Pages:
Author

Topic: CUDA Optimalized BTC miner for NVIDIA cards - page 2. (Read 7727 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Problem with all these programs is you have to be a technician to be able to work it. The first one to release some more user friendly things, that actually work, will be my bitcoin jezus...
Activity: 333
Merit: 250
It has an X server running on it, but I'm not using it as a desktop.  It was a default Ubuntu 12.04 install running the driver in the CUDA 5.0 package.  (304.86?).
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
On that 660ti, the auto config found:

Best configuration step found (-gpugrid=448,-gputhreads=1024) 104206 KHs  prev best=105422 KHs
Done allocating CUDA resources for (448,1024)

on a second run, and settled in at 105MH/s.

Are you using that card exclusively to mine, or do you have it configured for normal desktop usage?
On that 660ti, the auto config found:

Best configuration step found (-gpugrid=448,-gputhreads=1024) 104206 KHs  prev best=105422 KHs
Done allocating CUDA resources for (448,1024)

on a second run, and settled in at 105MH/s.
Activity: 41
260 MH/s is too slow.
Testing a 660ti with this right now, seeing about 104MH/s on stock clocks.

cgminer comes in at 100MH/s.  Both are steady, so it is a solid 4% improvement without any tweaking.

The same card, on scrypt using cudaminer, now gets around 160KH/s after several kernel iterations.  I don't know if there is anything instructive inside the spinlock kernels in cudaminer 4-30, but it might be worth a look.

Cheers and thanks for the good work.

Activity: 311
Source has been released. You can found here:
https://github.com/icedev576/rpcminer-optcuda

Please follow the instructions, to build and run in: README, README.md, HOW-TO files

Anyone who was able to build any variation of rpcminer, can this also.

Compiled Binaries for different OS, may come later.

I've compiled cgminer on Ubuntu recently.
But there is Radeon card on that machine.
Never have been using rpc-miner. (Is there
any big difference in compilation/usage?)
My Nvidia is in a machine running Windows.
So I'll wait for Windows binaries, too.

[edit]
I'm running guiminer there now. I'm really
curious what the difference may be. :-)
Has anyone actually gotten an Nvidia card to mine efficiently enough to pay for it's own power consumption? Or are these solely for people mining with "free" electricity?

I think the short answer is no. I don`t think anyone bought an nvidia card just for mining. I think (just like me) we got nv card because other reasons (for me, I use it for work). In the computer spare time, mining can run, but it`s not worth unless you have "free" electricity.
In my particular case, I had an ATI HD 5770 but it sucked at flightsimming (which is what I built my computer for) so I sold that (stupid, I know, but I really didn't know much about bitcoins then) and bought the 670 I'm now using. It runs FSX great, but now I got interested in bitcoins and found out that the card I sold can hash at least twice as much than what the 670 can do normally. I can't really undo the sale, and buying an ATI card that can mine efficiently is more or less out of the question right now.

Hence, my interest in optimizing my card's performance. I also know that GPU mining is almost dead, but it's worth a shot, I guess.
Activity: 21
Has anyone actually gotten an Nvidia card to mine efficiently enough to pay for it's own power consumption? Or are these solely for people mining with "free" electricity?

I think the short answer is no. I don`t think anyone bought an nvidia card just for mining. I think (just like me) we got nv card because other reasons (for me, I use it for work). In the computer spare time, mining can run, but it`s not worth unless you have "free" electricity.
Thanks for this! I'm downloading the CUDA toolkit to see if I can compile it for my system. Otherwise, I'll wait for the binaries.
Activity: 5
Asics are going to fry these things. Game over.
Source has been released. You can found here:
https://github.com/icedev576/rpcminer-optcuda

Please follow the instructions, to build and run in: README, README.md, HOW-TO files

Anyone who was able to build any variation of rpcminer, can this also.

Compiled Binaries for different OS, may come later.
Activity: 78
very interesting, any info as to whether this would increase the hash rate on my GTX 660?
Activity: 17
Any news from here? I am still waiting the sourcecode.

Sorry I am little busy at my job, I don`t have time for this today. I`ve created the github repo, but it is relatively empty now.
Hey man! Very interested in testing your code on a GTX TITAN!

Sorry currently I am only optimalized for 4xx to 6xx, the titan is a different issue. maybe later
Activity: 311
I`ve managed to merge the source. Tomorrow I will upload the source code to github. I am also thinking to create an cuda mining survival guide to add some help for nvidia card owners.

Looking forward to improve my GTX 580 performance at least a bit. It's not my main worker, but there's no reason to leave its power unused.
Activity: 118
Hey man! Very interested in testing your code on a GTX TITAN!
Activity: 3
Any news from here? I am still waiting the sourcecode.
xh4
Activity: 12
Looking forward to using all my old graphics cards for something useful...
Pages:
Jump to: