Pages:
Author

Topic: Custom RAM Timings for GPU's with GDDR5 - DOWNLOAD LINKS - UPDATED - page 26. (Read 155584 times)

Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
Try with this :

https://github.com/IojkinKot/PolarisBiosEditor

Dallase, could you upload that 570 rom please ?

Edit1:

You can easily fix checksum with ohgod..tool : https://mega.nz/#!zIwVXL4B!IUQOXRqWDw6L15rvN5gBgBN0hxc6ncQu5YcnG41m90g

Edit2:
I see now that 480 micron rom was uploaded & modified by me, but why do you want to open it in hawaiireader ? Cheesy
480 are polaris cards, not hawaii Cheesy

You mean PBE doesn't work?!
It does work, most 5xx bioses now contain 2 memory profiles, like elpida/micron 4xx.

Oh, well...
Activity: 194
Merit: 4
Guys, i am asking again....

TRP_RDA, has a value of CD, equal to 13. Change to 0D, its still 13. But there is no difference in all other timings. For what reason this uses a C hex, instead of 0? For every 1, the total value increases by 16 (1D = 29, 2D = 45, 3D= 61, 4D = 13, 3F = 63).
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
There is a strap for elpida in this thread, so youll have to read it all...

Search doesn't work well, i search for elpida bit it only shows one post (not even mine)

Btw hrvat ha? Wink
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
There is a strap for elpida in this thread, so youll have to read it all...
Activity: 63
Hi, I'm looking for custom straps for my pulse rx570 4gb with elpida, for now i have copied the stock strap from 1500 al the way to 2000 and get only stable 27.5mh/s @1925mhz..any advice?
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
Try with this :

https://github.com/IojkinKot/PolarisBiosEditor

Dallase, could you upload that 570 rom please ?

Edit1:

You can easily fix checksum with ohgod..tool : https://mega.nz/#!zIwVXL4B!IUQOXRqWDw6L15rvN5gBgBN0hxc6ncQu5YcnG41m90g

Edit2:
I see now that 480 micron rom was uploaded & modified by me, but why do you want to open it in hawaiireader ? Cheesy
480 are polaris cards, not hawaii Cheesy

You mean PBE doesn't work?!
Activity: 366
Merit: 250
Is there any formula for:

####ARB_DRAM_TIMING2####
RAS2RAS = 164

Very often when I touch this parameter the GPU goes dead.
Anyway, i have a question.
For some reason, there is a CD value for TRP_RDA, that translated is equal to 13. Change to 0D, its still 13. But there is no difference in all other timings. For what reason this uses a C hex, instead of 0? For every 1, the total value increases by 16 (1D = 29, 2D = 45, 3D= 61, 4D = 13, 3F = 63).
Similar (but not the same) thing can be observed for TRCDWA and TR2W.

Activity: 418
Not in ALL cards

but... would you say *most* cards?  

and is the voltage all set to the same across the cards that don't have a separate mem voltage offset VRM?

that would explain why some of my elpida/hynix/samsung chips can't clock the same as each other when using the same timings (ignoring small variations of course)
unrelated question: I'm getting the feeling that the memory voltage is static (unless there's a separate IR3567B and a voltage offset using 8E in the bios) - is this the case or can you actually change memory voltage on normal polaris cards? 

I guess I could find contact points and buy a multimeter to find out, but... figured I would ask
Activity: 2548
Merit: 626
you can but it's not 100% that it will be applied.
It's not there in every card with an IR3567B.

well.. if the VRM is there can't you just add it in and fix the offsets ?  

either way, what I was mainly getting at is that 90% of my RX470's and RX480's have this in the BIOS, so on most cards it's easy to change (at least in my limited experience, I've only done about a dozen; I'm sure you've done hundreds though)
Okay guys.

Stock RX460 Sapphire DualFan does 345h/s with intensity:224, threads:2, wu:4.

By applying a certain Samsung strap, at 2000Mhz, i am now doing 470h/s. At 2050 - 483h/s.

2100 is only stable if i use stock voltage.
I will try flashing a RX560 BIOS, so i can use the extra locked stuff.

No idea if i can share the timing strap, she gotta give her approval (no idea if its public one).

Anyway, i have a question.
For some reason, there is a CD value for TRP_RDA, that translated is equal to 13. Change to 0D, its still 13. But there is no difference in all other timings. For what reason this uses a C hex, instead of 0? For every 1, the total value increases by 16 (1D = 29, 2D = 45, 3D= 61, 4D = 13, 3F = 63).

Also, bulgar73, you bulgarian Huh

You can use the timing from ~20-25 pages ago, which is a 1500Mhz timing from a RX480 Hynix. Mind that its a XMR one.
Activity: 128
Hi,

can anybody suggest custom RAM timings for this two cards ?

11265-01-20G ............ SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon™ RX 580 8GD5

11265-05-20G ............ SAPPHIRE PULSE Radeon™ RX 580 8GD5

thnx
BTC

both of this type card have Hynix
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293
Huh?
Or i would say maybe even less than 25%.
So far i only seen vddc offset added to some sapphire and powercolor cards, and i opened 'bout 40-50 polaris roms.

It is probably a lot less than 25% 'by card count'.
Statistics from techpowerup.com collection is more like 'by card model'.

Definitely a lot less than 25% Smiley

And then there's those that won't even take it Wink ..
Activity: 126
So far i only seen vddc offset added to some sapphire and powercolor cards, and i opened 'bout 40-50 polaris roms.

It is probably a lot less than 25% 'by card count'.
Statistics from techpowerup.com collection is more like 'by card model'.
Activity: 2548
Merit: 626
Activity: 126
People like you or I on the other-hand would need to either need to buy the offset modded roms from one of the people who are good at doing them, spend the time and energy needed to understand Hex modding enough to do it ourselves, or just be happy with watttool based offsets. I chose the third option.

if the card has IR3567B then it's easy,

just look for 8D 00 before FF 00 01 07 0C, and whatever comes after 8D 00 should be the default core offset that you can change. Then open/close with polaris to fix checksum.

It's not there in every card with an IR3567B.

Most cards with an IR3567B does not have preset for 0x8d register.
Statistically speaking, for RX 470/480/570/580 bioses (with ucVoltageRegulatorId compatible with value for IR3567B) from techpowerup.com collection (in both verified and unverified sections separatelly) only around 25% bioses contain this preset.
Activity: 588
Merit: 251

is possible change strap in Linux machine (ethOS), any tool for this, or I must do it in Windows only with PBE ?

thnx
BTC

I think niko2004x's tool does.  But since you're not experienced enough to install Ubuntu yourself, I don't recommend trying it.
People like you or I on the other-hand would need to either need to buy the offset modded roms from one of the people who are good at doing them, spend the time and energy needed to understand Hex modding enough to do it ourselves, or just be happy with watttool based offsets. I chose the third option.

if the card has IR3567B then it's easy,

just look for 8D 00 before FF 00 01 07 0C, and whatever comes after 8D 00 should be the default core offset that you can change. Then open/close with polaris to fix checksum.
Pages:
Jump to: