Pages:
Author

Topic: Cryptocurrency wallets: Can they be hacked?? - page 2. (Read 4079 times)

Activity: 345
Merit: 10
In today's technology nothing is impossible. Your wallet can be hacked any time you are loopholes, careless they can take away. Hackers are very smart, I think you should stay away from unreliable links, emails and even dirty websites that you visit and choose a stable operating system. Always be careful.
Activity: 91
Merit: 0
Usually the wallet will not be attacked, and your mobile smart device and computer are usually attacked. They usually steal user data and passwords, but they cannot attack the wallet directly.
Activity: 94
Merit: 2
I am very interested to know if cryptocurrency wallets like Bitcoin Core, NEON, Electrum can ever be hacked ?
definitely yes, but it is because of the users end not because the of the wallet perse especially if your wallet is decentralize, hacker  entry is throough emailed phising site, or crack app downloads with malware, or visiting suspicious websites etc. so you you to be very carefull.
anything can be break doesn't matter how strong your security is. We should not share our passwords with any one plus we have to use strong passwords because anyone can guess it.
Activity: 70
I am very interested to know if cryptocurrency wallets like Bitcoin Core, NEON, Electrum can ever be hacked ?
definitely yes, but it is because of the users end not because the of the wallet perse especially if your wallet is decentralize, hacker  entry is throough emailed phising site, or crack app downloads with malware, or visiting suspicious websites etc. so you you to be very carefull.
I will prefer to use hardware wallet like ledger or nano wallet as they are cold storage's and most secure. Since they are offline wallet and no available online, no one can hack them.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 501
PRofessional hackers? I don't think so if they don't have the private keys that are really needed when opening an account, but there is also some crypto wallets that don't have private keys, maybe that are the wallets that can be hacked by hackers. As long as you know how to protect your private keys then we should not be going to worry about hacking our wallet.
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
I think this depends on how the security of the cryptocurrency wallet technology is used, because only a few cases have been hacked, because maybe it is also the negligence of the user, so you can save all the cryptocurrency you have in the safest wallet.
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
OMNITY Knowledge, connected
Serious wallets have such efficient protection systems that it is humanly impossible to hack them.
But it is certainly possible to hack YOUR computer if you do not use the appropriate precautionary measures.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
Unfortunately they can. Most of the thefts occur in Ethereum cryptocurrency wallets. Using additional security measures will help you save your money and protect you from unnecessary losses. Do not forget it. It is better to spend a few extra minutes to install a secure browser extension or two-factor verification for your wallet than to spend weeks or months to compensate for lost funds and recover losses.
Activity: 238
There is no single wallet that can be self protected without being hacked. Each and every wallet can be hacked if you play lose game by exposing your account details.
Activity: 756
Merit: 102
no matter how safe,how secured a digital wallet is. it can be hacked... by leaked wallet informations. digital wallets are secured but the problem here is you if your responsible enough to store all your wallet info in a safe place and prevent it from being leaked or else say goodbye to your wallet.

Its true. The security of our wallet is depending on our self. If we can not keep our private key safe and share it to anyone, our wallet can be dangerous. If we want to keep our wallet safe, always keep private key on safe place and not share it to anyone except our trusted people
Yes it can be that's why wallets gives you highly security. Recently i heard the news that hackers hacked some wallets and stole all the bitcoins. Nothing is safe in internet's world.

Thats why we shouldnt be confident at all times especially if we liked to hodl a huge amount of cryptos on our wallet .  in my case , i constantly withdrew my coins and i keep the money on my own hands so that it can be safe from any harm . not only i can avoid hackers and scammers , i can also avoid the dangers of fluctuations .

Getting a hardware wallet or storing our cryptos offline can also give us an extra protection if we are really conscious about our safety .
Activity: 322
Merit: 16

the possibility of hacking remains even more so if you are negligent in maintaining your privacy and account, because most of the hack in cryptocurrency occurs due to user negligence in maintaining confidentiality, and also some other reasons such as opening a phishing web or opening a scam email and so on, so to avoid hacking itself you have to pay more attention to what web you open whether the web is valid, and be careful in opening suspicious e-mails, it can reduce your risk of being hacked, because basically every time there is a gap there will be some people who take advantage of that moment. no system is safe
Activity: 532
Merit: 10

Well, honestly in the cyberworld world there is still a chance to hack those highly secured informations and we must aware on that possibility that can be hack. Also, users must do the safety doings in order to avoid those hackers and each informations that we have should always secured.
Activity: 178
of course it can be hacked even I've read several times about hacking in digital wallets. investment in cryptocurrency is indeed very risky in addition to its very volatile value because this hacker is everywhere. they will find every way to break into our wallets. so we must always be vigilant and careful in every transaction and do not trust anyone.
Activity: 158
Merit: 11
Omnity - Unifying Knowledge For Faster Insight
Everything can be hacked, but if you respect the basic rules of security, it becomes virtually impossible.
So, without becoming paranoid, it is enough to use the same attention that we put in not leaving the homedoor open ...
Activity: 97
no matter how safe,how secured a digital wallet is. it can be hacked... by leaked wallet informations. digital wallets are secured but the problem here is you if your responsible enough to store all your wallet info in a safe place and prevent it from being leaked or else say goodbye to your wallet.

Its true. The security of our wallet is depending on our self. If we can not keep our private key safe and share it to anyone, our wallet can be dangerous. If we want to keep our wallet safe, always keep private key on safe place and not share it to anyone except our trusted people
Yes it can be that's why wallets gives you highly security. Recently i heard the news that hackers hacked some wallets and stole all the bitcoins. Nothing is safe in internet's world.
Activity: 56

Wallets private key are the important thing which needs to be kept secure and do no to be disclosed to anyone. If you tell your private to your near and dear ones, it is subjected to risk of hack.

Activity: 70

Crytpto currency wallets can be hacked if we do not follow the common practices of password and security. Majority of hacks are done because we did not take necessary measures of security which were needed in the first place.
Activity: 714
Merit: 252
There will always be ways that it can be hacked but it all starts on how do we use it. Hackers will try to look for exploits. After all, it's still money.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
There are so many types of electronic wallets today so choose the right kind of personal protection. I usually keep my coins on my purse because I do not trade the days I usually invest long term so for me purse is the safest.
Activity: 72
Yes it can be hacked i guess,for this kind of generation we all know that theres so much genius and hightech gadgets so it is not difficult for them to trace or hack our wallets.,and also just be carefull in giving our personal informations or kyc to any company who ask for it, be wise and alert.
On the internet, everything can be hacked, because the internet makes the world a network. In order not to be hacked, of course we ourselves must protect it, at least with a fairly complicated password, and do not carelessly open an obscure email. Moreover, wallet with bitcoin must be super careful.
Pages:
Jump to: