Pages:
Author

Topic: Darkcoin is officially dead - page 3. (Read 6619 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
August 18, 2014, 02:33:44 AM
DRK is dying a well deserved death. The smart money is pouring BTC into CLOAK.

Buy CLOAK.

Cloak, RIP...
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
mining is so 2012-2013
August 18, 2014, 01:48:05 AM
NXT is a scam, as with all IPO coins.

Whoever runs the IPO can send in 10 BTC with dozens or hundreds of fake accounts, get 90% of the coin count, then he pays nothing since all the BTC comes back to him anyway.  It's just some bogus license to create as big of a premine as you could possibly want.

I agree that NXT is a scam but more importantly proof of stake is garbage. Although proof of work uses more energy and equipment, you can't create something without work. This is simple physics. There is financial commitment in proof of work which gives it value.

it isn't really work in the traditional sense though, it is more waste. 

and example in traditional means would be a guy that worked building a house stacking bricks.  at the end of the day he has something to show for the work and the world is better, a house has been built.  but a wasteful worker is just a person that throws bricks around and then picks them up and throws them around again.  maybe he gets a reward for wasting the most energy, but at they end of the day not really anything was done, all that waste and not really anything to show for it.  It isn't really work.  PoW is more accurately thought of as proof of waste.  it is like saying bitcoin is valuable because people wasted energy looking for them.
Activity: 343
Merit: 100
August 18, 2014, 01:14:13 AM
Darkcoin is dropping another 20% today. Anyone buying hoping for short term rebound?
Activity: 152
August 17, 2014, 04:54:01 AM
Buy CLOAK.

Clock coin also drop close to 20% today. Don't see it being any different than DRK.
Activity: 190
Merit: 12
August 17, 2014, 04:25:24 AM

Buy CLOAK.
Activity: 343
August 17, 2014, 04:24:52 AM
XMR is stealing DRK's lunch money.  Need to teach that boy how to fight.

LOL then why does Monero keep falling? XMR is stealing DRK's lunch money and keeps losing it.

All altcoins have been hit hard. The could be the final nail to the coffin for all the altcoins.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
August 17, 2014, 03:28:49 AM

xmr is dying as well
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
August 16, 2014, 11:58:22 PM
agreed...Monero and the rest of the CryptoNote family are set to takeover DRK
August 16, 2014, 11:20:33 PM
All eyes are on XC / XCurrency.

This
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
August 16, 2014, 10:50:43 PM
what is/was darkcoin  Grin
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
August 16, 2014, 09:44:03 PM
XMR needs to get on Cryptsy, finish it off for good.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 8114
August 16, 2014, 09:25:16 PM

LOL then why does Monero keep falling? XMR is stealing DRK's lunch money and keeps losing it.
Activity: 644
August 16, 2014, 09:16:22 PM
I think DRK might become the X coin to survive, but not at a high price.

So not dead, but not the new LTC either.

Xcoins are at the end of the road, regardless of the number attached as a suffix, or whether the coin becomes a "note".

DRK has had a lot of money invested in it (not mine). And it has a cool name, and was the first to shine.

Perhaps, however,  Monero is a better bet, trading at that huge exchange Poloniex. Has a great system, you buy and sell your own coins and your mates' coins, then you come on this forum and start shilling, eventually a sweet child spends all his pocketmoney on it, and you are laughing all the way to the pub.

Recipe for success, what could possibly go wrong with such an intricately planned strategy?
Activity: 616
August 16, 2014, 02:38:31 PM
All eyes are on XC / XCurrency.
August 16, 2014, 02:24:46 PM
No way is dark dead, i still get darks paid regularly just have some difficulty finding a buyer right now. Consider:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/are-you-up-for-it-670906

How are we feeling about this now that some time has passed?

Hello Everyone,

From the looks of the thread all issues users are experiencing are not bugs at this point, just a misunderstanding of how Darksend works. All major bugs have been resolved and I'm going to move on to RC5 and other unique features of Darkcoin that we've had in the works for awhile (I'm going to wait till all of the weak hands have left the building then I have some really cool stuff to announce).

-Evan
Activity: 98
August 16, 2014, 02:18:47 PM
No way is dark dead, i still get darks paid regularly just have some difficulty finding a buyer right now. Consider:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/are-you-up-for-it-670906

How are we feeling about this now that some time has passed?
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090
=== NODE IS OK! ==
July 04, 2014, 09:00:02 AM
It was just another DOGEcoin (without any practical use), so obvious
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
July 04, 2014, 08:52:46 AM
As a DRK supporter from Day 1 the only other altcoin I would suggest you guys getting into right now is Cloak. In the last 3 weeks they've moved 0 to a trustless non-coinjoin anon implementation, decoupled from exchanges with built in trading in the wallet, p2p decentralized marketplace built into the wallet. Centralized exchanges have typically been the Achilles heel for privacy-oriented coin users and decoupling from them reduces the exposure of the user. Don't believe any of the FUD from anyone Cloak is the real deal with 5 full time developers. It's a real steal at the current price.

Read their new whitepaper and all it says is that they have an "anonymization protocol".

"These protocol extensions provide for the transmission of anonymized transaction packages from an originator to an elected node for addition to their memory pool."

Sounds cool, lemme invest asap.

Regarding the "built in trading in the wallet", I suppose this quote is about that?
"It will also include reputation system tied to the address that wants to receive payments for goods or services."

BlackCoin is already close to releasing NightTrader which is a decentralized trustless exchange where you can trade Cloaks or Darks or whatever without the possibility of getting scammed. So Cloak needs to get rid of the reputation system a.k.a. "dynamic trust model" (some people might've heard that one before) and implement smart contracts.
Activity: 99
July 04, 2014, 08:47:01 AM
Cloaksend 1.0 and CloakMarket, yes.
PoSA - 7th July

Check out the thread. Great community.

Back to the topic, I agree. Drk is dying. A handful of newer coins out there have potential Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: