Pages:
Author

Topic: [DASH] Dash Price and Trade Discussion Thread [UNMODERATED] - page 6. (Read 9197 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
hope benefit, I was bought 20 dash a few moments ago with price 0.01633570 btc, I will sell if it benefit a minimum of 15%. If not achieved then will I hold. I'm sure the price will be going up.
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245
A great dump in last 24 hours, maybe now it's time to purchase some dash?

I've not been much of following Dash, but it's graph seems to be pretty good so I'm going to try out some trading in it.

And ? any luck with the trading ? Price seems to be going up again, towards the 0.016 range.
Personally i'm just a long term holder / investor, but i am interested in hearing about some short term strategies from people and how that played out.
Activity: 220
Merit: 100

coin rank
Etc,Eth,Monero are major alt-coin.
Etc,Dash show good vaule: demand/supply ratio

ref) newbium.com

ref) coin trouble btw two team
dash team ~~ qw... tao... ev.. cet.. ama...(etc) 520 point
dash troll team   ~~  ice.. vo...sm... (etc)         2038 point

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Many months ago, the Dash Masternode network 'blockchain democracy' voted to increase the max blocksize to 2MB, yet that change hasn't been made.

Doesn't that show Dash's governance model is ineffective at best and a fraud at worst?

DashHoles will move to Decred soon, where changes that are voted in are actually enforced through PoA on the network (Hard fork voting).  

Decred is a DAO done right, not some thrown together mashup of broken technology and instamine like Dash.

I fully support DashHoles leaving the Evan's Gate cult for a legitimate project like Decred.

Decred didn't have an Instamine, nor is it 100% centralized under the dictatorial control of CEO/CTO/Chairman Duffield.

Decred does have hybrid PoW/PoS mining and intends to seriously and honestly explore the possibility of doing DAO/DGBB type things using stake voting.

Decred doesn't have Dash's Masterndoe Ponzi scheme aspect; there is no economically elitist minimum number of Decred requirement to run a full voting node.

Decred's large/friendly/active community is much healthier than Dash's toxic brew of uncommunicative project leaders wasting funds on unaccountable vaporware initiatives.

How can we get DashHoles to leave their cult and go into Decred?  I guess it's like getting a drunk into AA; they have to want to go and be cognizant of the fact they have hit rock bottom and need help.

I hope today's events, wherein 20 Masternodes being liquidated led to a 6% price crash, will be a wake up call for DashHoles as they extrapolate what will inevitably happen when 50 or 100 Masternodes are suddenly dumped.

How can you get a meth head to put down his meth?  You can't.  They have to want to help themselves before you can help them. 

They will stop playing around with their shitty 2 tier network and chained algo at some point.  You just need to give them space and let them see for themselves.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
Many months ago, the Dash Masternode network 'blockchain democracy' voted to increase the max blocksize to 2MB, yet that change hasn't been made.

Doesn't that show Dash's governance model is ineffective at best and a fraud at worst?

DashHoles will move to Decred soon, where changes that are voted in are actually enforced through PoA on the network (Hard fork voting).  

Decred is a DAO done right, not some thrown together mashup of broken technology and instamine like Dash.

I fully support DashHoles leaving the Evan's Gate cult for a legitimate project like Decred.

Decred didn't have an Instamine, nor is it 100% centralized under the dictatorial control of CEO/CTO/Chairman Duffield.

Decred does have hybrid PoW/PoS mining and intends to seriously and honestly explore the possibility of doing DAO/DGBB type things using stake voting.

Decred doesn't have Dash's Masterndoe Ponzi scheme aspect; there is no economically elitist minimum number of Decred requirement to run a full voting node.

Decred's large/friendly/active community is much healthier than Dash's toxic brew of uncommunicative project leaders wasting funds on unaccountable vaporware initiatives.

How can we get DashHoles to leave their cult and go into Decred?  I guess it's like getting a drunk into AA; they have to want to go and be cognizant of the fact they have hit rock bottom and need help.

I hope today's events, wherein 20 Masternodes being liquidated led to a 6% price crash, will be a wake up call for DashHoles as they extrapolate what will inevitably happen when 50 or 100 Masternodes are suddenly dumped.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
The competition between Dash and Monero has been going for some time and I believe it is good for the space and development of each projects. For me it all depends on the tech and marketing side of each project, if they can find a balance and  any of this team is able to develop a suitable scaling solution for their project it will be great

legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505
A great dump in last 24 hours, maybe now it's time to purchase some dash?

I've not been much of following Dash, but it's graph seems to be pretty good so I'm going to try out some trading in it.
Dash price is ATH

But if you are long time holder, dump now at ATH.
Today  decreased about 50 masternodes(4365 ->4315). (wise act !!)

Do you mean that now Dash will do its usual thing - a full retrace after a pump?

Market would select retrace or run-away.

Dash show strong trend.
check point  : only 0.018~0.019btc  and 0.026~0.028btc
                  : after this price, run away pattern

Long time holder could sell with large profit.
Check block explorer  if coins move to poloniex.

Activity: 690
Merit: 500
Dash price is ATH

Do you mean that now Dash will do its usual thing - a full retrace after a pump?
legendary
Activity: 2214
Merit: 3209
Flippin' burgers since 1163.
Dash could be 5~10% market capitalization of BTC.

Why?

5%~10% is rough outlook.

Dash develope,marketing positive feedback.
No serious dumpping

I can't see how those arguments increase dash' market cap versus Bitcoin. It just explains it's current value.

Why?

5%~10% is rough outlook.

Dash develope,marketing positive feedback.
No serious dumpping

legendary
Activity: 2214
Merit: 3209
Flippin' burgers since 1163.

Why?
Dash price is ATH
But No serious dumpping.

The value is 741,000,000USD ~ 1,483,000,000USD
Current market cap is 103,000,000 USD.
So Dash cap may be multiplied by 7.2 ~ 14
Price is 108~200usd.

Dash show strong trend.
check point  : only 0.018~0.019btc  and 0.026~0.028btc

legendary

This all seems to be going a bit off-topic, but then again i dont mind answerring questions about Dash governance system.

The budget proposal in question was used as a polling system, to see if the masternodes would support it or not (an overwhelming majority did support it).
More about this polling proposal can be read here :

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/dash-birthday-trademark-resolution-blocksize-limitation.7696/
https://www.dashcentral.org/p/2mb-blocksize

Most people complaining about this polling proposal not been implemented yet, seem to have overread the following :

If approved, a proper development, testing and deployment process would start before it reaches production. Let’s give Dash room to grow.

Currently Dash has two development groups, one group is working on the Dash v12.1 update (a very large update which is currently in its final stage and should hit Mainnet in feb 2017)
and another group of devs have been busy with outlining and coding Dash Evolution (which is currently in its first stage and should hit Dash Testnet in a few months).

As no specific date for implementation of the 2MB increase was ever set and the Dash devs have been focussing on update v12.1 and Dash Evolution, it is reasonable to believe it will
be implemented after update v12.1 and maybe even after Dash Evolution as there is currently no technical need for it.
Dash 1MB blocks are currently rarely full --> http://178.254.23.111/~pub/Dash/Dash_Info.html *block/trx info), but there could be a technical need for it after Dash Evolution.

OK, thanks for the long-winded hand-waving Duffsplanation of why even an overwhelming vote is considered non-binding community guidance and easily ignored.

Since you strangely don't seem to see any fraud in all this distributed governance theater, I'll put you down for the first option, "Dash's governance model is ineffective."
legendary
The competition between Dash and Monero has been going for some time and I believe it is good for the space and development of each projects. For me it all depends on the tech and marketing side of each project, if they can find a balance and  any of this team is able to develop a suitable scaling solution for their project it will be great

This all seems to be going a bit off-topic, but then again i dont mind answerring questions about Dash governance system.

The budget proposal in question was used as a polling system, to see if the masternodes would support it or not (an overwhelming majority did support it).
More about this polling proposal can be read here :

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/dash-birthday-trademark-resolution-blocksize-limitation.7696/
https://www.dashcentral.org/p/2mb-blocksize

Most people complaining about this polling proposal not been implemented yet, seem to have overread the following :

If approved, a proper development, testing and deployment process would start before it reaches production. Let’s give Dash room to grow.

Currently Dash has two development groups, one group is working on the Dash v12.1 update (a very large update which is currently in its final stage and should hit Mainnet in feb 2017)
and another group of devs have been busy with outlining and coding Dash Evolution (which is currently in its first stage and should hit Dash Testnet in a few months).

As no specific date for implementation of the 2MB increase was ever set and the Dash devs have been focussing on update v12.1 and Dash Evolution, it is reasonable to believe it will
be implemented after update v12.1 and maybe even after Dash Evolution as there is currently no technical need for it.
Dash 1MB blocks are currently rarely full --> http://178.254.23.111/~pub/Dash/Dash_Info.html *block/trx info), but there could be a technical need for it after Dash Evolution.

legendary

legendary

For Dash the scaling solution has been the implementation of its second tier network some time ago, which is approaching maturity now :

First Tier : Proof of Work --> Miners
Second Tier : Proof of Service --> Masternodes

The second tier can be forced to have hardware upgrades if the network demands that. Say for example the masternodes need a better minimal cpu or more ram or more diskspace to handle
increased usage, they can be forced to comply.

With Dash Evolution (scheduled for end 2017), there will be a further scaling solution for Dash which makes it possible to handle large amounts of transactions per second.
It will introduce a third tier in the form of end-users that get connected to the Dash network through DAPI (decentralized api)

Note : there could be changes in above picture (which was used as a teaser to introduce Dash Evolution), as i remember zero-fee transactions could cause certain problems, so there could be a switch to
using small fees to cope with that.

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
The competition between Dash and Monero has been going for some time and I believe it is good for the space and development of each projects. For me it all depends on the tech and marketing side of each project, if they can find a balance and  any of this team is able to develop a suitable scaling solution for their project it will be great

so thats great if your stash worth 10x or more from initial investment. however   your investment today would worth 50% more if you bought  Dash when the price was at par with monero.

i guess monero competition is not against the fiat money Huh

heh... so monero is set to destroy other crypto at any cost ? because... "currency competition point of view"  Shocked

Some of my Moneros are worth more than 10 x from the initial purchase price, some significiantly less... I actually have bought some coins at 0.018-0.02 level as well. Not too many though.
Overall, the profit is hundreds of percents (average purchase price is sub 0.003).
That being said, bear in mind I do not own that many Moneros as some might think, my position is relatively small - I should have gone all-in Monero around 1 year ago, and prefertably leverage myself from toe to the teeth but that is just after math.

Monero competition is not against fiat - I agree. It is against Dark coin. Bitcoin is combatting against fiat money and it has done pretty good job recently. However, I am a bit against too trollish approach to Dark coin community because I bet no determined Dark bagholder will buy into Monero thanks to trolling... I might be wrong though. The correct approach would be perhaps more intelligent...?

Monero competition is not against fiat - I agree. It is against Dark coin. Bitcoin is combatting against fiat money and it has done pretty good job recently.

Monero has technical advantage comparing other coin.
Monero : competition to bitcoin and anonymous coins.

Dash is combatting with bitcoin and fiat money.
Monero and Dash is targeting other area now. Monero succeed in his aim.
Dark bagholder will buy more Monero,  If  monero technologiest make gentle troll.

He is keeping bumping dash, it is good side, he doesn't need to work because he got wealth from monero, i hope he will blow his monero money in one day, so he will not troll dash any more.
he doesn't need to work because he got wealth from monero, i hope he will blow his monero money in one day,
 <== My hope,___ this would be fact, because Monero big Pumpping.
Activity: 358
Merit: 250
And the rise continues ...

4H Time Interval

1W Time Interval

Dont you all just love it, i know i do Grin

Monero,Dash order
similar pattern
Dash show strong trend.
check point  : only 0.018~0.019btc  and 0.026~0.028btc

Beautiful chart. Yet it doesn't mean shit Sad.
There is no pattern that predicts price movement given the order book data.
Pages:
Jump to: