Pages:
Author

Topic: CryptoSlax Linux Mining Distro - page 5. (Read 27723 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
February 21, 2014, 11:29:33 PM
Hmmm, okay, so the two bugs I've gotten so far are;

1) I can't SSH in and start a rig - it won't report temp data if you do that.

2) 2 of the 7 rigs don't boot at all, and just hang at "looking for slax data in /slax...."

Great work so far! 

1) if u want to get temp data, you need AMD ADL running in your ssh session, that is when ssh session started inside xorg, the easiest one is just remote using vnc client, then start console, and create screen session (screen -S mysession), then you ssh into your machine and run screen -r mysession, that screen session will have ADL enabled

2) is it AMD based motherboard chipset, if that so u need to enable AMD IOMMU in your bios, then clean your slax usb then try boot again

hey uray!  AMD based mobo here (gigabyte 970A-UD3P), when IOMMU is enabled in bios i get "Looking for slax data in /slax...." after fresh install.

if i disable IOMMU, then it boots, but no keyboard or mouse. 

i appreciate your help!
Activity: 1400
Merit: 505
February 20, 2014, 02:33:26 PM
Ongoing edit saga of getting this going, hehe.  So, what I've found now is that if I start the miner from the actual computer, ie mouse and keyboard, I get the GPU temps reported correctly, but if I ssh in and start cgminer, then I can't get temps.  It's weird because anubis will even get temp data when I start it locally, but gets 0's if I start remotely.

u need ssh session that start from xorg session because it need AMD ADL to access your GPU data, see my post here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5235096

Even when starting from the console, I only get GPU temps for the for first GPU (0), none of the others.

try :

aticonfig --adapter=all --initial -f
cp /etc/X11/xorg.conf /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/

then reboot
Activity: 1
February 20, 2014, 07:27:55 AM
Ongoing edit saga of getting this going, hehe.  So, what I've found now is that if I start the miner from the actual computer, ie mouse and keyboard, I get the GPU temps reported correctly, but if I ssh in and start cgminer, then I can't get temps.  It's weird because anubis will even get temp data when I start it locally, but gets 0's if I start remotely.

u need ssh session that start from xorg session because it need AMD ADL to access your GPU data, see my post here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5235096

Even when starting from the console, I only get GPU temps for the for first GPU (0), none of the others.
February 19, 2014, 05:01:33 PM
now it has official website: http://www.cryptoslax.web.id
February 19, 2014, 08:11:27 AM

February 19, 2014, 08:09:19 AM
Looks great, I can't get internet on my MSI G45 gaming motherboard though no matter what I try...

does your ethernet device detected? can you provide me the result of #lspci ?
February 19, 2014, 08:07:41 AM
I am a linux newb. I am having trouble making this into a working boot disk any chance at some detailed instructions?

Thanks
Steve

where u got stuck?

its simple, format your flashdisk into FAT32 partition, extract .7z contents into your flashdisk, then run [FlashDisk:]/boot/bootinst.bat as administrator, then boot using your flashdisk ( u might need to change boot order settings in your BIOS)
February 19, 2014, 07:56:07 AM

2) 2 of the 7 rigs don't boot at all, and just hang at "looking for slax data in /slax...."

Great work so far! 

1) if u want to get temp data, you need AMD ADL running in your ssh session, that is when ssh session started inside xorg, the easiest one is just remote using vnc client, then start console, and create screen session (screen -S mysession), then you ssh into your machine and run screen -r mysession, that screen session will have ADL enabled

2) is it AMD based motherboard chipset, if that so u need to enable AMD IOMMU in your bios, then clean your slax usb then try boot again
Activity: 10
February 17, 2014, 12:35:14 PM

I can confirm that there is something wrong when mining with R9 290's (not sure if other cards mine fine with scrypt). The same cgminer.conf works fine on bamt, giving me 850KH/s on each card, when tested with this distro on the cgminer included, I just get HW errors

Heres the settings im using

Code:
"intensity" : "20",
"vectors" : "1",
"worksize" : "256",
"lookup-gap" : "2",
"thread-concurrency" : "27400",
"shaders" : "0",
"api-listen" : true,
"api-port" : "4028",
"api-allow" : "W:127.0.0.1",
"expiry" : "120",
"gpu-dyninterval" : "7",
"gpu-platform" : "0",
"gpu-threads" : "1",
"gpu-engine" : "950,950",
"gpu-memclock" : "1375,1375",
"gpu-powertune" : "20,20",
"temp-target" : "83,83",
"temp-overheat" : "90,90",
"temp-cutoff" : "95,95",
"log" : "5",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"queue" : "1",
"scan-time" : "60",
"scrypt" : true,
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin"

I'll try and see if i can recompile the cgminer-opencl and see if it was a bad compile or its the built in amd drivers
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
February 16, 2014, 04:07:27 PM
I am a linux newb. I am having trouble making this into a working boot disk any chance at some detailed instructions?

Thanks
Steve
Activity: 6
February 15, 2014, 03:31:05 PM
Im testing this distro (0.3b), however im having issues running the cgminer-opencl on a Dual R9 290, for some reason it always generates HW errrors, tested several parameters like

Code:
cgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://middlecoin.com:3333 -u username -p x --thread-concurrency 20481 -w 256 --lookup-gap 2 -X 256

Tried several concurrency values and they all generate HW errors.

Tested the verticoin GPU miner and it works fine (and produces the normal KH/s for the cards), and so does the Protoshare GPU miner.. anyone else had any luck running the scrypt miner of this distro???

having the same issue exactly with the same config, i also cant seem to get the scrypt settings to stick though everything else does.

any help would be great
Activity: 168
February 15, 2014, 10:57:02 AM
When running bootinst.bat (win 7 x64) it just states it can't find the specified path, though obviously I can get into the USB drive just fine to run it. Thoughts?

Otherwise this looks great so far, keep up the good works Cool

Run as admin.
February 15, 2014, 10:56:30 AM
I may stick with 0.2. Don't need/want VNC or SMB. kalroth-cgminer would be a nice addition for the next version though!

0.3beta uses that binary (aka cgminer 3.7.3)

Thanks, I didn't realize!
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
www.DonateMedia.org
February 15, 2014, 01:30:13 AM
When running bootinst.bat (win 7 x64) it just states it can't find the specified path, though obviously I can get into the USB drive just fine to run it. Thoughts?

Otherwise this looks great so far, keep up the good works Cool
February 14, 2014, 07:49:53 PM
I may stick with 0.2. Don't need/want VNC or SMB. kalroth-cgminer would be a nice addition for the next version though!

0.3beta uses that binary (aka cgminer 3.7.3)
February 14, 2014, 06:47:45 PM
Activity: 38
February 14, 2014, 05:02:52 PM

Great work so far! 

Activity: 163
February 14, 2014, 03:48:33 PM
Looks great, I can't get internet on my MSI G45 gaming motherboard though no matter what I try...
February 14, 2014, 12:15:56 PM
Im testing this distro (0.3b), however im having issues running the cgminer-opencl on a Dual R9 290, for some reason it always generates HW errrors, tested several parameters like

Code:
cgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://middlecoin.com:3333 -u username -p x --thread-concurrency 20481 -w 256 --lookup-gap 2 -X 256

Tried several concurrency values and they all generate HW errors.

Tested the verticoin GPU miner and it works fine (and produces the normal KH/s for the cards), and so does the Protoshare GPU miner.. anyone else had any luck running the scrypt miner of this distro???

Activity: 38
February 13, 2014, 05:02:37 PM
Pages:
Jump to: