Pages:
Author

Topic: crypto.pm | an upcoming cryptocurrency exchange - page 4. (Read 12698 times)

Activity: 89
Merit: 10
Interesting to see that you're courageous enough to use Node.js despite lack of integer (or decimal) types in JavaScript. Have you cooked your own decimal library or are you just confident that floating point works well enough even in the monetary domain?

We've built prototypes in more than one language, but you might be interested to know that BigDecimal/BigInteger was ported to Node. I'm not confident about floating point in the least, but I am confident in "immutable, arbitrary-precision, signed decimal numbers".

https://github.com/iriscouch/bigdecimal.js
Activity: 66
Interesting to see that you're courageous enough to use Node.js despite lack of integer (or decimal) types in JavaScript. Have you cooked your own decimal library or are you just confident that floating point works well enough even in the monetary domain?
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
.pm is hardly country neutral....since .pm is a country...but hey....

Being from the uk myself, I dont care on the name, just gimme a uk exchange Cheesy
I have decided I would like to help with the project, as you are UK based and seem serious about this venture then I feel I could add to the venture. I can do branding, web design, 3D, Illustration and pretty much any design related content. If you can do the technical stuff I am confident I could create a professional looking exchange, my coding at the moment is limited to HTML & CSS. I have been working on this project lately (http://www.marketutopia.co.uk/).

How come the .pm domain name by the way? Is it not better to use a .com and register the .co.uk too?

It's not necessarily better to use a .com; and as we're targeting a global market - we wanted a country neutral domain. Out of all the suggestions given to us by our brand agency, we ended up with crypto.pm - I like it personally!
In terms of trades per second, it can currently handle a little over 60,000 per second - and we're still in the midst of doing heavy optimization work on the engine.

May I ask about the testing environment? Was that from a single client over network, or a single local client? Also, single client actually can't make a trade, as two clients are needed. What is the connection protocol, API?

I am interested in the performance testing, and am going to conduct a performance testing of ICBIT exchange, however I would like to do it as close to real situation as possible.

It's a distributed worker environment, but the test environment is working with one of everything on the exchange side. In terms of testing, clients across the network simulating a full browser experience using the websocket API (which is what the site uses).
Activity: 674
Merit: 500
In terms of trades per second, it can currently handle a little over 60,000 per second - and we're still in the midst of doing heavy optimization work on the engine.

May I ask about the testing environment? Was that from a single client over network, or a single local client? Also, single client actually can't make a trade, as two clients are needed. What is the connection protocol, API?

I am interested in the performance testing, and am going to conduct a performance testing of ICBIT exchange, however I would like to do it as close to real situation as possible.
Activity: 406
I have decided I would like to help with the project, as you are UK based and seem serious about this venture then I feel I could add to the venture. I can do branding, web design, 3D, Illustration and pretty much any design related content. If you can do the technical stuff I am confident I could create a professional looking exchange, my coding at the moment is limited to HTML & CSS. I have been working on this project lately (http://www.marketutopia.co.uk/).

How come the .pm domain name by the way? Is it not better to use a .com and register the .co.uk too?
tldr

My advice is you should either do a Kickstarter or offer shares on cryptostocks.

Some technical questions, what kind of encryption are you using exactly? You boast of encryption but it's short on technical details. How many trades per second can your trading engine handle? We need some specs.

Whilst we do not require any form of external funding to bring this project to fruition - we are considering a cryptostock style implementation, we'll have some more information in the near future.

We're finalizing our encryption standards, and will be releasing details on this this coming Friday. In terms of trades per second, it can currently handle a little over 60,000 per second - and we're still in the midst of doing heavy optimization work on the engine.

Sorry if I have appeared vague in terms of specifications, but as we're finishing off finalizing them - I didn't want to provide false information.

Now you have my attention. 60,000 trades per second is much better than the current trading platforms.

That many trades per second is based on a single worker node currently, and they should (theoretically) scale up as traffic increases - increasing the total number of trades per second that the engine can handle. The postgresql database is clustered to hell and back and can handle damn near whatever we throw at it.

If you're interested in what the testing dashboard looks like, here's a link to a screenshot.

http://crypto.pm/gfx/crypto-dashboard.png
Activity: 714
Merit: 510
tldr

My advice is you should either do a Kickstarter or offer shares on cryptostocks.

Some technical questions, what kind of encryption are you using exactly? You boast of encryption but it's short on technical details. How many trades per second can your trading engine handle? We need some specs.

Whilst we do not require any form of external funding to bring this project to fruition - we are considering a cryptostock style implementation, we'll have some more information in the near future.

We're finalizing our encryption standards, and will be releasing details on this this coming Friday. In terms of trades per second, it can currently handle a little over 60,000 per second - and we're still in the midst of doing heavy optimization work on the engine.

Sorry if I have appeared vague in terms of specifications, but as we're finishing off finalizing them - I didn't want to provide false information.

Now you have my attention. 60,000 trades per second is much better than the current trading platforms.
tldr

Hey Max Keiser do open a receiving bank in Panama it would be great.

Vite

Max... Keiser?
legendary
Activity: 1018
Merit: 1000
Hey Max Keiser do open a receiving bank in Panama it would be great.

Vite
We've received quite a few emails in regards to crypto.pm - and we'll be offering invites to roughly another 40 people if they're interested in testing the trading platform. Testing is performed with simulated currencies during the early days.
Where are you guys operating from?

We are physically based in the United Kingdom, which is the reason for our working with the Financial Conduct Authority (they are the main financial regulatory body in the UK after the FSA split on April 1st). This project is the result of a number of talks with key people in the UK banking and trading industry in regards to the hoops we would have to jump through. We've decided that the hoops won't be a problem.
Activity: 406
Merit: 286
Neptune, Scalable Privacy
Where are you guys operating from?
People watching this thread might be interested to know that we are currently in talks with the FCA (successor to the FSA) with the goal of becoming authorized and are also currently working with a legal firm in order to ensure full KYC compliance in order to achieve maximum stability of the business.

KYC is all well and good but what about AML?

When I refer to KYC, I'm referring to the inclusion of anti-money laundering checks.
Activity: 434
People watching this thread might be interested to know that we are currently in talks with the FCA (successor to the FSA) with the goal of becoming authorized and are also currently working with a legal firm in order to ensure full KYC compliance in order to achieve maximum stability of the business.

KYC is all well and good but what about AML?
Sounds interesting! Do you consider SEPA funding four us european folks?

This is definitely something we're planning on. The legal groundwork to accept currency in multiple formats with receiving banks in numerous countries (for speed and cost reasons) is an absolute nightmare, but is something we're making headway on!
Pages:
Jump to: