key, most people do not take the time to update their computers they think it is just a waste of time, and while I am not going to deny that sometimes it can be extremely annoying to update your computer and sometimes programs that work perfectly break down after an update, you still need to update your computer and its programs regularly or risk the possibility of being hacked with a known vulnerability.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
I am very interested to know if cryptocurrency wallets like Bitcoin Core, NEON, Electrum can ever be hacked ?
Any piece of software can be hacked under the right circumstances, but hackers are not going to take the hard road unless they have to, most people think of hackers as guys that can enter in any computer using code, and while the very best fit that definition most hackers use social engineering, basically they are going to deceive you to click a link that infects your computer and then they can steal your password and private key.
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
MEGATRON - THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION
Probably everything is able to be hacked, but the main problem is not in the code, or in the security system. The main problem is you'll be human. 99% of every hack that ever been performed, is because human made some mistakes before that.
Yes, the loopholes of your own mistakes in the past are loophole for hackers to penetrate and steal the property of investors. Take measures to protect yourself and your property in the cryptocurrency market because you certainly do not want to be hacked one day and take away your assets.
Activity: 291
I am very interested to know if cryptocurrency wallets like Bitcoin Core, NEON, Electrum can ever be hacked ?
I think hack is unavoidable eventually. You just need to be prepared for that and try to secure your account the most, and also you need to diversify your capital, not holding it the particular one account.
Activity: 741
Merit: 500
Probably everything is able to be hacked, but the main problem is not in the code, or in the security system. The main problem is you'll be human. 99% of every hack that ever been performed, is because human made some mistakes before that.
Activity: 208
Absolutely! Nothing is safe nowadays. Impossible things for ordinary people like us, were always possible to hackers. Speaking from my own experience, my wallet was hacked just about 2 months ago. To think that i was very very cautious in handling my wallet and yet, a total stranger benefited from my hard earned tokens. If execrating can kill, that hacker would be dead by now.
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
Why not. Cryptocurrency wallets can be hacked. Several wallets have been hacked in the past. For your wallet to be hacked, it means the hacker has access to some vital information such as private keys, keystore files or passwords. This information can be gotten if you input your information unto a phishing site, or a close associate steals them from your system, or through some malware or spyware.
Activity: 1918
Merit: 370
Any wallet is vulnerable to hacks, because there are several angles of attack. A hacker might not even have to exploit the

wallet software or code. They can use the "Man in the Middle" attack strategy where they intercept the data before it is

send to the wallet or they can use a Phishing strategy where they re-direct you to their fake site or wallet software. They can

even install Malware on your computer to capture all the data that you enter to re-use it on another computer. They can steal

your seed when you create the wallet or grab your private key, when you use the wrong method to create Paper wallets for

cold storage.  Roll Eyes

Yes, it can be hack. There are a lot of reports about crypto hacking, just last month, there was a hacking incident in Korea,million of crypto were gone in a tin air, anything online is always at risk for any possible hacking. Be safe , secure crypto wallet, never leave your password to anyone.
Activity: 213
Merit: 1
Of course even you secured it it will be back because hackers is smart and they do anything to steal our funds. Hackers is more smartier now and know all about technology so even wè don't want to happen it will happen not only in crypto even in some platform hackers steal a information.
Activity: 1139
Merit: 500
One of the main problem for cryptocurrency market is hacking. It is just like one click, and all of your savings and your investments would disappear. Investing in bitcoin can provide or you can earn big or small amount of money. This could be the problem for cryptocurrency. It needs more security and safety for your own virtual money.
Hackers are all around us, and are very rampant nowadays. Security and safety should be the topmost priority to prevent from becoming a victim of scammers or hackers. It's best to use a strong random password, and not share it to anyone. We should be careful with online transaction and it's important to backup wallet to help protect against computer and human failures.
Activity: 174
of course the wallet can be hacked because the technology is getting more and more hackers who want to get the coins instantly (without having to work) and I have often heard if their wallets hacked
Activity: 128
My personal opinion on this subject is.
"impossible" to hack the wallet with the security of the blockchain system. it is the safest security system that exists today.
unless you give your personal key to someone else's wallet.
Activity: 92
Everything can be hacked if the right and experienced hacker intends to hack the platform, but exchanges get hacked more often than wallets, it is quite hard to hack a wallet, most times it is only possible to hack a wallet if the attacker gets hold of the wallets private key.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Arianee:Smart-link Connecting Owners,Assets,Brands
One of the main problem for cryptocurrency market is hacking. It is just like one click, and all of your savings and your investments would disappear. Investing in bitcoin can provide or you can earn big or small amount of money. This could be the problem for cryptocurrency. It needs more security and safety for your own virtual money.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
Lets Go Adab

In my own opinion, cryptocurrency can be hacked because there are a lot of people who are moaning on their wallets that is being cleaned up in the market but i think that it will be depending on how good is the security of a market.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
If hackers want to, they will can because almost all in the internet are hackable and it will be easy to those hackers who really have the knowledge when it comes to hacking. So it's recommended to use a hard wallet so that you are the only one who can access your own wallet, but if you don't have the cash to have one then it's okay to use internet based wallet but make sure you don't share the information about your wallet.
Activity: 364
yes it has been a real problem now days.the best option is Hardware wallets are one of the safest ways to store cryptocurrency investments. They are what is known as “cold storage”. Which means it is offline and it is more secure than “hot storage” wallets (like software wallets or web wallets). Therefore, in my opinion, this is the best cryptocurrency wallet type to choose.
The hardware wallet differs from the paper wallet in that it provides built-in high security. The hardware wallet, which looks like a USB flash drive, has advanced security. This means the device cannot be accessed by people without the correct password. It helps greatly to improve security.

Activity: 98
Yes. Cyrpto wallets are the easy targets of hackers and they are very easy to be hacked if one is careless enough to use his or private key on any website.
Pages:
Jump to: