Pages:
Author

Topic: CryptoSlax Linux Mining Distro - page 6. (Read 27723 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 251
February 13, 2014, 10:25:45 AM
Great work, truly! I look forward to seeing how this project develops.  Smiley
Activity: 1400
Merit: 505
February 12, 2014, 05:22:33 PM
build 0.3-beta update

CryptoSLAX 0.3, download (316 MB)
screenshot

Features :
  • only need minimal 512 MB USB FlashDisk
  • can run with unplugged flash disk, since SLAX can copy itself to run from computer RAM
  • built-in cgMiner-3.7.2 with support for GPU scrypt (ltc, doge & friends), scrypt:2048 (vertcoin), SHA256 (bitcoin), keccak(sha3:maxcoin)
  • built-in yvg1900 protoshares cpu miner (all 64-bit variation of CPU)
  • built-in jhPrimeMiner xpm cpu miner (all 64-bit variation of CPU)
  • built-in clPts 0.2.2 (protoshare opencl miner)
  • built-in vertcoin cpu miner from max.1gh.com
  • built-in cgminer bitcoin miner (asic) 3.12.3
  • built-in vnc-server, sshd, smbd (automatically run out-of-the-box)
  • built-in AMD Catalyst 13.12 with ADL SDK 6.0 and AMD APP SDK 2.9
  • minimal installation, only KDE desktop with text-editor, web-browser, and file-manager

How To Install :
  • 1. Extract the content of .7z to formatted flash disk with FAT32 Partition
  • 2. Run [FLASHDISK]\slax\boot\bootinst.bat (on linux run bootinst.sh)
  • 3. Boot from it (make sure persistence changes is checked for first boot)
  • *. if needed, root password is toor

Changes :
  • updated AMD Catalyst to 13.12 , APP SDK 2.9, and AMD ADL 6.0
  • custom re-compiled x86_64 kernel to support AMD IOMMU
  • automatically detect AMD GPUs on first boot, and set x.org.conf
  • auto run VNC-server for display 0 on port 5901 on KDE login (warning : no-password!)
  • auto run SMB-server on boot (warning : no-password! , root access!)
  • auto sync local time with ntp server on boot
  • fully working KDE desktop, now dbus is working (you can copy-paste now, lol!)
  • clean-up using .sb, rootcopy folder now only has miner config files
  • now i call it CryptoSlax since slax-cryptominer is too long
  • added KDE mainmenu items to launch miner or edit miner config files
  • on launching miner, it will create screen session before run the miner, so you can access it from ssh remotely

warning : this distro is not secure, there are no firewall, and most service are open for root access without password
note: this is beta version, please report any kind of bugs or feature request
February 12, 2014, 04:16:47 PM
How to add to it the SHA3?

SHA3 will be supported on build 0.3, including SHA256, SHA3 (keccak), scrypt, scrypt2048 (vertcoin)

Slax will not boot.My motherboard that use a 64 bit processor and use

IOMMU in order to find those USB devices. Since the default SLAX 3.8.2

kernel doesnt include AMD IOMMU and doesnt have HID built in (it has

modules), some motherboards are not able to use USB keyboards at all

with their usb 2.0 ports.How can I fix this?

i recompiled the default slax 7.0.8 kernel to support AMD IOMMU on build 0.3, it is tested working on motherboard Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3, will be uploaded soon

uray, thanks for the builds.  Working well on 2 new rigs here.  Appreciate the efforts.

https://blockchain.info/tx/c2f7211f373705077e4faa1b890f3e56add9a9378ddc35cc46d1856c939d2671

thank you for the tip, i will continue to improve it !
February 12, 2014, 04:11:06 PM
Hello. I will use your distro during the week but is compatible with the new AMD graphics cards R9?

If not, I will be able to install the new drivers right?

it will be supported on build 0.3 using amd driver 13.12, uploading currently its still in beta though
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
February 02, 2014, 12:53:24 PM
Is cgminer patched for scrypt jane mining in this distro ?

thanks for the work, cheers

I doubt it. If there is an easy way to check though, let me know and I can look at one of mine.
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
February 01, 2014, 08:57:00 AM
Is cgminer patched for scrypt jane mining in this distro ?

thanks for the work, cheers
January 31, 2014, 01:42:54 AM
Hello,

my cgminer/bfgminer can't detect any gpu.
When i run aticonfig --odgt it's can show my GPU and also show the temperature.

when i run ./cgminer -n nothing error, gpu and opencl showing perfectly.

How to solve this problem ??

And also, how i can make a persisten change for cgminer, so when it reboot i don't have to add pool again.

Thank's

I wish I could help, but I've never seen cgminer not recognize a card after seeing it with the -n argument.

Regarding persistent changes, that is a default boot option. You do not have to do anything. I'm guessing the problem is that you are creating your startup scripts or configs in the /opt/cgminer/ directory? If so, that directory gets overwritten at boot. You either have to add the files offline (/slax/rootcopy/opt/cgminer/), or save them elsewhere. I just create scripts in /root/ (which is persistent) using command line arguments to start cgminer.
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
January 30, 2014, 02:40:34 PM
Hello,

my cgminer/bfgminer can't detect any gpu.
When i run aticonfig --odgt it's can show my GPU and also show the temperature.

when i run ./cgminer -n nothing error, gpu and opencl showing perfectly.

How to solve this problem ??

And also, how i can make a persisten change for cgminer, so when it reboot i don't have to add pool again.

Thank's
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
January 30, 2014, 10:51:52 AM
Yes, thank you uray for my future rigs!
January 29, 2014, 10:54:09 PM
uray, thanks for the builds.  Working well on 2 new rigs here.  Appreciate the efforts.

https://blockchain.info/tx/c2f7211f373705077e4faa1b890f3e56add9a9378ddc35cc46d1856c939d2671
January 28, 2014, 06:31:57 PM
Done! Smiley Now I need to try these other:
http://www.slax.org/it/modules.php?category=drivers

The "catalyst" module is in the first version.  The "experimental" module is in the latest version.  I guess you could try the "legacy" (13.1) module.
January 28, 2014, 06:15:30 PM
Done! Smiley Now I need to try these other:
http://www.slax.org/it/modules.php?category=drivers
January 28, 2014, 06:09:02 PM
Going around in linux forums I realized that is a bad combination of SDK + Driver version for series 5xxx Undecided

Try both versions of the distro?  Considering that one is using 13.4 and the other is using 13.8, I would think one of them might work!
January 28, 2014, 06:04:47 PM
Going around in linux forums I realized that is a bad combination of SDK + Driver version for series 5xxx Undecided
January 28, 2014, 05:53:40 PM

Have done infinite number of times:
OpenCL 1.2 AMD-APP 1214.3
Always All the GPU has the "harware monitoring enabled" and always all seems ok!

Weird.  I've yet to see cgminer not display temps when hardware monitoring is enabled.  Have you tried running without any settings beyond pool?

I believe the first version he released was 13.4 driver version, so maybe see if that one works?

Sorry, don't know what else it could be.
January 28, 2014, 05:42:09 PM
I tried these changes but unfortunately my mini rig 2x5970 1x5850 has always a big lag and the cgminer on the terminal windows can't display the stats. I've tried running the "screen" command but nothing... the GPU's runs but I cannot say how it runs, and logging the process with 2>logfile.txt seems to be ok...
The Intesity is 18 on all GPU.
I suppose it's a bad driver + SDK combination for me.

However a PC with only 7850 works flawlessly.

Anyway Thank you  Smiley

I assume you are experience the lag on a local terminal window?  If you start your miner in the background with the screen command, you can then SSH over to watch without the lag.

Ohhh good solution, logged with putty and yes I finally see the cgminer stats but without hardware monitor (GPU temperature and FAN velocity) and with a lot of Hardware Errors from all the GPUs and the Hashrate is less then my cgminer in Windows.

Stop the miner and run the following...

export DISPLAY=:0
/opt/cgminer/cgminer -n

What are your results?

Have done infinite number of times:
OpenCL 1.2 AMD-APP 1214.3
Always All the GPU has the "harware monitoring enabled" and always all seems ok!
January 28, 2014, 05:26:12 PM
Please help.My fan CPU is spinning at high speed.I want to install lm sensors.But the steps used in ubuntu does not work.

Check your BIOS.  Many motherboards come with fan set to full speed, and you can change it to auto instead.
Activity: 2
January 28, 2014, 05:19:21 PM
Please help.My fan CPU is spinning at high speed.I want to install lm sensors.But the steps used in ubuntu does not work.
January 28, 2014, 05:07:13 PM
I tried these changes but unfortunately my mini rig 2x5970 1x5850 has always a big lag and the cgminer on the terminal windows can't display the stats. I've tried running the "screen" command but nothing... the GPU's runs but I cannot say how it runs, and logging the process with 2>logfile.txt seems to be ok...

Anyway Thank you  Smiley

I assume you are experience the lag on a local terminal window?  If you start your miner in the background with the screen command, you can then SSH over to watch without the lag.

Ohhh good solution, logged with putty and yes I finally see the cgminer stats but without hardware monitor (GPU temperature and FAN velocity) and with a lot of Hardware Errors from all the GPUs and the Hashrate is less then my cgminer in Windows.

Stop the miner and run the following...

export DISPLAY=:0
/opt/cgminer/cgminer -n

What are your results?
January 28, 2014, 04:47:43 PM

Anyway Thank you  Smiley

Pages:
Jump to: