Pages:
Author

Topic: CUDA error 11-cannot write buffer for DAG - page 5. (Read 3706 times)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Hi All,
After installed Win7 ultimate 64 bit, driver 391.01 (Nvidia 1060-3GB) then the hashrate at ETC nanopool website ussually down to 30~90Mhz  even total hashrate in my miner is 105Mhz.enyone can help to explain this issue.

My setting in MSI afterburner as follow:
Power limit : 75%
Temp limt : 72~74oC
Core clock : +150MHz
Memory clock : +650Mhz
Fan speed : 80%
Pls help to advise the best setting for mining ETC.
Thank so much.
I have tried with nvidia 372.54 and -eres 0. Work like a charm.

1 or 2 more epoch and 3gb is finished with windows 10.

Windows 7 works as well as linux.

3gb can still mine etc eth till next year.  

I'm running win 7 with gtx 1060 now even without -eres 0

So are you using windows 7 with latest nvidia driver version?

yes

I have re-install Win7 ultimate 64bit with newest driver for Nvidia GTX1060 3GB 5 day ago,it still working fine to now. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

What are you trying to say?  It's not working for you?  I have win 7 installed and it's working perfectly.   Make sure you have enough page file.   It should fix it.

No no no., My mean Win 7 64bit ultimate working fine with me.
Activity: 12
I got it to work with these settings (I think you just have to have a 4Gb+ card or the integrated graphics card to drive your monitor, freeing up space):

Windows 10. Claymore miner 10 (nanopool but that doesn't matter), with "-lidag 3" only added to config/start.bat, only Ethereum mining. Nvidia Driver 382.33 (read somewhere that it helped).

Got CUDA errors when I installed another 3Gb card a few weeks ago, but they fixed themselves when I switched from using a 3Gb card to power my 4K monitor, so that helped. Right now running 2x 3Gb cards in Claymore without issues, but *after* they had CUDA errors. Only switched GPU so the main one is my 1060 6Gb (but an integrated one might work as well).
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
if there 3gb cards the 3GB limit hit for eth/etc mining .

https://investoon.com/tools/dag_size

You can still use 3GB Cards for other coins just not for ETH or ETC mining if you try now you will either get the above error or out of memory .

let me reword what i meant my bad if you use windows 10 fully updated to the latest update it hits 3gb, i didn't think about that, some others were nice enough to point that out in a nice way in another thread .
Activity: 280
Merit: 13
I was mining with 5 Gtx 1080ti .... same problem . My miner won’t start  Cry

This is with 3gb cards not 1080ti.
Activity: 8
I was mining with 5 Gtx 1080ti .... same problem . My miner won’t start  Cry
Activity: 31
Merit: 2
Turns out my Windows 10 rigs are suffering the same issue. For now I have switched them to PhoenixMiner. It is a tad slower but at least it is working !

yes

I have re-install Win7 ultimate 64bit with newest driver for Nvidia GTX1060 3GB 5 day ago,it still working fine to now. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

What are you trying to say?  It's not working for you?  I have win 7 installed and it's working perfectly.   Make sure you have enough page file.   It should fix it.
I recommend you do the following: Install a fresh copy of Windows 10. Patch it up completely. Set your Virtual memory to 30GB. Capture an image. Install the latest GPU driver. In NVIDIA 3d settings optimize for compute and DSR 2X. If direct X ever tries to install cancel it. (I can never get the rig to mine when this installs). I followed these basic steps to get two different rigs mining on Windows 10. They seem to be mining at about 30% faster than when they ran windows 7.

The very first time I overclocked, mining was about 10% faster. However, in a very short time, the motherboard ethernet died and I had issues with a GPU. Even if it was just a coincidence I have decided 10% is not worth it so I no longer overclock Smiley

I hope this helps. I spent two weekends getting this right.

Windows 10 have video memory management issues.

If you really want to mine ETASH with GTX 1060 3gb your best bet is to install operating system besides windows 10.
Activity: 31
Merit: 2
I recommend you do the following: Install a fresh copy of Windows 10. Patch it up completely. Set your Virtual memory to 30GB. Capture an image. Install the latest GPU driver. In NVIDIA 3d settings optimize for compute and DSR 2X. If direct X ever tries to install cancel it. (I can never get the rig to mine when this installs). I followed these basic steps to get two different rigs mining on Windows 10. They seem to be mining at about 30% faster than when they ran windows 7.

The very first time I overclocked, mining was about 10% faster. However, in a very short time, the motherboard ethernet died and I had issues with a GPU. Even if it was just a coincidence I have decided 10% is not worth it so I no longer overclock Smiley

I hope this helps. I spent two weekends getting this right.
Activity: 462
Merit: 115
all 3gb cards are having this problem.  I heard it can be resolved by adjusting the virtual memory.  I haven't bothered because Ethash is not the way to go with Nvidia cards anyways.

yes

February 23, 2018, 01:04:56 AM

yes
Activity: 2
February 23, 2018, 12:24:18 AM

February 22, 2018, 10:38:56 PM

I have tried at last midnight --- used driver 372.54 and -eres 0 --> it's working fine.
February 22, 2018, 04:39:14 PM

Activity: 362
Merit: 250
February 22, 2018, 01:52:11 PM
Difficulty increase on all Equihash algorithms in 3, 2, 1... Smiley
Thank god my cards hit ROI 5 months ago Smiley
Activity: 2
February 22, 2018, 12:22:49 PM
February 22, 2018, 10:25:16 AM
I tried installing windows 7 on my GTX 1060 3gb thinking it's a windows 10 gpu memory management problem.  What a waste of time.  It's worse than windows 10 for mining eth and etc.  I might have to install ubuntu.

DAG 181 did it for my GTX 1060 3gb.

Anybody else try different operating system after dag 181?

Try linux - SMOS, Hive, EthOS, NVOC.

I like mining on windows just because I can monitor my miners easier.

I did resolve it after upping the page file 20gb...

So yeah it's a windows 10 thing for 3gb cards.
Pages:
Jump to: