Pages:
Author

Topic: CryptoKingdom Markets - page 3. (Read 9252 times)

legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
April 20, 2017, 08:05:40 PM
CAN production went up 10x, but the price is about double in correlation: 1.6mil @ 3,000 to 16mil @ 600. The tendency of the market has always been to hoard CAN, so no telling where the price steadies (I say steadies as CAN"s always been a volatile market).
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team
April 17, 2017, 10:19:11 PM
Anyone following the depository markets in CK has to conclude that trying to peg Markka to Euro at 10,000 M = 1 EUR is at current market values is pure fiction.

Historically states have maintained this kind of fiction by imposing foreign exchange controls, including different forms of the "same" currency, and or course restricting and even prohibiting the holding of foreign currencies. The point of exchange controls is to preserve the foreign exchange reserves of the sovereign, while maintaining the fiction of a higher valuation of the national currency than its actual market value.  In the case of CryptoKingdom the foreign exchange consists primarily of Monero (XMR), Bitcoin (XBT) and now Euros (EUR).

I am providing two links one historical and one modern on the subject of exchange controls for those who may not be familiar or have actually experienced this issue.

http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/archive/Documents/historicpubs/qb/1967/qb67q3245260.pdf
http://www.linklaters.com/pdfs/mkt/london/Eurozone-Bulletin-Capital-Exchange-Controls.pdf

I personally have experienced foreign exchange controls from the 1960's until the 1990's.
legendary
Activity: 121
Merit: 100
April 16, 2017, 08:15:04 PM
I am re posting here the post on the EUR (E1) markets that was deleted from the main CK thread.

1. Earliest 6 game-days from this notice, every single FUCK will be taken from its owner and consumed with no obvious effect. (Multiple FUCKs are unaffected.)

2. 1*E1=10,000*M peg was removed from the marketmaking. E1 (as well as everything else) floats freely now, infinite ladder by Coinshop.

3. Currently circulating M certificates will retain fixed conversion (EUR 10 in banknotes for 100,000 Markka in certificates received and vice versa).

4. Every time the price of E1 reaches 7,000*M, each M will give 1*M newdividend (ie. item:M quantity doubles and percentage ownership is unaffected).

5. Certificates are excluded from the dividend, so it is possible to keep a part of your stash as darknessmoney (cash), but the lightmoney (changelog) pays dividends over time.

Here are my thoughts on all of this.

Markka, M, is both the ingame currency for CryptoKingdom and equity in CryptoKingdom itself, since it is CK re-denominated. This is like using stock in Linden Labs rather than Linden Dollars as the in game currency in Second Life. Personally I find the idea very appealing since effectively CryptoKingdom is owned by its players.

Pegging M to EUR made no sense at all. This was aggravated by an artificially high price about 3.5x the market rate and highly restricted market for EUR withdrawals. So to say the least I am very pleased that this artificial 1*E1=10,000*M peg was removed from the marketmaking and E1 will be allowed to float freely. Nevertheless E1 is to say the least very inefficient for deposits and withdrawals, especially when compared to M3 and B1. It would make sense to do market making for E1 based upon M3/M and B1/M rates and the EUR/XMR and EUR/XBT rates.

Re-denominating M based upon the market value of E1 makes sense to me provided that that it is based upon proper market discovery, which in practice may involved the M3/M and B1/M rates and the EUR/XMR and EUR/XBT rates.

I fail to see the point of a separate item for E1 certificates unless these certificates charge or pay interest. If someone wishes to hold EUR in CK why can't they just hold E1?

Edit: A stock split and a stock dividend are in reality the same thing, although some tax authorities attempt to distinguish between the two.

I hope this post fares better in this thread.

I also think that having the ownership tied to currency is a neat idea, when tied to a game. I suppose it would also be partially equivalent to using Activision Blizzard stock as WoW gold. Partially because they offer multiple games that use different currency, and because those games don't offer property of value (with title to non-fungible land), though they do offer fungible items.

I'm a little on-edge about non-fungible land (titles to land in chapelries), due to seeing how the Star Wars MMO ended up with so many barren houses, but haven't put much thought to that yet. Maybe if it's designed well then it'll be different.

I'm still a lot confused about the E1 peg, unless it was an attempt at an early buy-out or something. Maybe it was just the act of giving without a fuck? Maybe it was an attempt to confirm the belief that, today the proclamation could be made that he's definitely probably got another million in his pocket (25% outstanding Markka ownership i think is what he's got, and said it won't go below 5M cap). Maybe a lot of things, as instructions seem to come day by day Smiley

As far as E1 certificates - maybe a CYA to say 'oh its game items don't pay attention'? Also the exchange for certificates, assuming the reach is greater than that of the current walking ATM's, would allow for digital movement of E1 from one to another without having to exchange for something else. This of course hinges on whether or not physical Euro's can be redeemed IRL. I don't have a passport ATM, and don't have anyone locally in which to guarantee this is the case, so have chosen to assume that the truth has been spoken in regards to there being 800k or so Euros that can be redeemed from walking ATM's and/or depository in some location somewhere in Estonia, probably in or around Tallinn, I'm not familiar with the geography.

Good point about the stock split == stock dividend, hadn't thought about it like that. But dividends typically are given in fiat, and the choice is often (to the point where it's just a checkmark), but not always, to buy stock with that fiat that was divided. In this case, with the stock being the same as currency, they are the exact same.

Here is a snapshot of the CryptoKingdom depository markets and their pricing in terms of  Markka (M) and Monero (XMR)

In terms of Markka

M3 (XMR)
32,789  (Ask)          32,464  (Bid)

B1 (XBT)
184,149   (Ask)     182,321 (Bid)

E1 (EUR)
90,000   (Ask)       10,201  (Bid)

Now here is where it gets very interesting. I used the mid market price for M3 (XMR) 32626.5 and recalculated the prices in terms of Monero (XMR) and compared them with the external free markets

M3 (XMR)
1.005      (Ask)     0.995  (Bid)        1.000

B1 (XBT)
56.44      (Ask)    55.88  (Bid)           57.92 (Market price from Coinmarketcap https://coinmarketcap.com/#BTC)

E1 (EUR)
0.02758  (Ask)        0.00313  (Bid)       0.05181 (Market price from Coinmarketcap https://coinmarketcap.com/#EUR)

Can someone please explain to me why anyone would sell EUR for 0.00313 XMR each (319.5 XMR/EUR) when the current market value is more like 0.05181 XMR (19.30 XMR/EUR)? We are not talking futures contracts here or are we?

Thank you very much for doing this, I've wanted to do this, or something similar to it, for a few days now.

Stability wrt XMR at this point with these numbers would indicate that B1 should stabilize ~ 60, and E1 should stabilize ~.05.

Seemingly there is unease in owning E1 itself, as its only withdrawal method being physical atm.

Maybe it's just to analyze/measure the rate at which people will pull 'x' currency out of the system, and move forward accordingly?

Add: of course there is the very real possibility that stability  with xmr does not happen, or does not happen very long, as I did see the claim somewhere that the costs of depository shares are going down on the return of 100 billion markka.. in which case I would imagine the relentless selling of deposited shares would likely continue .. albeit with less confusion than before.
Activity: 121
April 16, 2017, 07:16:44 PM
I'm curious about where the CAN market is heading. Any ideas?

up apparently Cheesy
legendary
Monero Core Team
April 16, 2017, 05:34:44 PM
Here is a snapshot of the CryptoKingdom depository markets and their pricing in terms of  Markka (M) and Monero (XMR)

In terms of Markka

M3 (XMR)
32,789  (Ask)          32,464  (Bid)

B1 (XBT)
184,149   (Ask)     182,321 (Bid)

E1 (EUR)
90,000   (Ask)       10,201  (Bid)

Now here is where it gets very interesting. I used the mid market price for M3 (XMR) 32626.5 and recalculated the prices in terms of Monero (XMR) and compared them with the external free markets

M3 (XMR)
1.005      (Ask)     0.995  (Bid)        1.000

B1 (XBT)
56.44      (Ask)    55.88  (Bid)           57.92 (Market price from Coinmarketcap https://coinmarketcap.com/#BTC)

E1 (EUR)
0.02758  (Ask)        0.00313  (Bid)       0.05181 (Market price from Coinmarketcap https://coinmarketcap.com/#EUR)

Can someone please explain to me why anyone would sell EUR for 0.00313 XMR each (319.5 XMR/EUR) when the current market value is more like 0.05181 XMR (19.30 XMR/EUR)? We are not talking futures contracts here or are we?
Activity: 89
Merit: 11
April 16, 2017, 03:24:56 PM
This is of particular interest here, and it's less likely to be rage-troll-deleted here.

For those of you who've been had by pressing enter in the middle of a line,

For those of you who haven't yet,

Here's a greasemonkey script which will fix this. If works with recent Firefox at least.
It needs the Greasemonkey plugin to work, obviously. Available on the mozilla FF plugin site (Tools/Addons).

Enjoy not selling your stuff to Mooo for cheap Cheesy

// ==UserScript==
// @name        No split line
// @namespace   CK
// @description Prevents enter in the middle of a command splitting it
// @include     https://cryptokingdom.me/*
// @version     1
// @grant       none
// ==/UserScript==

cli=document.getElementById("cli")

function on_key(e)
{
  if (e.which == 13)
    {
      var len = text.value.length;
      cli.text.selectionStart = len;
      cli.text.selectionEnd = len;
    }
}

if (cli) cli.addEventListener("keypress", on_key, true);
legendary
Monero Core Team
April 14, 2017, 11:33:51 AM
I am re posting here the post on the EUR (E1) markets that was deleted from the main CK thread.

1. Earliest 6 game-days from this notice, every single FUCK will be taken from its owner and consumed with no obvious effect. (Multiple FUCKs are unaffected.)

2. 1*E1=10,000*M peg was removed from the marketmaking. E1 (as well as everything else) floats freely now, infinite ladder by Coinshop.

3. Currently circulating M certificates will retain fixed conversion (EUR 10 in banknotes for 100,000 Markka in certificates received and vice versa).

4. Every time the price of E1 reaches 7,000*M, each M will give 1*M newdividend (ie. item:M quantity doubles and percentage ownership is unaffected).

5. Certificates are excluded from the dividend, so it is possible to keep a part of your stash as darknessmoney (cash), but the lightmoney (changelog) pays dividends over time.

Here are my thoughts on all of this.

Markka, M, is both the ingame currency for CryptoKingdom and equity in CryptoKingdom itself, since it is CK re-denominated. This is like using stock in Linden Labs rather than Linden Dollars as the in game currency in Second Life. Personally I find the idea very appealing since effectively CryptoKingdom is owned by its players.

Pegging M to EUR made no sense at all. This was aggravated by an artificially high price about 3.5x the market rate and highly restricted market for EUR withdrawals. So to say the least I am very pleased that this artificial 1*E1=10,000*M peg was removed from the marketmaking and E1 will be allowed to float freely. Nevertheless E1 is to say the least very inefficient for deposits and withdrawals, especially when compared to M3 and B1. It would make sense to do market making for E1 based upon M3/M and B1/M rates and the EUR/XMR and EUR/XBT rates.

Re-denominating M based upon the market value of E1 makes sense to me provided that that it is based upon proper market discovery, which in practice may involved the M3/M and B1/M rates and the EUR/XMR and EUR/XBT rates.

I fail to see the point of a separate item for E1 certificates unless these certificates charge or pay interest. If someone wishes to hold EUR in CK why can't they just hold E1?

Edit: A stock split and a stock dividend are in reality the same thing, although some tax authorities attempt to distinguish between the two.
legendary
April 14, 2017, 08:17:37 AM
For more visibility:

==========IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT========
At 14:30 GMT, Crypto Kingdom will be going back online (~6 hr from now). At
this time, all trading will be enabled and game will pick up exactly where it
left off about 2 days ago. Bids/Asks will not be cancelled. The system has been
migrated to a new platform and should be much faster with redundant backups.

Notice has been given so that the largest amount of ck population can be online
when the system returns. Please be ready...
====================================

Will be interesting to see how depomarkets react.
Activity: 89
Merit: 11
April 14, 2017, 06:27:54 AM
For more visibility:

==========IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT========
At 14:30 GMT, Crypto Kingdom will be going back online (~6 hr from now). At
this time, all trading will be enabled and game will pick up exactly where it
left off about 2 days ago. Bids/Asks will not be cancelled. The system has been
migrated to a new platform and should be much faster with redundant backups.

Notice has been given so that the largest amount of ck population can be online
when the system returns. Please be ready...
====================================

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
April 12, 2017, 09:29:09 AM
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.18558698
§10 Cause the marketcap of Markka be higher than that of Bitcoin continuously during the last 24 days of the Mission. (This is mainly to domesticate MP, who controls Bitcoin, yet continues to scold you publicly as he is unwilling to grok the speed of things happening.) This section is graded by SirJacket.
M to the Moon(s of Saturn)!
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003
April 12, 2017, 02:06:17 AM
Very nice and long-awaited S-LL dividends finally Shocked

What was it per share?

Don't remember, but it was worth buying shares for approximately M*1,000,000 - M*500,000 each.

I own 25 shares:

404681 Dividend M3 1,250
404671 Dividend M  2,500,000
404663 Dividend M  25

It was 50 M3/share, plus 10000 M/share.

What is char_id of the corp? IIRC it mostly backed by M3, this is good, real assets are better in any age. M lost 70% of its "value" since yesterday (IRL time). Vapor holders losing their shirts.

Update: M lost 100% of its "value" (5 min. after). This is reality check.
Activity: 763
Merit: 534
April 12, 2017, 01:55:15 AM
Found some additional data on Second Life. Perhaps the CK setup can avoid some of the problems SL has experienced (and can learn from them).

Data driven site for Second Life: http://gridsurvey.com/

http://nwn.blogs.com/nwn/2017/04/second-life-annual-revenue-sansar.html

"Second Life Annual Revenue Likely Down to Around $50 Million, Based on Land Tier Payment Estimates -- Was $100M/Year in 2009"
April 12, 2017, 01:22:00 AM
Two recent posts worth taking note of:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.18547533

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/crypto-kingdom-1991-retro-virtual-worldcity-819073

Second Life is a very interesting case study as it is something that most have given up for dead (https://www.wired.com/2015/12/5-companies-you-thought-were-doomed-but-are-actually-fine-for-now/), but still generates solid revenue on a fairly small player base. The company is trying to move into VR with their latest project (https://www.wired.co.uk/article/philip-rosedale-high-fidelity) and the stock is actually traded on SharesPost, though I couldn't find recent price data.

"As recently as July 2009, one breathless analyst forecast annual revenues for Linden Lab at $100M USD and valued the company at $678-700M." - http://nwn.blogs.com/nwn/2009/07/700-million-world.html

Curious what others think about CK in relation to Second Life and vice versa...
legendary
Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000
April 11, 2017, 11:29:45 PM
Very nice and long-awaited S-LL dividends finally Shocked

What was it per share?

Don't remember, but it was worth buying shares for approximately M*1,000,000 - M*500,000 each.

I own 25 shares:

404681 Dividend M3 1,250
404671 Dividend M  2,500,000
404663 Dividend M  25

It was 50 M3/share, plus 10000 M/share.
Activity: 196
April 10, 2017, 05:02:38 PM
What's your char ID #? I promised to raffle off a prize in IRC and you, Sammy007 and Loaf qualify.
legendary
April 10, 2017, 02:59:17 PM
can I calculate the maintenance costs for buildings in advance? How expensive was maintenance in the past?

What's your char ID #? I promised to raffle off a prize in IRC and you, Sammy007 and Loaf qualify.
April 10, 2017, 10:05:51 AM
can I calculate the maintenance costs for buildings in advance? How expensive was maintenance in the past?

The clans update will more than likely bring major changes, so prior information that you find in the CK thread may be less valuable. In any event, you can't building anything at the moment, but if you are talking about items you already own, I would say keep some M on hand to pay any fees.
Activity: 196
April 10, 2017, 09:12:11 AM
Pages:
Jump to: