Pages:
Author

Topic: Darknet DNET Masternode VPS support MP-Hosting now taking DNET as payment. - page 10. (Read 18798 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Hi Paul,

Now that DNET is going to pass to POS phase and well, I hope to the moon and so on I'm a bit concerned about MN's security. Is there something we should know or we can follow the instructions of some of the (very good) DASH MN's security setup available out there???

Thanks.
Hi
thers lots we can do to lock the MN down even furthere 
how far do you want to go with ti

thanks
Paul

What are the options? Your servers haven't got the coins on so don't see why your side would need any more?

Well the first thing you can do is change the port for ssh to somthing different
That would make it harder to access and safer.
But like you said we don't Hold any coins on the vps server it's all in your wallets

any recommendations on securing home wallet? got good pass, computer isnt used for internet browsing, got good antivirus and firewall and use VPN. any other ideas?

- Not running any unnecessary services,  on the machine where it is.
- Not running windows...
- Backup paper wallet(s) / USB stored in a safe deposit box
- Planning for transfer of control of the wallet to spouse, children in the event of death (instructions, pointers to a trusted person capable of helping to access funds)
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1011
jakiman is back!
Thank you Paul! I'll wait. Grin
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1003
NodeMasters
Hi guys

I'll be making a new install scrypt tomorrow for the new update
Please DO NOT USE ANY OTHER PREBUILT UPDATE ON YOUR VPS

There's a lot to check it's not just a download and run job

I'll make the scrypt as easy as I can

Thanks
Paul
legendary
NodeMasters
Hi Paul,

Now that DNET is going to pass to POS phase and well, I hope to the moon and so on I'm a bit concerned about MN's security. Is there something we should know or we can follow the instructions of some of the (very good) DASH MN's security setup available out there???

Thanks.
Hi

thanks
Paul

What are the options? Your servers haven't got the coins on so don't see why your side would need any more?

Well the first thing you can do is change the port for ssh to somthing different
But like you said we don't Hold any coins on the vps server it's all in your wallets

any recommendations on securing home wallet? got good pass, computer isnt used for internet browsing, got good antivirus and firewall and use VPN. any other ideas?
Firewall all ports off apart from the wallet port and a different rdp connection port
There's lots you can do

Thanks
Paul
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Hi Paul,

Thanks.
Hi

thanks
Paul

legendary
NodeMasters
Hi Paul,

Thanks.
Hi

thanks
Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks.
Hi

thanks
Paul

legendary
NodeMasters
Hi Paul,

Thanks.
Hi

thanks
Paul
Activity: 727
Merit: 501
Hi Paul,

Thanks.
legendary
NodeMasters
Can you check ticket #911902 still having problems

ok will do

thanks
Paul

#917938 can you sort that ticket please?

reposned

thanks
Paul

ok will do

thanks
Paul

#917938 can you sort that ticket please?
legendary
NodeMasters

ok will do

thanks
Paul
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
Just FYI. My MN's on these subnets went missing sometime today.
I was able to restart them from my controller wallet. (VPS was up)

37.59.209.xxx
151.80.2.xxx
37.59.209.xxx
164.132.237.xxx

jup same here  (same ip ranges)
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1011
jakiman is back!
Just FYI. My MN's on these subnets went missing sometime today.
I was able to restart them from my controller wallet. (VPS was up)

37.59.209.xxx
151.80.2.xxx
37.59.209.xxx
164.132.237.xxx
legendary
NodeMasters
My 37 nodes stopped working on 19th. Restarted them today.

did you read the notice  above ?
i gave EVERY ONE as much time as i could

thanks
Paul

Activity: 532
My 37 nodes stopped working on 19th. Restarted them today.
Activity: 359
Merit: 270
cool thanks for letting me know
i got 3 nodes that will not start  so im rebuilding them

if any one else is having issues  let m know

thanks
Paul

One of mine at 158.69.13*.** has had to be restarted several times in the past 24 hours. Seems to be working now, but figured I'd let you know in case the info is useful. Others in the 158.69.**.** range have been fine.

Edit: no, now it's back offline again for the 4th time in the last while. Starts fine but then goes offline after a few hours. Not sure what the deal is....
legendary
NodeMasters
PLANDED POWER OUTAGE PLEASE READ

Dear customer,

During our annual thermal testing we detected a hot spot on the busway power system which supplies the power to the rack where some of your servers are located.

The busway will have to be replaced. We will going to shut down the servers on Tuesday the 19th of July sometime between 3:00 am and 6:00 am (DST) in order to replace the rack’s power supply. The list of your server we will shut down :

ns516964.ip-158-69-26.net  ns517136.ip-158-69-26.net                                               

This should take around 20 minutes. The server will be rebooted from the hard drive once the intervention is complete.

this will efffect the following ip ramges

142.4.193.*
149.56.165.*
149.56.184.*

thanks
Paul

Should we relaunch the MN's affected after the intervention?
Thanks

Hi yes I'll update this thread and the Skype channel when it time as I need to power on the servers and all the VPS

Thanks
Paul

server is now back on line and i have started all the VPS's
you can start you masternodes  now

thanks
Paul

Everything seems correct after restart. Thanks, Paul.

cool thanks for letting me know
i got 3 nodes that will not start  so im rebuilding them

if any one else is having issues  let m know

thanks
Paul
Activity: 727
Merit: 501
PLANDED POWER OUTAGE PLEASE READ

Dear customer,

During our annual thermal testing we detected a hot spot on the busway power system which supplies the power to the rack where some of your servers are located.

The busway will have to be replaced. We will going to shut down the servers on Tuesday the 19th of July sometime between 3:00 am and 6:00 am (DST) in order to replace the rack’s power supply. The list of your server we will shut down :

ns516964.ip-158-69-26.net  ns517136.ip-158-69-26.net                                               

This should take around 20 minutes. The server will be rebooted from the hard drive once the intervention is complete.

this will efffect the following ip ramges

142.4.193.*
149.56.165.*
149.56.184.*

thanks
Paul

Should we relaunch the MN's affected after the intervention?
Thanks

Hi yes I'll update this thread and the Skype channel when it time as I need to power on the servers and all the VPS

Thanks
Paul

server is now back on line and i have started all the VPS's
you can start you masternodes  now

thanks
Paul

Everything seems correct after restart. Thanks, Paul.
Pages:
Jump to: