Pages:
Author

Topic: CUDA Optimalized BTC miner for NVIDIA cards - page 3. (Read 7727 times)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0
I'm in same boat you are ^^
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
HI Kenshin23!

Can you give me some information: what OS you use is it 64bit win or linux(distro?)? And the most important are you using rpcminer or something else?
Hi, sure! Win 7 64 bit and currently using cgminer 3.1.1 as-is, but willing to switch to another miner if it means it'll be more efficient.

The CUDA mining survival guide sounds great; looking forward to it.
Activity: 21
I`ve managed to merge the source. Tomorrow I will upload the source code to github. I am also thinking to create an cuda mining survival guide to add some help for nvidia card owners.
Activity: 42
I started by running a EVGA GTX 550 Ti 1 GB was getting about 45Mhash/s without a overclock on it but I no longer run it
HI Kenshin23!

Can you give me some information: what OS you use is it 64bit win or linux(distro?)? And the most important are you using rpcminer or something else?
Activity: 66
I'm currently using a EVGA GTX 670 with cgminer and I get 91-95 MH/s. Seems low, but I don't have any sort of optimizations for it just yet. So I'm very interested to see what you can achieve with this.
Thomassie12 are you still mining or you give up? What kind of miner do you use or used?
Activity: 13
I used a gtx 660 (non Ti) i couldnt get it higher then 73 mhash/s
Activity: 3
Thanks man, I have tried it, now it goes with about 150 MHash/s, about 10% faster then before. It is not a miracle, but it is something.
Well, I read the whole "NVIDIA Kepler (K20) from 134MHash/s to 330MHash/s with CUDA" topic. As far I know psychocoder has optimalized the cuda code for the GK110 architecture (sm_35 in cuda). There was only 2 card supporting this: Tesla K20, Geforce Titan, but from yesterday you can buy the Geforce 780! It is the same arch, a little cheaper and more consumer. If I had enough donations, I will buy one.

My solution is speeding up the older generations: Fermi and Kepler(sm_20, sm_30), that means geforce 4xx to 6xx. So I hope I can merge them together.

I sent a binary to gaborjakab, others please wait and keep me posted.
Activity: 56
i have a gtx card, looking forward for this!  Grin
My code is a mess now, so it isn`t ready for a public release, but because gaborjakab uses almost the same hardware, and OS like me, I can send a binary from the current stage just for the test. So if you like please send a private message.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Hopefully this hasn't already been optimized. But if so, good job.
legendary
Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032
Value will be measured in sats
yeah i would be interest too in this!
This is interesting. I am reading the post, maybe I can mix the solutions together.
Activity: 3
Hi!

I have an overclocked 680 and have only 135 Mhash/s. I would love to see if your modification helps a bit. By the way I am using on older Ubuntu. When will it be available?
I`ve started to optimalize the rpc-miner CUDA version. Currently it runs on Linux (Ubuntu 12.04), and tested on 2 different cards:
Asus GTX-590: 260 MH/s (no OC)
Asus GTX-690: 230 MH/s (no OC)
It is about 15-30% faster then the original.
I started this topic to discuss is it worth it to continue this project or no one interested in...

I am intersted in your current hash rates on newer nvidia cards also.

I accept donations for this project in the following BTC address: 1GgnBSzLq6DioYS4haPSx6gZCeL9KMUYFW.

It will be opensource.
Pages:
Jump to: